Update on HAL

Lithium

Just talked to HAL. They said that I don't need to tell them if I will be there or not. I can let them know anytime before I get there or the ship leaves, and if I can't make it then they will give me a refund. Now this is great news!!!!

Just talked to HAL. They said that I don't need to tell them if I will be there or not. I can let them know anytime before I get there or the ship leaves, and if I can't make it then they will give me a refund. Now this is great news!!!!
Excellent, that is good because obviously there are many who won't know if they can make it until they do (or don't). You gonna try?

Yes, I am going to try and be there. I am scheduled to land in FLL tomorrow at 7:40PM. Hopefully that will be enough time.

Note that I talked to a HAL rep and they put a note in our reservation that we were going to try and make it and if not HAL would give us a refund. I am calling back right now to verify I get the same answer. I will update after I speak with them.

Yes, I am going to try and be there. I am scheduled to land in FLL tomorrow at 7:40PM. Hopefully that will be enough time.

I was just thinking about you, wondering if you decided to try to go or not.

Keep us posted on what happens, I really hope you can get there safely.

Glad to hear the good news. Great Luck on making the sailing. My only comment about HAL after reading dozens and dozens of frustrated postings here is this....HAL has been at this for 129 years. They have been thru disasters and wars with this cruise line. I believe they will do the best they can within reason for their passengers.

I'm really glad they came thru for you. I have shared your frustration.

One other comment. I notice on the RCCL web page that they are not offering cash refunds, only letters of credit for future cruises. I believe the same is true for NCL. HAL, on the other hand, has offered no-questions-asked cash refunds.

I hope it does work out for you and everyone else who plans to fly into FLL tomorrow. Since Frances seems to be stalled off the coast, moving less than 1 MPH, the storm isn't expected to hit the mainland until Sunday now and may take several hours after that to clear out of FLL so planes can come into the area. Lots of luck!!

Slinkie

Well, with HALs late decision yesterday to move to monday, i could no longer find a flight into miami or FLL as they were all booked. So I had to cancel :( . Oh well, I will live to cruise again. Thanks to everyone who provided info, understanding and insight into things, it was well appreciated! :D

Well, with HALs late decision yesterday to move to monday, i could no longer find a flight into miami or FLL as they were all booked. So I had to cancel :( . Oh well, I will live to cruise again. Thanks to everyone who provided info, understanding and insight into things, it was well appreciated! :D

I am so sorry that you could not get to your cruise, but it would of been terrible trying to arrive in Florida. You will definitely have to try for another time.

Archived