So what will Genesis One & Two be named?

OK, first things first.....

To repeat what has been said before... it is NOT the Genesis Class... it is "Project Genesis". Genesis is not likely to feature in teh naming of the ship. There are biblical meanings to Genesis, of course... but is no one out there a Trekkie? This is taken from Wikipedia (I am not a trekkie)

START QUOTE

In the fictional Star Trek universe, Project Genesis was a process of rapidly terraforming worlds to make them suitable for settlement and food production. The idea of Project Genesis was first introduced in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. It was described as "life from lifelessness," and as Spock noted, it was perfectly named after the first book of the Bible. To put it in the words of Dr. McCoy, "According to myth, the Earth was created in 6 days. Now, watch out. Here comes Genesis. We'll do it for you in 6 minutes.", implying that an instant terraformation device like Project Genesis can bring dead planets and other dead environments back to life, suitable for humans and other creatures."

END QUOTE

And, as was already said, Voyager Class was "Project Eagle" and only became the "Voyager Class" after the Voyager and Explorer names had been announced. The fifth Voyager Class was supposed to be called the Journey of the Seas (RCI Registered the name) but it was changed to Mariner at the last minute.

Indeed, "Freedom Class" was known as the "Ultra Voyager" for a long time. Again, Endeavor of the Seas was also registered and RCI even had the webpage www.endeavoroftheseas.com reserved (There was an RCI holding page there) This website page has now expired. Note the US spelling of endeavor versus the UK spelling of Splendour....

Radiance Class was known as "Project Vantage" - something oft forgotten.

Soverign Class has only been referred to as that for the last couple of years, they were previously known as "Mega Class".

I don't want to summise at what the ships will be called. I can imagine that there will be NO reference to size.

Geez, get off your high horse. This entire thread is speculation and intended for fun. Take your attitude to another thread like the fuel surcharge thread.

According to my info, RCCL is going to use Project Genesis as an opportunity to make a clean break from their "..of the Seas" naming patterns, which are becoming cumbersome.

Starting with the Project Genesis ships, the new naming convention will be a throwback to their roots...all new ships will begin with "Royal".

My source tells me that the first Genesis ship is intended to be named the "Royal Crown". However, there are concerns over copyright infringement with a soft-drink manufacturer, especially since RCCL features CocaCola products exclusively onboard.

Going down that route then...

"Royal Prince"

"Royal Duchess"

"Royal Princess"

" Royal Troll" ...sorry still thinking Norwegian :o

Hey, would that be in honor a certain former poster on these boards ;) :p :D

Oh gawd I nearly choked on my sandwich....honestly now you know I would never have thought like that ;)

How about -

"Royal Planet"...thinking..something we thought we would never see or visit..something out of this world...you get the picture.

Hey FL_Cruiser64..your welcome...we need a bittie of fun recently :D

I posted those names which were carried to me in September. I met a couple people aboard the Enchantment which were "close" to the action (one related to RCI marketing and one close to project planing). I leave the titles off.

I am tossing with them e-mails once in a while to get some ideas about repos etc. Eventhough things may change.

They told me a little bit about the history of the name calling. A Voyager is usually an explorer who explores new things. The Voyager Class had many new things to offer for people to explore on a cruise ship. Since the origin of the word "voyager" is french and was used for traders and explorers traveling by canoe you can see why the name Voyager Class was chosen. Freedom Class initial had the function of "have the freedom to do what you want to do on a cruise ship". All three names (Freedom, Liberty, Independence) have essentially the same meaning.

With the new ships coming Royal Caribbean is opening the doors for new age on the seas: a birth (Genesis). Coming from the Greek the word Genesis has the meaning of "birth" or origin. Initially thoughts were that Genesis were only project names but the thought to name a new class like that was more and more attractive.

Here is a line from Wikipedia:

and

That's how they explained to me the possible naming. The only draw back they told me would be that those two names might be to religious in nature. I told them that I am a non-religious person and I wouldn't be offended. On the other hand eventhough the naming of the Freedom Class was under different intentions technically you could use "Freedom, Independence and Liberty" as an american thingy and you could piss those off who don't like the USA or its current policies.

Unfortunately, as the naming gets closer, they are now under order of silence (since early November) and they hold themselves to that. We still chat about repositionings and stuff but the naming of the the new class is off the table and I respect that.

Geez, get off your high horse. This entire thread is speculation and intended for fun. Take your attitude to another thread like the fuel surcharge thread.

Since when have facts been attitude? I was simply bringing the facts to the table.

So sorry... I think it should be called the "Big giggly wiggly of the Seas" Is that light hearted enough?

