Who's the Golden's Cruise Director

dreamorone

Yup! He was the very first person (employee or passenger) that we met on our very first cruise and we have remained friends ever since.
That's him - next time you talk to him, tell him he owes Brian an email or two. He'll roll his eyes I'm sure. His other half will be on board with him. Brett and I have been friends since we met on Regal Princess back in 1999.

That's him - next time you talk to him, tell him he owes Brian an email or two. He'll roll his eyes I'm sure. His other half will be on board with him. Brett and I have been friends since we met on Regal Princess back in 1999.

Will do. We specifically booked this cruise because we knew they were going to be on this ship. We saw them when they were working the Crown that went through Boston in the fall. But we've done this once before and then Brett got transfered at the last minute. :(

And I think the cruise director is Richard Joseph but his website hasn't been updated so I wanted to confirm with Brett.

I will be on the Golden in 2 weeks (YEAH!) and I have heard the CD is Richard Jospeh. I do not know him. The previous CD on the Golden (In November) was Billy Hygate (who I personally do not like)

Thank you for the info. When you get back, would you please let us know how your CC Meet and Greet went? You emailed me with the

Golden's contact's name earlier this week. The process with Princess is new to me so your help is much appreciated.

Happy Sails

Kathy

We were on the Golden in September and then again in November and it was Billy Hygate.....He has a great sense of humor and a wonderful singing voice.....however, he does stay away from the guests....a bit of a recluse!

Not a good way to be if you're the Cruise Director.......

We found the Captain to be more friendly than the CD....:o

We will be on the Golden for the Holiday cruise beginning Dec. 24th '08. I seem to have heard very favorable things about Richard Joseph. Do you have any pix of him or a website. Where did you hear that he will be on the Golden permanently after June?? I hope he is the CD when we are onboard.

Thanks so much

Pam

So, who will the new DCD be and when will he start? I'm planning on going on the Golden either at the end of January or the end of February. I know Paul was on as DCD recently. Will he still be on?

Still wondering who the CD on Golden on 2/2 will be.:confused: Anyone Know? Can you tell me Paul's last name and what is a DCD? I know CD is Cruise Director, but not the 1st D. Thanks:)

Thanks Everyone

Happy Sails

kathy

We will be on the Golden for the Holiday cruise beginning Dec. 24th '08. I seem to have heard very favorable things about Richard Joseph. Do you have any pix of him or a website. Where did you hear that he will be on the Golden permanently after June?? I hope he is the CD when we are onboard.

Thanks so much

Pam

Never sailed with him, but I think he will be CD on the Golden for our 01/19/08 sailing in 2 weeks. I Googled him and found this website:

http://www.richardjoseph.com/

Looks like an interesting fellow.

Still wondering who the CD on Golden on 2/2 will be.:confused: Anyone Know? Can you tell me Paul's last name and what is a DCD? I know CD is Cruise Director, but not the 1st D. Thanks:)

Thanks Everyone

Happy Sails

kathy

DCD is Deputy Cruise Director. Princess has this position on their bigger ships and it is somewhere between the Senior Assistant Cruise Director and the Cruise Director. The Deputy is next in line behind the Cruise Director in the hierarchy.

It's a shame you won't have Richard Joseph as he is one of the best CDs. Many CDs are promoted singers or entertainers which doesn't necessarily make them good CDs. Richard grew up on or around cruise ships -- literally (I think his first job was as a teenager on a ship) -- and has had experience on ships with everything from entertainment to design. He actually reads these boards and is very supportive of CC, usually organizing a get-together with drinks and snacks. Give me Richard over someone who "sings well" any day of the week. Someone who sings or tells jokes well often isn't that good as a CD; the job of CD requires many more skills than that.

Someone who sings or tells jokes well often isn't that good as a CD; the job of CD requires many more skills than that.
Or, as with one I could name, doesn't even sing or tell jokes well!

That is why I am so excited. I remember reading wonderful things about Richard Joseph and was hoping that he might be on the Golden Princess on our Holiday cruise this next Dec. I perked up when it was mentioned that he would be back on the Golden permanently after June,'08. I was looking for confirmation to that. I went to the website mentioned above and I couldn't find anything about future plans, just that he was on an extended vacation. Not sure how often the website is updated...

Anyone know for sure???

Thanks so much

Pam

Pam,

I talked with Rich last week, this is what he told me. But of course you know that June is a ways away so things could change but that is what he is doing as of now. He is the best CD that we have has IMO. :D

Here is a link to his website.

http://richardjoseph.com/

I perked up when it was mentioned that he would be back on the Golden permanently after June,'08.
I've never heard of Princess "permanently" putting a CD on one ship. If Mr. Joseph has accomplished this, he'll be a first.

Thank you for letting me know how you knew this possibility. I hope it is indeed a reality for him. But, I know, June is a long time away plus even then don't know if he would be on our sailing over Christmas and New Year's. Just hoping and trying to think positively.. Do you have an email for him (maybe it is on his website). I might like to email him closer to our cruise to see if he will be on it.

Thanks again.

Thank you for letting me know how you knew this possibility. I hope it is indeed a reality for him. But, I know, June is a long time away plus even then don't know if he would be on our sailing over Christmas and New Year's. Just hoping and trying to think positively.. Do you have an email for him (maybe it is on his website). I might like to email him closer to our cruise to see if he will be on it.

Thanks again.

There should be a link on his website that you can e-mail him at. :)

He should be updating his schedule on his website soon. He has had quite a full plate over the last year or two. :)

Or, as with one I could name, doesn't even sing or tell jokes well!

Hey Brian

We're doing the 6 day coastal on the Golden this may. Any idea who the CD will be then. I'm hoping not Billy again:rolleyes: He was ok, on the Island, but would prefer someone else.

Have a great cruise

PS Irishjayne and us are doing a B2B on the Emerald next Jan "09" Really looking forward to that. since they cancelled out Australia cruise on the dawn.

Archived