Aft cabin selection-Liberty of Seas

swiss

This is a great thread! DH & I booked an aft JS (1406) on Liberty - my only hesitation is the noise from the cafe above. Those who have stayed in these suites, could you let me know what the noise level was like? Scraping chairs, heavy walking?

Thanks!!

We had no noise issues from 1700, so I would not expect it to be any different in 1406. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Hust wanted to say a huge thank you for everything you've posted on here regards to cabin 1400 on Indepence.

I've booked for next Oct (2011) as a surprise gift for husband and had originally got 8410 booked. Managed to switch today after reading all your posts.

Cheers :):)

Bonnie- would you pick 1402 over 7708? Is 1402 balcony covered partially or totally. Is 1404 is as good as 1402?

Having been on both 1400/1700 & 7688 & 7708 I always recommend the 7th deck corner afts. (7708 and 7408) The large window opening to the side allows for a huge vista of view plus the balcony is larger than the corner afts on deck 10, and not to mention the wonder air flow because of the round window. However, the cabin is larger in 1400 and 1700. Since I proportionally spend more time awke on the balcony than in the room, the larger room does not do anything for me.

We'll again be in 7708 on Liberty in July.

• 2 weeks later...
All the cabins in question are D1's, but 1400/1700 are about the size of Junior Suites and feel much roomier than 1402/1702. 1402/1702 are normal cagegory D sizes. The balconies of all these cabins are about the same square footage (very big) but 1402/1702's balconies are big squares and 1400/1700's are pie-shaped and have a structural beam that crosses through the balcony (we had no problem with this, we just walked around it). We have had six adults sitting comfortably on the balcony of 1700 (same as 1400). Here is a link to my photos of 1700 from Freedom...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560549732pctdCj

Hi Bonnie

I've booked cabin 1400 on Indy for Oct 2011, any chance you could email me the photos on the above link? I cannot access webshots for some reason :-(

Thanks, and happy sailing x :)

Hi Bonnie

I've booked cabin 1400 on Indy for Oct 2011, any chance you could email me the photos on the above link? I cannot access webshots for some reason :-(

Thanks, and happy sailing x :)

And I just booked 1700 (again) on Liberty for a Western Mediterranean cruise next Spring! Here are the photos from 1700 on Freedom (1400 will be the mirror image)...

2612209450036355651JSOyHb_ph.jpg.72170c2efa3124c777faec64e3bc2dba.jpg

2780765640036355651zVRZZs_ph.jpg.258b3609d86cd31e165ea0dc684b2b92.jpg

2712149030036355651McqoQa_ph.jpg.d823ed7ef7a519c69b6a7b7c6f4a4f17.jpg

2313463810036355651sdigur_ph.jpg.b18116a89180d6f2f8abb6de48bfec07.jpg

2816765530036355651xJZGUC_ph.jpg.674f5efb609cb8d3180f5d6a6c969e35.jpg

Hi Bonnie Voyager ... I'm glad to see that you're still posting.

My wife and I just booked on the Freedom OTS, their November 6 2011 sailing out of Port Canaveral. WE were lucky enough to get cabin 1706, an Aft JS cabin.

To say that we're thrilled would be an understatement ... and the price wasn't too bad either.

Michael

My family and I are booked on the Liberty the Last of July. Anyone have photos/images of Cabin 8714 they wish to share? We are all in a Royal Family Suite.....this could get interesting:)!

This is a great thread! DH & I booked an aft JS (1406) on Liberty - my only hesitation is the noise from the cafe above. Those who have stayed in these suites, could you let me know what the noise level was like? Scraping chairs, heavy walking?

Thanks!!

Ivory, hoping you are still checking this thread, I posted pics (on page 3) of JS 1406 from Indy. We had no noise issues at all from the Windjammer above. No walking. No chairs. Nothing like that. The only thing we noticed was some slight vibrations. But no noise from above. :D

Have a great cruise!

That cabin made us AFT lovers!

• 2 weeks later...
thanks to the great info on Liberty aft cabins here, I just scored aft 7708 on the Liberty for June 27 sailing! should be a great birthday gift for DH and can't wait!

Wow, you really got lucky being able to score that balcony this close. I just scheduled 7708 on the Freedom for September 2011. The only reason I scheduled that far out was so I could get that cabin.

Wow..the balcony looks sweet...

I am just looking to save a couple of bucks and have a decent view to go with it so.......

This cabin has a pullman..correct? How well do you think the cabin would handle 3 people? For reference sake, the third person would be my 15 y/o DS.

Thanks in advance!

Wow..the balcony looks sweet...

I am just looking to save a couple of bucks and have a decent view to go with it so.......

