Aft cabin selection-Liberty of Seas

swiss

I have 1400 booked on Liberty for March 2010. There is just me and Hubby in our room. I enjoy a big balcony over cabin size. Like to have others over for coctails on the balcony. Should I switch to 1402? Is 1402 a D1 or a JS? Does 1402 have a bigger balcony? How much smaller is the room in 1402 compared to 1400?

HI there, We also have booked 1400 in March of 2010! We will be on the March 28th sailing!

Hello neighbor, we are in 1700 on the March 28th sailing. :)

WOW!!!!! Nice to meet you! We are from Michigan, Mt. Pleasant to be exact! Party on 10th Deck!!!! I am really excited this is our first balacony. We are a party of 4.......DH, Son, nephew and myself! I have a few "suprises" planned, 1st our nephew has never cruised before and we have not told him (luke) and our son (zack) yet. Zack knows he's going but has no clue about Luke!!!! 2nd I upgraded to the 1400 room after reading a cruise review on this CC site!!!!!! I am really excited to find someone so close who we might bump into!!!! Are you registered for the M & M???? There is a roll call started and there are only a hand full of people listed so far! I am just thrilled we will actully "know" someone! Hey one night party on our balacony! Oh Sorry, my name is Shanna.

This is DH and I's 3rd cruise all with RCI, son's 2nd, and Luke's 1st! I am sure by reading the reviews this ship is AWESOME! DH and I started out our cruising with Enchantment in the CAVE cabin, then went to Ocean View now to a balacony----maybe presidential Suite next???? HA HA!

Again, Pleasure to meet you! Please email if you would like:

jeffdelongfamily@yahoo.com

We look forword to having drinks on the cruise!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

I got sold on aft balconies on my very first cruise when I completely lucked into corner 7388 on AOS. Talk about spoiled right out of the gate!!

Anyway, DH & I are booked into another corner aft on Serenade for January 2010. I'm also planning a cruise to help my best friend all the way since 2nd grade (!) celebrate her 50th birthday in Nov. 2010. Currently we're booked on Carnival but I've always felt that Royal Caribbean would be a better choice for us - cost was the issue until now.... I see a cruise in the right time frame that is less pricy than the Carnival one, with a similar itinerary (the one stop that is different is the least important one to both of us). The following aft balconies are available in E1 and E2, both of which are less expensive than the cruise we're currently booked on. Help us decide. We want a LARGE balcony with some shade, and place where it's quiet and we can watch the sea (I know any balcony can cover the second part, so the primary concern is the first issue - shade). The cabin is basically a place to sleep and shower and change. We won't be in there a whole lot.

Liberty of the Seas:

E1 9406, 9706

E2 8710, 8410, 9704, 9404.

Of course I'd love the 7th deck corner like I had on AOS, but that isn't available right now (believe me, I'll keep watching). In the meantime which is the best choice for a large balcony with some shade?

Thanks in advance.

Ok all, here's my thoughts.

We have 1404 right now but am thinking of 7708. Those who have sailed those rooms - what is your opinion? There are 3 of us.

Thanks. Mary

This is just my opinion, but I find 7708 to be rather small for 3 persons. Also, the pullman bed is right over the head of the regular beds and I'm not crazy about that configuration. I'd definitely stick with the D1 (1404) where you will have a much roomier feeling cabin and the 3rd passenger will have a full sofa bed versus that tiny pulldown bed.

Question for anyone who has had 1400 on Liberty of the Seas, is it at as noisey as I would think having the Windjammer directly above on deck 11?

I've sailed in the opposite aft/corner cabin many times and have NEVER had any noise problems from The Windjammer. The Windjammer is carpeted which muffles the sound I guess and also it is not open late at night, so there was no one in there during critical sleeping hours. ;)

Liberty of the Seas:

E1 9406, 9706

E2 8710, 8410, 9704, 9404.

Of course I'd love the 7th deck corner like I had on AOS, but that isn't available right now (believe me, I'll keep watching). In the meantime which is the best choice for a large balcony with some shade?

Thanks in advance.

