Ladies only---formal attire

dickinson

I am trying to pack for a 15 day cruise set to leave in this hurricane (enough stress!!). As I try to pack lightly (yeah right!:D :D ) my decision is do I take one formal dress or 2. There are 2 formal nights and I do own 2 long formals. Its just that one is navy blue and the other black. that means 2 pairs of shoes that will just be worn once. Sooooo.... do I take one formal and wear it twice or bring both? What would you do?

I'd pack both gowns. I love dressing formal and I'd be disappointed not to wear something different for each formal night. I pack two pair of shoes that are only worn once for every cruise. My two favorite gowns have some gold sequins so I could take just gold shoes. Shoes are too easy to stuff with other items, so I just couldn't bear to leave them behind.

I'm taking two formal outfits with two pairs of shoes. Normally, I'd only take one pair as I usually wear black with both outfits, but this time I have a different colored gown and matching shoes. If you like them and plan to wear them, go for two! :)

I would say that if you enjoy the formals then you enjoy dressing up and that you should take both pairs of shoes and both dresses...unless you have one set of shoes that could go with both dresses (I think that would be the ideal). But...if you don't then just go with the one dress....no one is going to notice or remember as long as they are not hot pink or turqouise or anything :) . I personally would never dress up...but my husband loves it...or maybe he loves the fact that I can't wait to get undressed as soon as possible ;) ....

Shoes are too easy to stuff with other items, so I just couldn't bear to leave them behind.

I'm with pungo3, take both and don't worry about space for shoes. I take a suitcase full of just shoes. Sometimes I have to find outfits to match shoes that I like... :D

Thanks everyone! I think I will take both dresses and shoes. I am sure I pack lightly compared to some people but next to my husband I don't. I think he thinks it is a contest to see how lightly he can pack. Me, I would rather bring things and be prepared. I usually have 1 suitcase and one carry on rolling bag. this cruise however is 15 days long and we are staying an extra day at the end so its a lot of days. I plan on doing laundry but don't want to wear the same clothes over and over. Everything is all laid out. I hope it all fits!!!

Now if only Frances would GO AWAY!

Two dresses or one, it makes little difference. Everybody else will be worrying about what they themselves look like, not you. Least of all to worry about is the color of your shoes. Once you put it all on, as long as you remember to put on the smile, you'll be great!

Slinkie

Archived