Walk in at Nachi Cocom?

jakeith

Does anyone have experience with walking up at Nachi Cocom rather than booking through Island Marketing. It is not that I am opposed to spending the $49, it is a great deal for the whole day. But, we do not arrive in Cozumel until 1 PM, and I can't forsee us getting to a beach before 2 and with a 5 PM close I can't justify the $49. I read in an older thread that others were able to walk up, but wondering if anyone has any recent advice or input. I figure it is worth a try and if denied, we will simply go to MR. Sancho's. Thanks

Does anyone have experience with walking up at Nachi Cocom rather than booking through Island Marketing. It is not that I am opposed to spending the $49, it is a great deal for the whole day. But, we do not arrive in Cozumel until 1 PM, and I can't forsee us getting to a beach before 2 and with a 5 PM close I can't justify the $49. I read in an older thread that others were able to walk up, but wondering if anyone has any recent advice or input. I figure it is worth a try and if denied, we will simply go to MR. Sancho's. Thanks

I can find out for you. I am booked there in a couple of weeks.

I have read about lots of folks doing that. I doubt they would ever be at their 100 limit.

Although one word of advice....I have read of some taxi drivers giving folks a "hard time" about going there if they don't have a reservation. If that happens just stand your ground.

Have a wonderful day in Cozumel!!

I've posted this question recently also, but, the answer to this is still a mystery to me. I've gone in the past at least 3xs without paying the day fee, but it's been over 2 yrs since last visit. I feel the same way you do about justifying the fee & rather pay as I go for the chair, drinks & food. I was hoping to find out before I leave on 11/12 for our cruise. Maybe someone that's been there recently might post the answer here before then. If not, we are going to try anyway & I'll let you know what happens.

I've posted this question recently also, but, the answer to this is still a mystery to me. I've gone in the past at least 3xs without paying the day fee, but it's been over 2 yrs since last visit. I feel the same way you do about justifying the fee & rather pay as I go for the chair, drinks & food. I was hoping to find out before I leave on 11/12 for our cruise. Maybe someone that's been there recently might post the answer here before then. If not, we are going to try anyway & I'll let you know what happens.

I am not absolutely positive, but I believe the "change" to an AI was after Hurricane Wilma. While I do not believe that reservations are absolutely required ahead of time, I would be surprised if they allow any "ala carte" now that they are an established all inclusive. But I guess it can't hurt to try.

Just be prepared for the $49.00 per person just in case.

I would love to know this as well. We went in September, and plan to go back next month. We loved it, but definitely did not eat/drink enough to break even by any means! But, it won't stop us from going, even if we can't walk in without a reservation. Can't wait to go...one month from today!

We were there halloween week.

We had reservations, but there was only the 6 of us, the whole day! Very cool:D

Our waiter said that you could buy the package, like we did, or spend at least $20 in food/drinks. Taxi driver did ask if we had reservations. If you don't I would just "sure".

Have fun......Eric

Surprisingly, the website posted above does not have any information about pricing.

Specifically I was hoping to find out what was "included" in the "all-inclusive" fee, as well as what else there was available that would cost extra.

The only place you can get pricing for/book Nachi-Cocom is here:

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

Thanks for the link Scott!

I think I had the Nachi Cocum excursion mixed up with this one:

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/AllInclusiveResort.htm

I like this one because of the open bar, food, and pools.

Seems like a good deal, and relaxing way for us to spend the day, but I can't figure out which resort they are using.

Would like to know more about the massage experince there...

Anyone know???

Thanks for the link Scott!

I think I had the Nachi Cocum excursion mixed up with this one:

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/AllInclusiveResort.htm

I like this one because of the open bar, food, and pools.

Seems like a good deal, and relaxing way for us to spend the day, but I can't figure out which resort they are using.

Would like to know more about the massage experince there...

Anyone know???

Ok, I just used the Live Chat feature on their website and found out the above AI is at The Reef Club, which is now a Wyndham Resort. I'm going to research that one to see what others thought of it compared to Nachi.

Ok, I just used the Live Chat feature on their website and found out the above AI is at The Reef Club, which is now a Wyndham Resort. I'm going to research that one to see what others thought of it compared to Nachi.

You will find that the reef club or what is now the Wyndham is a buffet style lunch, Nachi is menu ordered food. Big difference is beach quality.

Thanks for doing the research, LTVSCOUT!

At least we have something to go by now to look into it further!

The Reef Club also has OPEN BAR, too, for those who may enjoy that kind of thing.... :D

Lots more to look into, but we're off to a good start!

Thanks for doing the research, LTVSCOUT!

At least we have something to go by now to look into it further!

The Reef Club also has OPEN BAR, too, for those who may enjoy that kind of thing.... :D

Lots more to look into, but we're off to a good start!

Both have an open bar, and yes most rave about the food at Nachi.

From what I've read Nachi also serves higher grade liquor vs rail liquor. I've also read people complaining that the drinks seemed to be watered down at the Wyndham.

Most reviews of the wydham were when it was actaully the reef club. Now i dont know how much has changed in a short period of time but Nachi does have a much better beach location, does not serve via buffet, and is more of a private setting. The beach at the wyndham is very rocky and fairly small.

My next question doesn't really need it's own thread, so I'll toss it out here...

Does anyone know how the food is handled at Nachi? DO you have to order the entire meal at once and sit and eat, or can you (for example) order an appetizer when you get there, then go grab a sandwich and a drink at noon, then order an entree after you swim all afternoon?

I know, I know....but it's these little things that keep coming up!

Thanks for your help!

I'm liking the Nachi Cocum option more and more!

:)

My next question doesn't really need it's own thread, so I'll toss it out here...

Does anyone know how the food is handled at Nachi? DO you have to order the entire meal at once and sit and eat, or can you (for example) order an appetizer when you get there, then go grab a sandwich and a drink at noon, then order an entree after you swim all afternoon?

I know, I know....but it's these little things that keep coming up!

Thanks for your help!

I'm liking the Nachi Cocum option more and more!

:)

Yes you can

Archived