I can tell you right off the bat that 8710, 8410, 9404 and 9704 are mostly sunny, so I'd avoid those four cabins. Your best bet would be 9406 or 9706. Either of those cabins will give you EXACTLY what you are looking for! Part sun, part shade and a nice HUGE balcony! :D

Thank you Bonnie. I grabbed 9406. From the pictures I've seen of 9406 on IOS, I think we'll like it. Of course I'll keep my eyes open in case either of the corner afts on deck 7 become available!

I think you will be pleased with your selection! You will find that your cabin is brighter than it was on deck 7 too, but you will still have some shade on your balcony. Enjoy! :D

I've sailed in the opposite aft/corner cabin many times and have NEVER had any noise problems from The Windjammer. The Windjammer is carpeted which muffles the sound I guess and also it is not open late at night, so there was no one in there during critical sleeping hours. ;)

I am very happy to hear this as we are trying our first aft in January 2010. We have 1400. I would like to know one more thing. Did you find soot to be a problem on this balcony cabin? Just want to prepare my DH as I had to talk him into trying the aft. He was afraid of the soot probelm.

I am very happy to hear this as we are trying our first aft in January 2010. We have 1400. I would like to know one more thing. Did you find soot to be a problem on this balcony cabin? Just want to prepare my DH as I had to talk him into trying the aft. He was afraid of the soot probelm.

I've never had a soot problem on ANY aft balcony I've sailed in. This is not to say that a random piece of soot has not fallen somewhere on the balcony at one time or another, but nothing that I would classify as a problem. Just be aware and if you do happen to see a piece, wipe it off if it is somewhere that could cause you a problem. The only time I remember actually needing to wipe off soot was a speck on the railing, right where I was about to lean. A quick swipe with a tissue and the problem was gone. ;) I don't think people would be scrambling to book these aft cabins almost 2 years in advance if there was really a soot problem back there. I think most of the negative experiences you read about are probably the exception, not the rule. Although, for those who DID have problems, it is unfortunate, but it would not deter me from booking my favorite aft/corner cabin as I know for a fact that the complaints of soot are few and far between! :D

I've never had a soot problem on ANY aft balcony I've sailed in. This is not to say that a random piece of soot has not fallen somewhere on the balcony at one time or another, but nothing that I would classify as a problem. Just be aware and if you do happen to see a piece, wipe it off if it is somewhere that could cause you a problem. The only time I remember actually needing to wipe off soot was a speck on the railing, right where I was about to lean. A quick swipe with a tissue and the problem was gone. ;) I don't think people would be scrambling to book these aft cabins almost 2 years in advance if there was really a soot problem back there. I think most of the negative experiences you read about are probably the exception, not the rule. Although, for those who DID have problems, it is unfortunate, but it would not deter me from booking my favorite aft/corner cabin as I know for a fact that the complaints of soot are few and far between! :D

Hey! I havent seen you in a while! Hope everything is good! :D

What would you like to know? 1400/1700 are my favorite cabins (and their counterparts 1388/1688 on Voyager-class ships). Here is a link to my photos of 1700 on Freedom, which is identical but mirror image of 1400...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560549732pctdCj

Thank you for the pics! This is a suprise upgrade! DH and son havent a clue --- I hope to keep it a secret until we board! I still have the nephew's going a secret too!

Please give us any tips or suggestions as this is only our 3rd cruise!

About the balacony, with it's position, it does get both sun and shade right?

We were pleased to get this room tip from a young lady who just might be going on this same cruise! We have now become friends and I have assured her she can use our balacony and share the days events with us! LOL!

thank you, that is a big relief. And I am sure DH will be equally if not more relieved than I am.

Thank you for the pics! This is a suprise upgrade! DH and son havent a clue --- I hope to keep it a secret until we board! I still have the nephew's going a secret too!

Please give us any tips or suggestions as this is only our 3rd cruise!

About the balacony, with it's position, it does get both sun and shade right?

We were pleased to get this room tip from a young lady who just might be going on this same cruise! We have now become friends and I have assured her she can use our balacony and share the days events with us! LOL!

Sun AND shade :D The best of both worlds! The real prize with 1400/1700 is the cabin though! It feels as large as a Junior Suite, but without the JS price tag! Even with the sofabed in the open position, you still have plenty of room to move around in the cabin!