Aft cabin selection-Liberty of Seas

swiss

We had cabin 7708 on liberty and it was just perfect the balcony was huge bigger then any we ever had,and we been in 4 diffrent aft cabins this one was the best we ever had,you will have a woderful cruise no matter which one you pick.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked JS 7414 on the Liberty for next March. I was wondering if you had any pictures of it?????

Debbie

We recently cruise on LOS and had JS 7414. Our friends were in 6710, which is directly below 7708 and they enjoyed it very much. We loved our location and we were directly above the Presidential suite. I think it's a great location and you would be fine there. I think that either 7708 or the 9404/9406 would be fine for you.

• 3 months later...
Bonnie- would you pick 1402 over 7708? Is 1402 balcony covered partially or totally. Is 1404 is as good as 1402?

We have been on the Freedom twice and recently did a b2b on the Liberty. Take 1702, we did and felt it was a larger balcony. We are booked on the Independence for a b2b and are going to try 1700 for the first time. DH isn't a sun worshipper, so some shade will be good for him. But we know frist hand 1702 is a great cabin.

• 5 months later...

I had cabin 9404 on Liberty of the Seas in July. Because this cabin is an aft corner the balcony is smaller, uncovered completely and had 2 chairs and 2 loungers on it. It was crowded with all of the seating.

Should also mention that it doesn't have a sliding glass door but rather a single metal door with a window in it. There was also a very large round window. I was able to sit on the bed and look out as well. It was very heavy for me to open as I had put my back out 1 1/2 weeks before the cruise and was having a difficult time walking for the first four day on the cruise. The door is most likely not a problem for others unless you have back problems.

The cabin itself was quite nice.

I was disappointed that the balcony was not at least partly covered for some shade and that it was impossible for the first four days for me to even get out on the balcony (was traveling alone). I was afraid if I got out on the balcony once I got the door open I wouldn't be able to reopen it and be stuck out there. That my story and I am sticking to it. :D

We were on the Independence in December - Aft cabin 1702 --- Loved it! As Bonnie already mentioned the cabin is larger and the balcony is wonderful!

Pictures in the link below.

Kathy:)

Edited by tomko2

I'm in 8412 on LOS in December; I just can't get past having all of that "stuff" back there obstructing the view...think I've decided to change to a balcony on the port side. Thanks to all who've posted pictures; it really helped me to make up my mind. (I think this is one of those "different strokes for different folks" things!) :D

• 4 weeks later...
I switched 1402 to 1400 to get more cabin space, but now see the balcony has a partial wall? Did I make a mistake and give up my view?

This choice is highly subjective! I personally prefer 1400 (or 1700) because I like the bigger cabin, and the balcony is still huge, with a great view. I also LIKE the enclosed area on the side of 1400's/1700's balcony as it is a guaranteed shady area (or dry area if it rains). 1402/1702 have terrific balconies but their cabins are just normal cabins. Either location is a great choice though, in my opinion! :D

I have 1400 booked on Liberty for March 2010. There is just me and Hubby in our room. I enjoy a big balcony over cabin size. Like to have others over for coctails on the balcony. Should I switch to 1402? Is 1402 a D1 or a JS? Does 1402 have a bigger balcony? How much smaller is the room in 1402 compared to 1400?

I have 1400 booked on Liberty for March 2010. There is just me and Hubby in our room. I enjoy a big balcony over cabin size. Like to have others over for coctails on the balcony. Should I switch to 1402? Is 1402 a D1 or a JS? Does 1402 have a bigger balcony? How much smaller is the room in 1402 compared to 1400?

All the cabins in question are D1's, but 1400/1700 are about the size of Junior Suites and feel much roomier than 1402/1702. 1402/1702 are normal cagegory D sizes. The balconies of all these cabins are about the same square footage (very big) but 1402/1702's balconies are big squares and 1400/1700's are pie-shaped and have a structural beam that crosses through the balcony (we had no problem with this, we just walked around it). We have had six adults sitting comfortably on the balcony of 1700 (same as 1400). Here is a link to my photos of 1700 from Freedom...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560549732pctdCj

We have sailed in 1702 on the Freedom and loved it. Also we have sailed in 1702 twice on the Liberty. We are packing now for a back to back on the Independence in cabin 1700. This is our first time in either 1400 or 1700. We love the aft and highly recommend 1702.