Aft cabin selection-Liberty of Seas

swiss

• 5 months later...
I just booked cabin 1400. Does anyone know if I can get a rollaway in that cabin? My kids don't like to sleep together if they don't have to.

You can definitely FIT a rollaway in the cabin with no problem! Whether or not they will have one available, is a different question. ;)

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Would it be possible to request one in advance or would I need to wait and ask my room steward?

Did you book directly with RCCL? or did you use a TA? I would contact whoever you booked with and make your request known. :D

• 6 months later...
Thanks so much for your quick reply. Would it be possible to request one in advance or would I need to wait and ask my room steward?

Rccl has a chart that tells them how many people can be in a room. It also tells if a roll away can be used in a room. This all has to be set at time of booking. I just did a search of aft balconies and didn't see a single one that allowed Rollaways. It is a must to know this info from your booking agent rather TA or RCCL direct. Your RS has no say.

• 9 months later...
We were on the Independence in December - Aft cabin 1702 --- Loved it! As Bonnie already mentioned the cabin is larger and the balcony is wonderful!

Pictures in the link below.

Kathy:)

Thanks for posting the great pictures of cabin 1702.:)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone know if they have changed the policy on the Liberty regarding lounge chairs in the aft cabins? Trying to decide between the aft balcony and aft junior suite. Also, the junior suites on the liberty would have loungers, correct??

Thanks so much,

Leslie

Does anyone know if they have changed the policy on the Liberty regarding lounge chairs in the aft cabins? Trying to decide between the aft balcony and aft junior suite. Also, the junior suites on the liberty would have loungers, correct??

Thanks so much,

Leslie

Hi Leslie,

Check out this thread... I started it askign the same questions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1698141

Turns out - Liberty was the only one with "issues" of not having loungers on the aft D/E cabins. I have hear reports that they ARE on those balconies, and that they are NOT on the balconies. I am talking specifically aft balconies. Maybe post in that thread, and you might have someone from a recent Liberty chime in.

To your other question: yes, JS have loungers - no matter where they are located. We have JS on the hump for our Liberty cruise in a few weeks, and all videos and pics I have seen show that they have loungers.

HOWEVER... you have 7708!! That is the BEST balcony on the ship, in my opinion. I would definately not move from that room. If you go to that other thread, I posted pics. I would roll the dice that loungers will be there - or hope that your steward will get some from you.

Thanks so much,

Leslie

We had 1702 on the Liberty (D1) at Christmas and there were no loungers. Our cabin steward told us that the Captain had instructed that they be removed due to them being a safety hazard:confused:.

Our steward told us that we could get our own from the pool deck and he would not say anything. Couldn't see if any of the JS's had loungers or not.

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much,

Leslie

We had cabin 7708 on the 3/15/14 Liberty sailing and there were no loungers on the balcony. :mad: My husband talked to the concierge and our cabin steward about getting at least 1 lounger for me. After several inquiries and phone calls, we finally got 2 loungers. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
All the cabins in question are D1's, but 1400/1700 are about the size of Junior Suites and feel much roomier than 1402/1702. 1402/1702 are normal cagegory D sizes. The balconies of all these cabins are about the same square footage (very big) but 1402/1702's balconies are big squares and 1400/1700's are pie-shaped and have a structural beam that crosses through the balcony (we had no problem with this, we just walked around it). We have had six adults sitting comfortably on the balcony of 1700 (same as 1400). Here is a link to my photos of 1700 from Freedom...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560549732pctdCj

I was trying to find you pics of cabin 1400, but the link does not take me there. What am I doing wrong?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone stayed in Liberty 7712 (or Freedom or Indy)? Thoughts on room/balcony - view on balcony - how obstructed, etc?

It will be DH, DD (3) - I think in a pack in play, and myself. Although if not a pack and play, what are the bedding choices for her?

Thanks!!

Has anyone stayed in Liberty 7712 (or Freedom or Indy)? Thoughts on room/balcony - view on balcony - how obstructed, etc?

It will be DH, DD (3) - I think in a pack in play, and myself. Although if not a pack and play, what are the bedding choices for her?

Thanks!!

You will have a huge balcony. The stateroom does have a sofa bed in addition to the main bed.

The obstructed view is due to the ship superstructure. You can get an idea from this website here:

http://voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aftbalconies/aftbalconies.html