Ok as she will be a very large ship...how about a very large name-

"Royal Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" :D

As taken from Wikipedia- "Roots of the word have been defined as follows: super- "above," cali- "beauty," fragilistic- "delicate," expeali- "to atone," and docious- "educable," with the sum of these parts signifying roughly "Atoning for educatability through delicate beauty."

As taken from Wikipedia- "Roots of the word have been defined as follows: super- "above," cali- "beauty," fragilistic- "delicate," expeali- "to atone," and docious- "educable," with the sum of these parts signifying roughly "Atoning for educatability through delicate beauty."

Disney Cruise Lines probaly has that one copyrighted already. ;) :D

That sound like that At&T commercial....:D

I do hope they don't start all the names with "Royal" I just fear it will sound pretentious and not akin to what their brand currently seems to be promoting.

Gosh after their survey, and their need to know if I felt "energy" by a, b or c, maybe Energy of the Seas - or more appropriately Energy Hog of the Seas :)

Vulture of the Seas

Mistress of the Seas

Island of the Seas

World of the Seas

Pariah of the Seas :)

According to my info, RCCL is going to use Project Genesis as an opportunity to make a clean break from their "..of the Seas" naming patterns, which are becoming cumbersome.

Starting with the Project Genesis ships, the new naming convention will be a throwback to their roots...all new ships will begin with "Royal".

My source tells me that the first Genesis ship is intended to be named the "Royal Crown". However, there are concerns over copyright infringement with a soft-drink manufacturer, especially since RCCL features CocaCola products exclusively onboard.

That's very interesting. I like the idea of no longer using "-of the Seas", but I'm not sure if I like "Royal" everything.

It *does* open up a new avenue of speculation (and fun, FL!) for THIS thread!!!!!

Let me say, I do NOT want RC to start "imitating" other cruiselines.

- Carny has triumph and conquest - don't go there.

- NCL has jewels/gems - don't go there.

- you can't do Prince or Princess, I THINK, because of the cruiseline (JMO, YMMV)

How about:

Renaissance (that cruiseline is dead anyway) (and it does go along with the *theme* of genesis, or birth)

Charisma

That being said, I *do* like:

Royal Flourish

Royal Illusion

Royal Thunder

Royal Magnificence

How about Dominatrix of the Seas? ;)

Gosh after their survey, and their need to know if I felt "energy" by a, b or c, maybe Energy of the Seas - or more appropriately Energy Hog of the Seas :)

Good point. Perhaps they'll go with "Vitality of the Seas". How many names can we come up with to match w/ the Vitality program?

Energy

Vitality

Verve

Virility

Exhuberance

utopia of the seas

experiment of the seas

marvel of the seas

impression of the seas

cosmopolitan of the seas

Passion of the seas

Rapture of the seas

Laura of the seas (they should name it after me)- jk i feel like we are trying to help name a baby or a pet!

i really hope the first one is Genesis of the Seas...i like that name.

i like to pick ships by their name sometimes...i also think its important to be able to shorten it and it still sounds good...like "i'm going on the Mariner or the Explorer"

I actually like the OTS names, and feel they should stay with it. But if the new moniker will be Royal Whatever, how about

Royal Jelly

Royal Highness (Cunard would be pissed!)

Royal Pain in the A@@

And since they decided a few years ago to change the Nordic Empress to Empress of the Seas, does that mean they will change all of their ships to go along with the Royal theme? Royal Serenade, Royal Voyager, Royal Independence? See how confusing? :eek:

And will their new theme song be "Royal, royal, royal your boat, gently down the stream?"

We are having way too much fun with this. Actually, I like the Endeavor OTS name. Will they also feature an International Space Station of the Seas?

In the Florida area I have heard talk that RCI will be selling the naming right of it news ships almost like stadiums, but keep the "of the Seas" part.

Anhieser-Busch may get one and name it Busch of the Seas.

It has also been talked about Wal-Mart getting the naming right to Walton of the Seas, after founder Sam Walton.

As long as it does not get as bad as stadium naming right I am ok with this.

UGH, that sounds like it should be a Princess ship. They can't think of anything more creative?

In the Florida area I have heard talk that RCI will be selling the naming right of it news ships almost like stadiums, but keep the "of the Seas" part.

Anhieser-Busch may get one and name it Busch of the Seas.

It has also been talked about Wal-Mart getting the naming right to Walton of the Seas, after founder Sam Walton.

As long as it does not get as bad as stadium naming right I am ok with this.

Gosh Darn "Walton Of the Seas" YUCk.!!!!........what comes after that

John Boy

Jim Bob

MaryEllen....etc etc

The fact I even know their names is creepy!!!!!!

Archived