ROYAL PRINCESS?? has anyone cruised her lately?

motherchic

We took the Royal on a Med cruise this summer. Best service and food we have had on 9 combined Princess and RCI cruises. There is entertainment and things to do on this ship, but not of the scale as on a larger ship. The crew was exceptionally nice and friendly. There is a large, beautiful, well-stocked library and a good gym. If you don't need constant bingo, computer classes and dance classes, you'll love this ship.

Les

I'll be on the Royal Princess in just over a week and I'm really looking forward to it. I love small ships and have never, ever found I didn't have enough to do even if it meant I was curled up in a chair in the library reading a book.

Many of the Royal's itineraries are very port-intensive so that you're out early in the morning and back late in the afternoon or even the next day. Lots of entertainment really isn't necessary on these cruises.

Is there enough to do--depends on what you want and what you expect, right? I'm a self-entertainer--I pretty much need a balcony, a book, binoculars & a glass of wine and I'm happy for the entire cruise. Small ships have less entertainment staff, fewer facilities, and so on. I LOVED the Pacific Princess and cannot wait to travel again on sister ships (whether Princess, Oceania, or even Azamara:p ) I can't say if YOU'LL think there's "enough to do" but my husband and I were thrilled with the cruise....

Is there enough to do--depends on what you want and what you expect, right? I'm a self-entertainer--I pretty much need a balcony, a book, binoculars & a glass of wine and I'm happy for the entire cruise. Small ships have less entertainment staff, fewer facilities, and so on. I LOVED the Pacific Princess and cannot wait to travel again on sister ships (whether Princess, Oceania, or even Azamara:p ) I can't say if YOU'LL think there's "enough to do" but my husband and I were thrilled with the cruise....

TRUE...that was a bad question. I have sailed celebrity many times. Have loved the ships and the relaxed atmosphere. This time I have been looking into my first Princess cruise- thought about the Royal.

But wanted a bit more choices for daytime activity.

I dont want hairy chest contests but would like more then napkin folding,

thank you for your replies

Nadine

We were on Pacific Princess in Alaska in September and there were many lectures by the naturalist on board and visiting Park Rangers in a couple of spots. There were trivia contests, art auctions, computer classes (extra $$), a culinary demonstration & the galley tour. Bingo. Karaoke and sing alongs at night. I saved my patters but I'm at work now and have exhausted my memory for the moment. Hopefully somebody else could add in more, with Royal specific Patter/activity information?

Here is a question. On another thread regarding the pacific Princess one poster stated that they now have a nightly buffet. He stated that it has started a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if that is also on the Tahitian and the Royal.

marilyn

Archived