Gala Buffet and *germs*

danya83

I obviously meant TONGS not THONGS.:o :o :o

All the spelling and grammar police must have been asleep. Kelly seems to be the only one who caught it.:D :D

Hi, Colette! I'm glad you don't mind me having a little fun with you!!:D How are things going?

A staff-member (on another cruise line) once confided to me that the "midnight" buffet was actually leftovers from the various dining rooms from that day. Since it was not practical to keep it for following days, it was simply a matter of serve it or have it go to waste. I don't know if this is also the case at RCI, but it does sound logical.

When you consider all the food that must go wasted already, the buffet may be only a small part of the picture.

In any case, it's my impression that there is always a certain number of passengers, including ME, willing to help control the problem (Waste vs waist)

Hi, Colette! I'm glad you don't mind me having a little fun with you!!:D How are things going?

Just got back from Bermuda and it's sooooo depressing with cold rainy weather. Probably won't be cruising there next year because of too many changes, i.e., ships, docking, and cruises too short. Hoping to go to the Caribbean again this winter.

How's everthing in the 'Burg?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the various alcohol-based hand sanitizers that are used on ships and purchased in pharmacies are almost totally worthless protection against the Norovirus. The only effective way to kill the Norovirus is by washing your hands in soap and water.

Hank

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the various alcohol-based hand sanitizers that are used on ships and purchased in pharmacies are almost totally worthless protection against the Norovirus. The only effective way to kill the Norovirus is by washing your hands in soap and water.

Hank

I know washing your hands with soap and water is the thing to do but could you backup your other statement with some hard evidence? Where did you get this information?:confused:

I believe you are right. In fact, the last couple of cruises I've been on didn't even have the sanitizers anymore in the Windjammer, etc. I saw a thing on TV where they were saying that the sanitizers actually eat away at your skin. The sanitizers were actually to blame for some people, mostly kids, getting sick.

Just got back from Bermuda and it's sooooo depressing with cold rainy weather. Probably won't be cruising there next year because of too many changes, i.e., ships, docking, and cruises too short. Hoping to go to the Caribbean again this winter.

How's everthing in the 'Burg?

I hope you had a great time in Bermuda. Are you planning on a cruise next year, just to a different destination? Things here in the 'Burg are fine. The folliage was at its peak about a week ago. It finally feels like fall temperature-wise, and today was a beautifully sunny (yet chilly) day for the trick-or-treaters. Now if I can just keep myself away from the kids' candy bags!:)

On the Mariner you couldn't enter anyplace with food without washing with a sanitizing wipe, not that gel. I was in the Promenade Cafe after having just sanitized and being handed a plate with cookies and wanted a carton of milk. To get in line again I had to sanitize again. Constant vigilance would describe sanitation of passengers on the Mariner.

Archived