Help! DH (Dopey husband) has no bathingsuit!

leavitt1

OK, so my DH was away on business for most of September and October, his busy season. I reminded him a few times to check out a couple of the sales and pick up bathingsuits and some shorts. Did he do it? :rolleyes: Of course not. He is now finally home :D , and all of a sudden it hit me to ask.

Me: "Darling, did you ever get around to buying those bathingsuits you so desperately need for the cruise in January?"

DH: "Um...oops."

:eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

So...needless to say, I'm in a panic. I went to the internet, hoping to find a few leftover clearance sales. Now THAT was an eye-opening experience! Some of those men's bathingsuit sites show suits that leave NOTHING to the imagination. Much worse than the women's equivalent. I think I was blushing. Well, I finally found a few things at Kohl's.com, but I'm worried that nothing will fit. Does anyone have any other ideas? I tried Sports Authority, Modells, JC Penny, Amazon, Overstock...

Thanks,

Michelle

Do you have a sports shop near you? I found a swimsuit out of season a few years ago for myself. If all else fails, a pair of nylon-type shorts should work. That's basically what mens trunks are anyhow minus the liner. Here's a few links I've found. The only one I have experience with is Amazon though.

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/prodshelf.asp?dept_id=100075

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=3381501

http://www.swimoutlet.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=694&gclid=CIX6nf3ZtY8CFQ1kWAod-lLVcQ

I second Lands End. Their stuff is great.

Most sporting good stores probably still have board shorts & things like that available. If all else fails, get him some running shorts with the mesh lining. They'll work just as well!

I'll third Land's End and also suggest you call LLBean. My dh and grown sons prefer LLBean for swim trunks. They say the inner lining is more comfortable, they dry faster and they don't get "bubble pockets" when they jump in the pool. ;)

Here... I found the one they like best. It has an 8" inseam which my guys wear and comes in 8 colors. For $17.50 it's a great buy. http://*****.com/38ylgo Oh... and they have free shipping until some time in December. :)

I have a similar problem with my daughter. She outgrew her bathing suits. We tried them on this weekend and they are really small. Anyone know where to find a child's suit at this time of year. She has to try it on so mail order is out.

Try places like Ross/Dillards/even walmart had some left last time I was in there.

Oh and Burlington and TJMaxx had some there too last I was in there (1 - 2 weeks ago)

Also if you like near the coast there are surf shops. When I sailed out of Galveston in the Winter there was a surf shop open with suits.

I have a similar problem with my daughter. She outgrew her bathing suits. We tried them on this weekend and they are really small. Anyone know where to find a child's suit at this time of year. She has to try it on so mail order is out.

If you can't find one at home you'll most likely find one in a port. Not the best selection for a child's suit... but then you don't have the option of being "picky", either.

As for mail order... find a suit she likes and order 2 or three sizes. Send the ones that don't fit back. Women do this all the time. ;)

If you can't find one at home you'll most likely find one in a port. Not the best selection for a child's suit... but then you don't have the option of being "picky", either.

As for mail order... find a suit she likes and order 2 or three sizes. Send the ones that don't fit back. Women do this all the time. ;)

This works especially well at Penneys, because they let you take something you ordered on their internet site, or from the catalog, back to a brick and mortar store and not have to worry about packing and shipping back the item. If something is not right, just take it back to the catalog department at the store.

I also second checking clearance racks at places like Dillards. I have seen men's swimsuits there recently. If you have time, you can also buy something at the embarcation port, especially in places like Miami, if you get in a little early.

I don't think you'll have trouble if you try a major department store or a large, chain sporting goods store. Another alternative that I use instead of a regular bathing suit is just to wear regular mesh work out shorts with a jock underneath (sorry for being too graphic). That might be s simpler solution if he already has those at home.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, well not the entire order, just the primary reason for placing the order in the first place! Yesterday, I received the rest of the order I placed a few weeks ago. Then today, I received an email telling me that the bathingsuit that prompted me to place the order in the first place and a pair of shorts my dh really liked were no longer available so oh well. :( So now dh has one bathingsuit that he thinks are "ok," two pair of shorts, and a pair of flipflops. I guess we'll be looking to LL Bean to get a second suit and a couple more pair of shorts. This is so frustrating!

Never underestimate the power of ADIDAS SOCCER SHORTS!!! Those baby's are lined and come in dark colors. After I'm done on the field, I never have shame jumping in the pool. Better yet, they dry out really fast because they're made of that 'cool wic' material. You can get Adidas shorts at ANY sports store but dont go for the cheap stuff.... those shorts will show all! HA!

Good luck and let us know what you discover.... might be something none of us thought of!

I would check the local department stores. I found a whole rack of 80% off men's swimwear at our local Elder Beerman store and picked up one for DH. Also, saw some yesterday at our Kohl's store on the clearance racks in the men's department. There are clearance racks everywhere right now because of all the holiday merchandise coming in.

Good luck!

Archived