Aft cabin selection-Liberty of Seas

swiss

We had 7408 (same as 7708 opposite side) and love it. It is the largest of the aft balconies, aside from the presidential suite. Unless I had more than two people, I would choose that over 1402. But I would never have more than two people in any cabin. The balcony in that cabin is amazing. You can see our pics here.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/554911413BnABIz

Another advantage of 7408/7708 is the giant porthole which also gives you a side view and some cross ventilation.

Just got off the Indy and had cabin 1700. It is as terrific as everyone says it is. We had 2-3 days of wind and rain at the start of our cruise and the sheltered area made it possible for me to be outside and listen to the ocean in spite of the adverse weather conditions. I'm waiting for the new bookings to come out so I can book it for 2011.

Totally agree with Bonnie that 1400 and 1700 are the best! Size of a junior suite, furniture of a junior suite, huge balcony that with the small wraparound of the structure wall provides total protection when it rains (which has happened some evenings we've been sitting out drinking lots of wine on the balcony)....for the same price as a regular D1. Being a fellow aft hog, I think these are the two best cabins for the price and aft amenities you can get on any Freedom class ship! Plus that pole at the end of the bed just provides entertainment after too many cold ones in the Schooner Bar! <wink>

Y'all enjoy!

We had 7408 (same as 7708 opposite side) and love it. It is the largest of the aft balconies, aside from the presidential suite. Unless I had more than two people, I would choose that over 1402. But I would never have more than two people in any cabin. The balcony in that cabin is amazing. You can see our pics here.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/554911413BnABIz

Love your balcony pics FitzLA... I see I'm not the only one who considered the built-in shelves in the corner of the balcony to be a perfect place to rest a drink!

Thanks Bonnie for all of your pictures and advice - you have created another AFT LOVER! You better stop or it will be even harder to get them...lol.

I took as many pictures as I could for you...I'll have to divide it into two posts. No, I didn't hear a thing from my neighbors or from the Windjammer above.

AFT JS - 1406

INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS

337.jpg

338.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

We're booked in 1404 - do you think it will be real shady??

Unless I am missing something, it shouldn't be any more shady than mine was. I had 1406 and yours would be right next door. ;) There wasn't anything extra hanging over that balcony. We did have some sun on it during the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Bonnie,

Or anyone can jump right on in. We have 1400 booked on the Freedom of The Seas. I've looked at all the pictures but can't figure this one out. My DD (9) is sailing with us and it doesn't look like there is any privacy at all in the cabin-no curtain separating her pull out from our bed. Also where is the TV situated? She like to relax/nap in the afternoon but it doesn't look like the TV faces any furnture. Any help is appreciated.

Susanne

Bonnie,

Or anyone can jump right on in. We have 1400 booked on the Freedom of The Seas. I've looked at all the pictures but can't figure this one out. My DD (9) is sailing with us and it doesn't look like there is any privacy at all in the cabin-no curtain separating her pull out from our bed. Also where is the TV situated? She like to relax/nap in the afternoon but it doesn't look like the TV faces any furnture. Any help is appreciated.

Susanne

There is no privacy curtain between the sofabed and other bed in 1400/1700. The TV is opposite the main beds (on the vanity) but CAN be turned to face the sofabed if need be (but if it is facing the sofabed, you can't view it from the other beds at the same time).

I currently have a center hump cabin on deck 7 on the LOS, but looking at this thread makes me want to move aft! A few questions. Which aft cabins get the best sun. I like sun on my balcony, more than shade. Also, is it "rougher" being on the back of the ship? Do you feel the engines (or whatever) back there? I have heard that you feel the motion of the ship more. True? Thank you!

I can't speak for LOS specifically - but I've sailed aft 3 times on other ships...Yes I think you do feel the ship more. I felt it sway more and occasionally felt more vibration from the engines. Neither bothered me.

I was on Deck 10 aft/corner on Explorer and depending on the time of day - there was sun. I was able to lay out and get some sun. I think there is more of a breeze on the side afts than those in the middle. And the best part was on the rainy days - we were able to sit outside and not get wet.

When we had 1700, we pulled the chair away from its assigned place on the wall by the sofa and put it on the slanted wall - with the balcony sliders - a little ways from the bed. No problem at all either getting around the edge of the bed or out on to the balcony. You could then sit in the comfy chair (or lie on the beds) and watch tv.

When we had 1700, we pulled the chair away from its assigned place on the wall by the sofa and put it on the slanted wall - with the balcony sliders - a little ways from the bed. No problem at all either getting around the edge of the bed or out on to the balcony. You could then sit in the comfy chair (or lie on the beds) and watch tv.

Ditto! We did the same thing and it worked out great. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Ditto! We did the same thing and it worked out great. :D

Bonnie, seems like you have the most experience, but if anyone else has recommendations, please share. we are booked next April (2010) on LOS 1404. We have two teenage daughters, we'll all be in one room. Do you think we'd be better off in 1400 or 1700 as these appear to be slightly larger cabins? or, maybe another cabin/different deck?

Edited by ErikandSueS

I admit we are aft cabin snobs. We have loved Princess and Carnivals aft cabins so much! Looking at the Liberty of the Seas, I am not so sure that I will like the metal obstruction of the back of the ship, which is making me hesitant about booking. The aft cabins that are open are 1702, 7708, 9404, 9402. For you all that have stayed in these cabins, which should I pick.

How is staying in an aft cabin on RCCL compared to Princess and Carnival's aft cabins?

We had 1700 on Freedom. That was the corner aft. The cabin on the inside was better than the balcony. On Voyager class ships we like the corner afts on deck seven. Even though there is structure out there, it does not ruin the view. The large porthole gives you an increased view from out of the side. 1700 has no side view. To me it becomes cavelike. The ones you are referring to must be the middle ones and they should be fine

Bonnie,

Susanne

As I recall, the TV is a flat screen and is mounted on a swivel stand. My son could lay on the sofa bed and watch TV.

Our group had the aft cabins on deck 8 on either side of the family suites. I love the aft suites but not on the Freedom class. The soot is horrible on those balconies and the view is not completley clear. My husband was tracking in one morning as it was wet so we had to lay a towel down on the carpet to wipe your feet on.