Waffles

nycruises

I had waffles made to order in the dining room on one of our RCI cruises but I am not sure that they are regularly available. They were a special feature and not on the printed breakfast menu. In the Windjammer they are made in advance and placed on the buffet along with pancakes and french toast and are nowhere as delicious as those made fresh. IMO they taste no better than the frozen ones that you pop into the toaster at home.:(

One area where my Celebrity cruise on Constellation exceeded my dining experiences on RCI was the waffle station in the aft section of the Seaside Cafe (buffet restaurant). They are made before your eyes and are available with warm syrup and melted butter or with fruit and whipped cream. :) By the third or fourth day of the cruise it seemed that everyone had found this station and the lines were frequently very long.:(:rolleyes:

I had waffles made to order in the dining room on one of our RCI cruises but I am not sure that they are regularly available. They were a special feature and not on the printed breakfast menu. In the Windjammer they are made in advance and placed on the buffet along with pancakes and french toast and are nowhere as delicious as those made fresh. IMO they taste no better than the frozen ones that you pop into the toaster at home.:(

One area where my Celebrity cruise on Constellation exceeded my dining experiences on RCI was the waffle station in the aft section of the Seaside Cafe (buffet restaurant). They are made before your eyes and are available with warm syrup and melted butter or with fruit and whipped cream. :) By the third or fourth day of the cruise it seemed that everyone had found this station and the lines were frequently very long.:(:rolleyes:

Now you went and made me hungry. Boy those waffles sound good!!

How much is the surcharge for a waffle or omlette??????

Omelets are already available sans surcharge, but if there were one for waffles, I'd seriously consider paying it.:D

I definitely intend to suggest that a waffle station be added in the Windjammer, when we submit our comment cards at the end of our future cruises. Maybe we can start a movement on these boards and see just how much influence, CCers have with Royal Caribbean.:)

Archived