Experiences on sending gifts

vivig

HI There,

I am sure that someone has had previous experience of sending a sailign away gesture to a family member or friend on RCCL.

How was the experience? Did they actually receive what you ordered from the gifts and gear site? And I better to call it in or to fax the info in...any suggestions / thoughts/ experiences would be VERY helpful!

Thanks in advance,

Vivian

BTW they are sailing from San Juan

Sometimes they arrive.............

and sometimes they don't.

My advice: don't let it be a surprise. Let your recipient know that you are sending them a gift. Then if it isn't there, they can make inquiries at the Purser's Desk. By the time they get home again, and you ask how they enjoyed the ____________, it's too late to fix it.

:)

My first order was for a friend and her boyfriend, and I did it on the phone - it was waiting in the cabin.

My next 3 orders were all for our recent cruise on the MOS. I made 3 separate orders because we were celebrating a couple of things and wanted things timed differently. Everything was perfect. Those orders I placed on the internet. One of them was for the grand romance package, which involves various gifts that arrive throughout the cruise, and they all were done correctly.

The only negative thing I have to say is that the special ocassion cakes are pretty bad. I ordered the birthday cake to the dinner table, and it was basically a brick covered in sugar. I know they used to do "free" cakes that were pretty bad, and then started charging for them - I figured the fee would mean an upgrade in quality. Sadly, no.

The chocolate covered strawberries and canapes that were part of the grand romance package were quite delicious though.

My TA sent a bottle of wine and RCL never delivered it, not sure what went wrong. TA kept blaming RCL for losing the order. Who knows. Someone else said they never got wine delivered I had talked to on the same cruise.

Believe your TA. We always send a gift to clients and half the time they never are received. Now I don't try and surprise them anymore, I let them know right before sailing what we sent and tell themto contact the pursers desk if it isn't there.

I've had two clients who e-mailed me from the ship to tell me their gift didn't arrive and I called RCCL both times and after my calls, the items were delivered.

I've had something ordered for my stateroom and all was there everytime. most of the time I have ordered on-line If I needed to change something or add another gift I would e-mail and it was always done. When I would it did get a bit dicey, so I only order on-line it is the best I would Highly recommend it

To the person who posted about the outside service they used to make a delivery to the ship - I think RCI has stopped allowing other companies to make such deliveries. I believe you have to use their services.

I believe they've stopped only for the Alcoholic products (Vodka, Rum Etc.) flowers and other stuff could still be delivered, but I imagine the booze was the biggest sale items:rolleyes: and the vendors lost a GREAT deal of business because of it

Archived