Aft cabin selection-Liberty of Seas

swiss

Well here in Michigan it feels like it is cruise time......it will be 90 with high humidity today!

Just found the thread Mr. Jailerman was chatting about, GREAT PICS, and I am pretty lucky to have the 1400 room!

I now am getting anxious to tell ZT and his cousin Luke that we are taking Luke! I want to spill the beans about our room too, but, want that to be a suprise though! RRRRR, so hard!

When I posted that answer, I didn't realize that Jailerman's cabin doesn't have the pullman, only the two twin beds. :( So, you will notice that I went back and changed my answer! But, since I now realize that YOU are on the same cruise and have that HUGE cabin, I think it is only fair that you let Mr. Jailerman's son come sleep on a rollaway in YOUR cabin, so Mr. Jailerman can have his BIG bed to himself! ;)

See Mr. Jailerman? I solved your problem! :D

I just knew that the Queen of AFTS would come through in the end..:D Thanks Bonnie.. Shanna ? What time after Adventure ocean should I drop him off ? Midnight ? 1:00am ? :D You tell me ? :D

Edited by mr jailerman

I just knew that the Queen of AFTS would come through in the end..:D Thanks Bonnie.. Shanna ? What time after Adventure ocean should I drop him off ? Midnight ? 1:00am ? :D You tell me ? :D

Well if you are bringing twister, I think all the kids will be at adventure ocean till mignight, then we can get them for nap time! LOL! You are too funny!

Well if you are bringing twister, I think all the kids will be at adventure ocean till mignight, then we can get them for nap time! LOL! You are too funny!

:D Well it's Bed time for this tired old mule..:) Thanks again Bonnie.. Shanna since you beat me to that 1400, Just let me know when I can drop the little tike off ok..:D Have a great day all... Kurt

Oh we have not discussed the child care payment plan!

1st I love a bloody mary after breakfast

2nd I love coconut rum and coke with lunch

3rd I love fu fu drinks till dark

4th I love more coconut and rum at bedtime (helps me sleep)

If we can work that payment plan out, I can find room for an adopted child for the week! Maybe I can claim him on my taxes too??? HE HE HE

Oh get out of here! No Way! Shanna - me and Mr. Jailerman go WAY BACK!!! Why didn't you say he was going on the 3/28 cruise? (LOL - wait knowing him he will be changing his mind 100 to 200 times before then!) I'm still thinking and dreaming, hence my reading Cruise Critic posts over my lunch hour... I haven't talked to him in forever! Found out last year he lives the next town over and works with my cuz at the jail. SMALL WORLD!!!! Bye talk to you soon! Kim

Hi Kurt! We meet again. I'm having severe cruise withdrawal with no "official" cruise plans in the works yet. Going to Cancun / Riviera Maya in 3 weeks and again in November.....But it still doesn't hold a candle to a cruise. Other than the fact that I can go to Mexico 2X for the price of 1 cruise :D But I coaxed Shanna into 1400 and NOW I WANT IT! Give it back Shanna! So Kurt, how have you been these days? Keeping cool? How's the biggest slime bucket in Will Co. doing? You know who I'm talking about!

Oh get out of here! No Way! Shanna - me and Mr. Jailerman go WAY BACK!!! Why didn't you say he was going on the 3/28 cruise? (LOL - wait knowing him he will be changing his mind 100 to 200 times before then!) I'm still thinking and dreaming, hence my reading Cruise Critic posts over my lunch hour... I haven't talked to him in forever! Found out last year he lives the next town over and works with my cuz at the jail. SMALL WORLD!!!! Bye talk to you soon! Kim

How did you like the 1400 AFT on LOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim, This is the guy who i said his "FREIND" was going too and I might have upset her! Dont you remember? Now, things are ok. I think everyone wants to PARTY In our 1400! Kurt is right below us, on 9! In the room I told you to get! See you could have had it, but NO, you waited and Kurt took it again! See what a fun time we will be having?? See you need to be going too! I will let you come over to our party hut!

Shanna, it's me! Kim B! I loved 1400 you goof.

Hi Kimmy Dear..:D How is the old "Strike and Spare" been treating you ? Jail is just jail.. No different with that Dude and he is not NEAR as cocky when the News Cameras are off.. Why not cancel the November Trip and come with us ? We have a $6.00 Bid on a Naked "Twister" game on E-bay and we might just win it at this point ;)!! So you know Shanna ? She seems VERY................ Nice.... Yes, That was the word I was Hunting for..:D I checked Yesterday and cabin #1404 is open for 3 people Kim.. Just have your Hubby and ????? I don't know, Your Mother in law come along and you have got it :D!! Let us know :-) ? Take care young lady.. Kurt

Kim, This is the guy who i said his "FREIND" was going too and I might have upset her! Dont you remember? Now, things are ok. I think everyone wants to PARTY In our 1400! Kurt is right below us, on 9! In the room I told you to get! See you could have had it, but NO, you waited and Kurt took it again! See what a fun time we will be having?? See you need to be going too! I will let you come over to our party hut!

