Eggs Benedict Oosterdam Room Service

lighthouse206

I know some people have reported being able to write in eggs benedict on the room service card, and have actually had it delivered.

Anyone tried on the Oosterdam lately? We'll be in a category SY.....

Also, I know you can call in for room service in the morning instead of leaving out the card. If you call in can you order eggs b?

Thanks.

The main reason why they don't offer Eggs Benedict on the room service menu - and the best reason why you shouldn't try to order them through room service - is that they have only one tiny room service galley on that ship that is very, very far away from your cabin.

If they do manage to produce them, the long trip to your cabin reduces them to a congealed cold inedible mess that you will then legitimately complain about.

This is a lose - lose situation that is best avoided by ordering something they can do well.

I don't question your saying they could be a disaster

but

we have never had cold food that should have been hot.

Our HOT food always comes HOT..............on special hot-plates AND they have wonderful new coffee and/or hot water servers that are COLD on the outside but the contents are HOT.

I think they do a great job delivering hot food HOT.................but, I bet the yolks would be hard by the time you got them!;)

The main reason why they don't offer Eggs Benedict on the room service menu - and the best reason why you shouldn't try to order them through room service - is that they have only one tiny room service galley on that ship that is very, very far away from your cabin.

If they do manage to produce them, the long trip to your cabin reduces them to a congealed cold inedible mess that you will then legitimately complain about.

This is a lose - lose situation that is best avoided by ordering something they can do well.

Save Eggs Benedict as a treat to order in the dining room. On a morning when you'd really like having it, I would suggest foregoing room service.

We save eggs Benedict for the dining room on days at sea, usually done perfect. We have a local restaurant that serves eggs Benedict over crab cakes instead of English muffins, my wife goes nuts for them. Couple years ago on a Cruise West cruise they had crab cakes left over from the night before and made our eggs Benedict with them for us. HAL has crab cakes occasionally for dinner and we are going to see if we can get our eggs Benedict with them on the Volendam.

I adore the eggs benedict in the DR. It would never occur to have something that fragile delivered from room service. I enjoy having some fruit early and then making a brunch of the eggs benedict towards the end of breakfast time.

Thanks for the histories, and also another foodie website for my favorites. I also had thought New Orleans, and seem to remember something in the Brennan's history/cookbook about Eggs Benedict having been originated there. Kudos to whomever:) :) :). Just wish HAL had whole grain muffins or low-carb buns to put them on if requested.

I'm with you, Gooselace. As I have written here a number of times in the past, I wish they had many whole grain, whole wheat items..... pasta, brown rice, bagels, English muffins. I keep hoping we will see them introduce more healthy choices.

I do applaud they have not used fats with trans fats for frying. Not that it makes fried food healthy but at least it gets rid of the trans fats from that source.

Archived