PD W739 - Christmas Cruise

DennisN

Hey Geoff - great photos. :)

Thanks for the effort of putting them up on here.

Ref photo #2, now that you have provided the hi-res version I can definitely say the folk in the blue runabout were the ones that gave all the passengers on the PD the "brown eye" - or "moon" :D

They turned around and chased us up into Darling Harbour before sharing their "humour" with us. :)

I wonder if they were CC members????? :p

Great review Dennis and what beautiful photos. I particularly liked the ones cruising through the Boulari Passage. I had always wanted to cruise through there as the pics in the brochures looked awesome. We cruised through there on the Dawn after leaving Isle of Pines but it was around 6 in the evening and it didn't look half as nice as it did in your pics. I think it was just the wrong time of day. I'd love a balcony cabin but I'm afraid that will have to wait until the kids are off our hands;) .Might see you on board PD in march '09 headed for Samoa :)

Karen

Thankyou Dennis, you have just help me make up my mind on where I will be come Christmas this year!! Fantastic review (don't you wish we didn't have the 2 ltr limit when Baileys is that cheap) and the photos were fantastic - balcony is certainly the way to go!!

Hi Dennis, what lovely photos...they are so clear. thank you for sharing.

regarding your Pacific Sky cruise ...we did the last cruise before she went over to Singapore. I cried because I knew it would me my time onboard my favourite ship.

about your time in Singapore.....we often went down to the Union Jack club ,the Brit club.....and Bugis Street...LOL.

kind regards, LORRAINE

Hi Dennis

Love the review, LOVE the shots - I had put up a mini review with a few shots, but no where NEAR as good as yours -

It's great to see 'our' cruise through someone else's eyes, and your photos brought back many happy memories - you really captured the colours of the islands.

Well done - when's your next one?

Joanna:D

Hey Geoff - great photos. :)

Thanks for the effort of putting them up on here.

Ref photo #2, now that you have provided the hi-res version I can definitely say the folk in the blue runabout were the ones that gave all the passengers on the PD the "brown eye" - or "moon" :D

They turned around and chased us up into Darling Harbour before sharing their "humour" with us. :)

I wonder if they were CC members????? :p

Dennis,

At least you know it wasn't me (holding camera) , but I might have to scan some of the later shots for some hairy action :eek:

Cheers

about your time in Singapore.....we often went down to the Union Jack club ,the Brit club.....and Bugis Street...LOL.

kind regards, LORRAINE

Hi Lorraine,

I cant remember the UJ Club but knew the old Brittania Club very well -its still there.[in Beach Road opposite Raffles]

Knowing the old "real" Bugis street certainly qualifies you and hubby as people who know their way round SE Asia.

Bugis St - where the best looking girls were blokes :eek: :D :p

OddGirls1.jpg

Thanks Dennis I have cruised many times and seen so many of the sights but you have captured the essence....... in both your review and your pictures wonderful......... thank you once again and would love to see you on the Samoa Trip there's a few of us going .

Elaine:D

Hi Lorraine,

I cant remember the UJ Club but knew the old Brittania Club very well -its still there.[in Beach Road opposite Raffles]

Knowing the old "real" Bugis street certainly qualifies you and hubby as people who know their way round SE Asia.

Bugis St - where the best looking girls were blokes :eek: :D :p

OddGirls1.jpg

Hi Dennis, thanks for photo...great. brings back happy times

aah... we remember them well.

and afternoon tea at Robinsons.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Great to hear Wilma is up and about..the lady with 230 cruises. she has been sick , and not cruising much.

Hi Lorraine,

We were told that Wilma now must bring a carer onboard with her to look after her but is definitely still cruising. We wondered what happened to her son who often cruised with her but hasn't been seen for a fairly long time.

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Hi DennisN. How much was a taxi in Ouvea and what money do they take? Suexxx

The "taxis" in Ouvea when we were there last Saturday cost A$3 per person. We had no problem with the drivers and happily handed over $10 for three of us for one trip and refused the change.

Cheers,

Glad you enjoyed PD. Just one thing...The CD Martin would be gunning for you if he read it..he is no englishman, he is a WELSHMAN and proud of it. (He was Assistant CD on Regal Princess.)

Cheers..Les:cool:

Hi Les,

Sorry to disagree but the current Pacific Dawn Cruise Director is definitely English. Martin Stevens hails from Cambridge England. I just dug out the Welcome Back Stage guide they gave us to check. According to the document:

Martin Stevens - Cambridge, England

Martin has recently joined P&O Australia having spent the last year working for her sister company Princess Cruises. He has now worked on cruises since 1998, having worked as a cruise director for the last 4 years. In between Cruise companies, Martin has recently been working on British TV, presenting live for 4 hours at a time!! In his spare time he is a massive sports fan, especially football and is an Ipswich Town fan for his sins. He also follows Cricket closely, although not so closely after the last ashes series! After leaving college with 9 GCSE's and 3 A levels, Martin was an accountant for a couple of years, but soon realised that 9 to 5 wasn't for him and started off his entertainment career at the famous British holiday centre, Butlins where he worked with some of the biggest names in the UK. He is delighted to have been asked to join Pacific Dawn in her Inaugural season.

Cheers,

Hi Dennis

Great writeup

Had a look at you photos fantastic clear images

we are going on the Dawn 6.2.08

your photos impressed us better than what P & O put out

I have one question

What camera did you use??

Please advise

Gary

thnaks for a wonderful review dennis. I loved your photos. I am sorry we missed out on seeing any sunrises or sunsets due to early dinner and late nights. Next time maybe.

thanks to cruising along for bringing this back to the top as i must have missed it on my quick look through on my return.

I especially loved the photos of ouvea.

• 3 weeks later...

great photos i must say most people who put their photos up take idiotic photos like those stupid vegetable carvings or somebody in the cannibals pot in mystery island and yes dennis im with you mystery island is a mystery i think if i go there again il stay on ship wheras oveae is sensational i was there on first visit aug 05 on pac sky, great to see havannah passage again been through it quite a few time i have video somewhere when we went thru on achille lauro

• 1 year later...

I know it has been just over two years since doing this cruise for me but I have a lot of good memories from it that will last a lifetime.

I have just recently done a Contiki Asia Tour which was not too bad but for the kind of money they ask for it Unless You learnt about the region in High School or had a parent who loved War Movies or TV miniseries I would not waste my time on that.It costs just as much If not more than a South Pacific Cruise with P&O.

Archived