Kill Me Now

Have you checked to see if any other cruise ships are also in port that day? If it is just Westerdam and Freedom of the Seas it won't really be too bad. Have been there when there were seven big cruise ships and it was just awful, mobs of people everywhere and gridlock on the roads.

I was in St Maarten last February on the Westerdam and there were two other ships in that day:

IMG_0434.jpg?imgmax=512

Perhaps someone will know which ones they are, but Orient beach was not crowded at all that day....and boy, was it a scorcher....of course the Westerdam was docked at the END of the pier behind the ship on the left.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, it is your vacation after all :).

Aircraft Carrier Ronald Reagan AKA Freedom of the Seas:eek:

That just made me laugh out loud. Thank for the perspective.

On my Enchantment cruise, I was so worried about Cozumel because there were 5 ships in port at that time, and we were the last to dock. I figured the beach we wanted to go to would be totally packed by then. As it turned out, it rained all day. The beach was totally empty!

If you want some fun, change your cruise to the Oosterdam on March 22. We'll be on that sailing!

That's what my DH would do! :)

Frankly, I'd be more than happy if they suggested we not go ashore to give them the opportunity to enjoy, it would be more than fine by me. Let them have first crack at the restaurant table/ the bar stool, let them have a great day of 'liberty'.

Aircraft Carrier Ronald Reagan AKA Freedom of the Seas.

That's the way to support our guys and gals. Don't worrry they probably will be at a bar.

Jim

Ahoy!

If you see some 'swabbies' on the street you might want to thank them for their service and, quite possibly, buy'em a drink. Just my first thought.

Jim & Bob - did you miss the AKA in there?

Jim & Bob - did you miss the AKA in there?

I saw the AKA but ....... what is a Freedom of the Seas? Is there a cruise ship named that? I thought it was reference to 'liberty' day from the Ronald Reagan. Who knew there is now a ship called Freedom? What next? Locked UP?

I can tell you all the names of HAL ships but couldn't begin to know all the others from every other line. :o :eek:

I saw the AKA but ....... what is a Freedom of the Seas? Is there a cruise ship named that? I thought it was reference to 'liberty' day from the Ronald Reagan. Who knew there is now a ship called Freedom? What next? Locked UP?

Sail, Freedom of the Seas is a Royal Caribbean ship. She and her sister Liberty of the Seas (and soon Independence of the Seas) are currently the largest cruiseships in the world. They hold 3,634 passengers each, double occupancy.

And just so you know there is also a Carnival Freedom and Carnival Liberty. Yes, you can now have fun at companies that all name their ships the same thing.

Sail, Freedom of the Seas is a Royal Caribbean ship. She and her sister Liberty of the Seas (and soon Independence of the Seas) are currently the largest cruiseships in the world. They hold 3,634 passengers each, double occupancy.

And just so you know there is also a Carnival Freedom and Carnival Liberty. Yes, you can now have fun at companies that all name their ships the same thing.

Oh my word.......3,634 passengers!!! :eek: That explains why I had no idea. I must have frozen it out of my brain if I heard how large! I might like to tour it but I will quit cruising before I cruise on that!!

And yeah.......what's this with giving ships from different cruise lines the same names? That's very confusing to me; isn't it to others?

Thanks for the info and very thanks for the photo, John. To MY eyes, that is one ugly BOAT.

JMHO...... :(

Archived