So what will Genesis One & Two be named?

Yes, and the last Vision Class Ship was named " Vision of the Seas". . . not the first.

Radio

That is because they didn't seperate them by classes when those ships were built. It wasn't until all the ships in that class were built that they started the class naming.

Well, RCCL doesn't always give the first ship in the class the same name as the class itself. Voyager class is actually the Eagle class. The Freedom class is actually the Ultra-Voyager class. The Vision class is named after the LAST ship to be made in the class not the first.

So you're just as likely to see Beginning of the Seas and End of the Seas.

Now they do tend to repeat names other lines have used so how about Dawn of the Seas and Crown of the Seas. Since Dawn is actually a synonym for genesis it might be a good choice (although it would be extremely confusing with all the other Dawn's out there).

Well, with the eception for the Vision Class each class carries the name of the very first ship in that category.

Sovereign of the Seas (1988) was the first Sovereign Class ship built. Radiance was the first Radiance Class ship build, Voyager was the first Voyager Class ship build and Freedom was the first Freedom Class ship built.

Eagle was the project name of the Voyager Class and I assume Ultra Voyager may have been the project name of the Freedom Class (though I never heard of ultra voyager).

Nautica of the Seas

B/c it is going to be the biggest thing floating, but will incorporate everything hat RCCL has designed over the past 30 + years.

I think it will have something to do with the Ocean.

Also, since Empress and Sovereign of the Seas are leaving the fleet, could they re-inaugurate the names with a larger ship like Genesis??

So Empress of the Seas would be Genesis 1

And Sovereign of the Seas would be Genesis 2

Here's an idea. They can keep going with slowly eliminating some of the tradition cruising features that many people remember so fondly, but . . . each new ship will feature one of those things that has been eliminated from the rest of the fleet, and the ship will be named accordingly:

Lobster of the Seas

Filet Mignon of the Seas

Formal Night of the Seas

Harmony of the Seas

Tranquility of the Seas

Serenity of the Seas is too close to Serenade.............

Elegance of the Seas

Now those I really like Carol :D

I have been trying to think of something Norwegian..and I am afraid all I could think of was....Troll of the Seas :D

Archived