This cabin has a pullman..correct? How well do you think the cabin would handle 3 people? For reference sake, the third person would be my 15 y/o DS.

Thanks in advance!

The answer to your question will vary from person to person. I have visited friends in the cabin (never sailed in the cabin myself though), and for me I find it a bit too tight for hubby (6'4"), myself, and our 15-year-old son (6') to be comfortable. But....with that being said...our friends who we visited IN the cabin were also travelling with a teenager (but a girl...which may actually be HARDER to do in a tight space ;) I have a daughter too and I know girls "need" space) but, our friends seemed to be quite comfortable with the 7708 cabin/balcony. What you lose in cabin space you will more than make up for on that balcony! And the key factor here is that you are looking to get the best bang for your buck....I definitely think the deck 7 aft/corner cabins fit that bill! :D But, also check on the deck 10 aft cabins, because sometimes they are only a couple hundred dollars more, and for that amount...they are REALLY a lot of bang for the buck! ;) Good luck deciding!

Bonnie,

Thanks for that quick reply. I just found some pics of yours (yeah, I'm slow..hahaha) about the deck 10 D1's, 1400/1700. I know pics don't do the area justice..so, how is the deck space? It looked kinda pie shaped...and the structure looked to cover part of the deck, which neither would be a problem....and the cabin looked a little bit roomier.....could be a big plus!!

Edited by Waterdog43
content

Bonnie,

Thanks for that quick reply. I just found some pics of yours (yeah, I'm slow..hahaha) about the deck 10 D1's, 1400/1700. I know pics don't do the area justice..so, how is the deck space? It looked kinda pie shaped...and the structure looked to cover part of the deck, which neither would be a problem....and the cabin looked a little bit roomier.....could be a big plus!!

Well, I LOVE deck 10 aft/corner on Voyager-class and Freedom-class. For ME they give the best bang for the buck. The cabin is huge (think Junior Suite minus the walk-in closet or bathtub). The balcony of the deck 10 aft/corner cabins is also very large but is part sun/part shade (we prefer shade, so it is great for us). It does have an enclosed, protected area which is great if you have any bad weather. The balcony is not pie-shaped but is more like a "parallelagram"...

para1.gif

Bonnie,

Thanks for that bit of info. I value your expertise and......

I just checked a few minutes ago for my sailing and....

It wasn't that much more than what I originally booked so......

I changed to the corner D1 aft cabin.

THANK YOU!!!!:D:D:D:D

Bonnie,

Thanks for that bit of info. I value your expertise and......

I just checked a few minutes ago for my sailing and....

It wasn't that much more than what I originally booked so......

I changed to the corner D1 aft cabin.

THANK YOU!!!!:D:D:D:D

Excellent! I hope you enjoy it! :D

2673489510072313685gVGWBf_ph.jpg.f0cf6d024e64030235913caace4a2add.jpg

100_8654.jpg.dbf82642f5b51e985453e1973e27c35a.jpg

2406225200081467053KVyJhh_ph.jpg.f30f642243715b4977a1cc2e5e7a4088.jpg

2926887080072313685fAjOVc_ph.jpg.094ed7e07c12e405cd9977cc66961d10.jpg

Edited by Bonnie Voyager

We recently cruise on LOS and had JS 7414. Our friends were in 6710, which is directly below 7708 and they enjoyed it very much. We loved our location and we were directly above the Presidential suite. I think it's a great location and you would be fine there. I think that either 7708 or the 9404/9406 would be fine for you.

We have JS 7414 booked for 10-10 on Liberty. Was there sun area on the balcony or was it a totally covered balcony? Was it stuffy or was there a breeze? I love the idea of the larger balcony but have been reading some bad reviews of the 'superstructure' on deck 7 aft balconys.

Do you have any pictures? Was there much soot on your balcony? Was the stateroom itself nice, quiet, etc????

• 1 month later...

Hi there! I just booked Freedom for the January 16th sailing and will be in my first balcony! I've read ALL of the postings on cruise critic about the aft balconies (good, bad, etc.) and figured I'd ask if anyone has stayed in 7710 (or 7410). It is the only aft balcony left, but it obviously isn't the prized 7708/7408 corner! Do you recommend staying in this room or switching to a midship balcony? At this point there are few options left, so the "hump" balconies are not an option either. Thanks in advance for your help!! :) It's been a while since my last cruise, so I'm excited to be following the boards again.

Loved 7408 and 7708.

Yeh, unfortunately those two rooms are not available, so 7710 is the only option other than regular mid-ship balcony rooms... :-( So I'm trying to figure out if 7710 is good or if we should switch.