The Corner AFT 9404 is still open for two people..:)

i think i could pull it off if i leave my husband at home and me and my son get a promenade room! nevermind the fact that i've only cruised in corner afts, i'm sure i'll adjust fine! well i'm definitely going to keep my spring break options open and watch those prices!!! my husband doesn't share my appreciation of cruising anyway - he's just my plus one :D

i think i could pull it off if i leave my husband at home and me and my son get a promenade room! nevermind the fact that i've only cruised in corner afts, i'm sure i'll adjust fine! well i'm definitely going to keep my spring break options open and watch those prices!!! my husband doesn't share my appreciation of cruising anyway - he's just my plus one :D

Well Kim, The price of the Oceanviews have went up in the past two weeks to the same price as a E-2 Balcony now :eek:.. So, If you should really be considering this for spring Break you may want to think at least about the deposit to lock in your Promenade room rate.. Last I checked they were $1017.00pp...

We are still looking for great aft pics of 1400 if anyone has them to share!

This post from Santo3, plus attached photos are the best I've seen. They are from Freedom, but the cabins and balconies are identical. Notice the opened sofabed in the first photo!

On our Apr 2008 sailing on Freedom we had #1400 - aft corner balcony cabin on deck 10 (D1) that we absolutely LOVED. Main reasons - larger, wider stateroom and balcony, less noise since end of the hall and back of ship, could listen to the wake all night long. No soot, no noise and no vibrations on our sailiing. We liked it so much we booked #1700 - opposite corner for our sailing next year on Liberty. Here are some pics of the stateroom
.attachment.php?attachmentid=122141&thumb=1&d=1245674904

attachment.php?attachmentid=122143&thumb=1&d=1245674972

attachment.php?attachmentid=122144&thumb=1&d=1245674982

Here is the link to the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=20119994&highlight=1400+liberty#post20119994

Marlee

This post from Santo3, plus attached photos are the best I've seen. They are from Freedom, but the cabins and balconies are identical. Notice the opened sofabed in the first photo!

.attachment.php?attachmentid=122141&thumb=1&d=1245674904

attachment.php?attachmentid=122143&thumb=1&d=1245674972

attachment.php?attachmentid=122144&thumb=1&d=1245674982

Here is the link to the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=20119994&highlight=1400+liberty#post20119994

Marlee

I am sure we will love the 1400! We have looked into less expensive cruises, but, have our hearts set on this room! Our son is one who goes to sleep early and of coarse rises early, so yes are in the room for a while at night so we will be able to enjoy the balacony! Thank you for your pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to book this room or 1700 for September 2010....hopefully my TA will find it as available. The "other" website sea-------.com shows 1400 and 1700 not available for the entire months of Sept or Oct 2010 for the Eastern Caribbean. Could these cabins really be already booked this far out??? Or do some people think that this other website is incorrect? Hard to believe that site has access to RCI's bookings so quickly.....hoping we can snag either 1400 or 1700, but will take either 1402 or 1702 if N/A.....

• 2 months later...
Yes, I personally would choose 1402 over 7708. The reason for this being that we often travel with our teenaged son and 1402 has a much larger cabin than 7708 and the third bed in 1402 is the queen-sized sofa bed versus the drop-down twin bunk over the head of the regular beds in 7708. 7708 has a larger balcony, but 1402's balcony is still HUGE and the view is terrific. 1402 is pretty much completely covered but does have sun at times depending on the direction travelled and time of day.

Bonnie

We love our aft cabins and have this choice on Independence of the Seas. Our choices are E1 8712 or JS 7712 or 7412. We like the sun and the less covered for us the better. Which would be the best choice for us. The cost difference doesn't matter to us. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks-Jim

Bonnie

We love our aft cabins and have this choice on Independence of the Seas. Our choices are E1 8712 or JS 7712 or 7412. We like the sun and the less covered for us the better. Which would be the best choice for us. The cost difference doesn't matter to us. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks-Jim

Quite the quandry here! 8712 is less covered, but the JS cabins are so much larger than the E cabins! How many passengers will be in the cabin? If more than 2, I'd opt for one of the JS cabins, but thats me ;). Have you sailed in a Voyager-class or Freedom-class aft before? Are you aware of the superstructure in the back? The higher you go, the less you notice the superstructure in your view. I don't think any of the deck seven aft balconies get much sun as they are all covered by deck eight (although they do get SOME sun) and I think the deck eight balconies are mostly UNcovered. So, if getting sun is your primary objective, then the small cabin on deck eight (8712) would be the one. Good luck deciding though! :D