Camp Carnival

dlex

you will not see your kid until after the cruise LOL. We took our first cruise in August. (Miracle out of NY) Son is 9 years old and was reluctant to go at first. After dropping him off we told him we would come back in an hour to see if he liked it. Went back @ 8pm and he told us to come back when they closed LOL. Told him they "close" at 3am......he said "SO?"

Only time we saw him after that was lunch and shore excursions.

A vacation within a vacation for me and Mrs.

Going on the conquest with a 6 y/o and was wondering what camp carnivals prices were and if they are worth it?

I have all of the age specific programs from my 8 day Milracle I just got off of....I'm hoping to scan the camp things in tonight, it'll give you an idea of everything they do with the lids.

There no price. But we tip them at the end of the cruise. Our kids who are

now 8 & 10 love it. They been going to the camps since they were 5 love them.

In fact we gave them a choice between WDW and cruise. They choose the

cruise.

We love it as we only see them at lunch and bedtime.

Besides the babysitting after 10pm, the only other thing that costs extra is if you decide to purchase a Build A Bear.

9am - 10pm (with some breaks for lunch and dinner) is all included. This also includes any tshirts that they color or sand bottles they fill etc.

The only complaint that I have about Camp Carnival is all of the signing in and out you have to do and the fact they never seem to be open. They are only open a couple of hours in the morning, closed for lunch, open a few hours in the afternoon, then closed for dinner. We had the 8:00 dinner, so the only time my kids could go was in the morning or afternoon. My 8 year went twice to CC on the Conquest 2 weeks ago. He had an ok time, he just wished there was more free time. He also said that the schedule was not really followed. My kids also like to swim and there was never any swim time that I saw.

We did leave our son in CC while in Cozumel for the day. He ate lunch there and had a good time that day - there was more free time.

The staff was very friendly and great with the kids.

The only complaint that I have about Camp Carnival is all of the signing in and out you have to do and the fact they never seem to be open. They are only open a couple of hours in the morning, closed for lunch, open a few hours in the afternoon, then closed for dinner. We had the 8:00 dinner, so the only time my kids could go was in the morning or afternoon. My 8 year went twice to CC on the Conquest 2 weeks ago. He had an ok time, he just wished there was more free time. He also said that the schedule was not really followed. My kids also like to swim and there was never any swim time that I saw.

We did leave our son in CC while in Cozumel for the day. He ate lunch there and had a good time that day - there was more free time.

The staff was very friendly and great with the kids.

When our boys were CC age, we would take them in at 9 and pick them up at noon to feed them lunch. Then bring them back at 2pm until we picked them up for dinner at 5pm. Then they would go back and play from 7pm -10pm.

That has Camp Carnival closed for 4 hours out of a 13 hour day on sea days. I don't see how anyone gets the idea that "they are never open".

On port days, Camp Carnival is closed a whooping 45 minutes.

The schedule that Fred posted had 3 or 4 port days...so on that cruise Camp Carnival was basically opened all the time except 3 hours on the first day and 4 hours on the last day....out of a 7 day cruise.

As everyone said, no charge (except after 10pm). Good luck getting your child to *want* to spend time with the rest of the family. ;)

Here is my collection of schedules for the different age groups...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Camp%20Carnival%20Capers/

I know what you mean. We always did our port days together as a family and the boys were always so disappointed that is wasn't a "Camp Carnival" day...but a day they had to spend with Mom and Dad!! :rolleyes:

I know what you mean. We always did our port days together as a family and the boys were always so disappointed that is wasn't a "Camp Carnival" day...but a day they had to spend with Mom and Dad!! :rolleyes:

Or sitting there through dinner and hearing "Is it time yet?" 2 minutes go past..."Is it time yet?".....2 more minutes past "Time yet?????"

NO IT'S NOT TIME FOR CAMP TO OPEN!!!!!! :rolleyes:

And I specially remember MANY occasions that I went and DRAGGED my kids out to go SWIMMING with me. What kid who lives in chilly Central PA doesn't want to go swimming???? They wanted to stay in Camp.

I am glad they shut down for a few hours, at least I get my kids back. :)

I think the schedule gives a pretty good balance of "kid time" and "family time." We use the 12-2 closing time on sea days as family lunch and swimming time, then in the late afternoon the kids can have some "down time" before dinner, resting in the cabin with cartoons or Gameboy. Sometimes they have dinner with Camp Carnival, but they really enjoy dinner with us in the dining room too.

When a kid get to eight years old, the requirement to sign in goes away. (At least, that was the way it was several years ago when our kid was young.) The kid gets a schedule and goes on his own to meet the group at the appointed time and place. When the activity is over, the kid goes on his way. The kids make friends in the group, and then hang with their frienbds between activities.

We rarely saw our kid during the day after she turned eight. The only rule was that she had to be dressed and ready in time to eat dinner with us in the dining room.

My kids are 9 and 11. They went on their first cruise when they were 6 & 8. Our kids even eat dinner with CC. They eat with us 2 nights and then CC the other nights. We get them for lunch and take them swimming then they were ready to go back to CC. THEY LOVED IT!!!!! and still do. Though this next cruise will be the first time we will let them sign themselves in and out, since they can do it together.

As far as the after 10:00 p.m. part, my kids asked to do the slumber party, and then we utilized it one more night but with two kids it can add up quickly, plus with 5 adults including nana, someone is always ready to go to bed around 10, so it helps us save money.

Your 6 year old will have a blast. It is the perfect vacation with kids and then without them as well.

Our 3 year-old loved Camp Carnival - cried when we picked her up! Cruisinmama is so right - she was always asking about when she could go back. The staff was very patient and accomodating. The only thing that happened was that our DD was a little whiny on the one evening when we let her eat dinner with Camp. They called us to get her at 7:30 - she came to our 8:30 dinner with us (as she did every night) and ate everything that wasn't nailed down. She was starving - hence, the evil side coming out. I was not upset with the CC staff - it is not up to them to see that the children eat. We took her back for "Slumber Party" at 10 and they welcomed her with open arms. Oh, and we did tip them on the last night.

Archived