Aloha Deck Noisy?

shofer

We are booked on the Grand in February and it will be our first time on a ship with MUTS. We have 3 cabins all on the Aloha deck midships under the pool deck. Wondering if there is a lot of noise from above or from MUTS? We like to sit on our balcony before bedtime for a quiet drink and relaxation. Is this going to be possible with MUTS?

We were on the Coral this past February also midships on the Aloha deck and never heard any noise from chairs, etc. Coral does not have MUTS.

Any input is welcome

We were mid-ship Aloha on the Star (sister ship to the Grand) and definitely heard noise. The Star doesn't have MUTS so can't comment on that but we heard alot of chairs being moved on deck in the early morning and late afternoon as the crew prepared for and then cleaned up after the pool day. We could also hear the clicking of ladies high heels. This all didn't really bother us but we know now to pick the next deck down.

We met some people on the Golden [sister ship to the Star and Grand]

who hated their cabin on Aloha since it was right underneath the children's center and they said they heard noise up until 11:30 at night

or until closing, when the parents finally came to pick their children up.

Hi

Funny, I just posted a similar question yesterday. Can you tell me what cabin you had on Aloha. I think we are under the pool area, and the sliding of chairs in the AM will definately be a bother on sea days when we want to sleep late.

thanks

Hi

Funny, I just posted a similar question yesterday. Can you tell me what cabin you had on Aloha. I think we are under the pool area, and the sliding of chairs in the AM will definately be a bother on sea days when we want to sleep late.

thanks

We were in A406. The problem is there are deck chairs along just about 2/3's of that deck so they are bothersome. We moved down to staying on the baja deck and really like it. The extra flight of steps to the lido deck is also good for us;)

We had 719 and 723 on Grand Aloha deck - no noise from above, but I would go down two decks to Caribe if you can. The Aloha balcony was really small and we spent less time out there. We've had aft (larger) balconies 3 out of the 6 times we've sailed, and found that we spent a lot more time enjoying the larger balconies. I don't think there is much difference in the price, if any.

We have not yet had an aft balcony. Guess we will have to book very early to get one. We booked in July for 2/2/08 and took a chance on a 3 guarantee BE cabins as to where we would end up. About a month later our TA got a call from Princess offering us an upgrade to BB midships, Aloha deck and all togther too!

We are off the Coral Princess this past February and had a cabin on the Aloha deck and never heard a sound above us. So we weren't concerned about it until I started seeing other posts about the noise from the pool deck and MUTS on the Grand.

On Coral we were A502, second cabin in the bump out.

On Grand we are A415, 419, 423. This is going to be our "kids" first cruise, ditto for the spouses, so we want them to have the perfect cruise experience. As of right now, the balconies are all sold out but final payment is 2 wks away and there might be some movement at that time. Because we are all together, we did put a "do not upgrade" on our reservation.

Of course, if they offered us a suite, I'm sure DH would jump at it.

Archived