Can You Get Back on Ship With Frozen Daiquiri?

globe9

My girlfriend would like to know if in Progresso or Cozumel she buys a large frozen daiquiri or something can she bring it back onto the ship or would she have to chug it before she would be allowed to get back onto the ship?

My girlfriend would like to know if in Progresso or Cozumel she buys a large frozen daiquiri or something can she bring it back onto the ship or would she have to chug it before she would be allowed to get back onto the ship?

Good question....to which I do not know the answer.

I think she would have to chug it for security reasons (ie bringing liquids on board that can not be "scanned").

If she puts it in a cup like a travel coffee mug with a top on it that is insulated to keep it cold it would slide right through the scanner if they made her put it in.

But how would it last that long???????? It would be consumed waiting in line to get on the boat if not in transit.

If it is a plastic mug carry it through. No diffrent than carring a glass of ice water.

In Grand Cayman, they would not allow a friend of mine to carry a beverage past security where you show your S&S to prove you are on the ship. He had to finish the drink before going through. I think it was a yard of frozen drink from Margaritaville.

This may be different at other ports. Grand Cayman is a tender port, so maybe that makes a difference? I seem to notice that Mexican ports are a bit more relaxed.

I have seen security trash anything liquid that was not able to go through the scanned and they made people empty their "coffee" mugs into a trash can. This was 2 months ago. That trash can sure smelled like a frat party morning after!

I have seen security trash anything liquid that was not able to go through the scanned and they made people empty their "coffee" mugs into a trash can. This was 2 months ago. That trash can sure smelled like a frat party morning after!

I carry one of those large insulated coffee mugs filled with ice water whenever we go into a port. I just carry it through and have NEVER had them check it

WOW, I've gotten back on the ship MANY times with a drink from Senor Frogs or Carlos and Charlies and never had a problem, never been asked to drink it or pour it out :confused: I've done this several times in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and did it Saturday in Nassau... I've also never seen anyone be told that they had to drink their drink before getting on the ship... typically there are large crowds coming back in at least in Coz and Nassau with their yard glasses, not empty and I've never seen a single problem.

In Grand Cayman, they would not allow a friend of mine to carry a beverage past security where you show your S&S to prove you are on the ship. He had to finish the drink before going through. I think it was a yard of frozen drink from Margaritaville.

This may be different at other ports. Grand Cayman is a tender port, so maybe that makes a difference? I seem to notice that Mexican ports are a bit more relaxed.

That is the understatement of the century....love it!!! :D

I carry one of those large insulated coffee mugs filled with ice water whenever we go into a port. I just carry it through and have NEVER had them check it

I've done that too. I think the OP will be fine.:cool:

hey...

if i found you in port, do ya think they'd let me take you back on the ship, or wld i have to finish you b/4 i went through security?:p

I would hope they would let you becuase a yard o' liv is a lot to handle...:eek: :D

Archived