Help! Looking for a hotel by Port of Miami

TRAVELGIRL18

Hi All,

I am a newbie to these boards, but I have been reading them for quite a while now. Everyone has such wonderful tips and I've learned so much. We are traveling on the Freedom on April 19th. I haven't cruised since 1989 and my DH and 2 DDs have never been before. We are planning on flying from NJ to Miami the day before and we are looking for a reasonably priced hotel located fairly close to the port. It would be great if there were a complementary shuttle offered to the port as well. I figured it would be best to ask the experts for advice! I appreciate any help you can offer!

Thanks!

TravelGirl18 :)

Hey Travelgirl18,

We'll be sailing on the Freedom March 15th (61 days and counting) Yeaaaaaaaa!! We live in Delaware County, just outside of Philly and are flying down the day before. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Bayside which is directly across and within walking distance to the Bayside Marketplace. Keep in mind it's spring break so we're paying $150 (military rate) but you should be able to get it cheaper.

Are you flying into Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? If Miami its only about a 10 minute ride to the port. Ft. Lauderdale is probably 45 mins. to an hours ride. Also, check out the East Coast Departure boards for more info. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi All,

I am a newbie to these boards, but I have been reading them for quite a while now. Everyone has such wonderful tips and I've learned so much. We are traveling on the Freedom on April 19th. I haven't cruised since 1989 and my DH and 2 DDs have never been before. We are planning on flying from NJ to Miami the day before and we are looking for a reasonably priced hotel located fairly close to the port. It would be great if there were a complementary shuttle offered to the port as well. I figured it would be best to ask the experts for advice! I appreciate any help you can offer!

Thanks!

We stayed in May at the Radisson on Biscayne Blvd... This is now a Hilton Hotel and I would highly recommend it. We got it on Priceline for 80.00 per night. It was 10 minutes to the marketplace which had a great nightlife and also 10 minutes to the port we took a cab in the morning.

Travelgirl18-

Welcome to these boards. We will also be on the Freedom April 19th - Freedom Floaters cruise thru Cruisecritic. You will love the Freedom - we jost got off the Dec. 22nd cruise, and had a blast. In December we stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami the night before, and will be staying there again in April It is about a $12 cab ride to the cruise terminal, and the Bayside Marketplace is right across the street- it a lot of fun to walk around, and really is lively on a Friday night. Make sure you join our Roll Call!

we are also leaving from Philly on Apr 18. Staying at Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Close to Bayside Market. departing Philly around 1pm. Holiday had good price I watched for several months before booking. I wanted to stay near Market Place area so we would not need car.

Hi All,

Thanks!

We'll be on the Freedom then too and are flying down the day before from Maine. We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport with others from our group - booked the room over Hotwire. From what I've read the hotel has a shuttle to the port, just need to get back to the hotel for our post cruise stay. Good luck finding a hotel. There are many helpful tips on these boards.

We stayed in May at the Radisson on Biscayne Blvd... This is now a Hilton Hotel and I would highly recommend it. We got it on Priceline for 80.00 per night. It was 10 minutes to the marketplace which had a great nightlife and also 10 minutes to the port we took a cab in the morning.

How did you get to the MarketPlace from the new Hilton? I saw something about a people mover but now can't find that info anymore either.:confused:

We're booked there for our pre sail stay in Feb/March. The rates are WONDERFUL!

A great big thank you to everyone who voluteered information about hotels near the pier in Miami. You provided some very useful information to me! One more question;does anyone book with a AAA rate? Or is it just cheaper to use Priceline or Hotwire? I've never used either of these before and am just curious. I will be sure to join Roll Call too! :)

Just spoke to TA who advised trying to fly into Ft. Lauderdale from NJ instead of Miami since Jet Blue has cheaper fares for our April 19th sail date. Has anyone ever done this before? How far is Ft. Lauderdale from Miami and what would be cheapest option to get to the pier from airport in Ft. Lauderdale? I'm counting on your advice since you haven't steered me wrong so far!

Thanks! :D

Yes, we'll also be flying into Ft. Lauderdale from Philly (cheaper) for our March 15th Freedom cruise. Its about a 45 min ride to the port and we're using Larry's Limo (used before). For 6 of us it will be $108 (which includes tax & gratuity) which I thought was a great price. Keep in mind we are traveling the day before and he's taking us from the FLL airport to the Holiday Inn Bayside Marketplace which right near the port. Hope this helps!

Just spoke to TA who advised trying to fly into Ft. Lauderdale from NJ instead of Miami since Jet Blue has cheaper fares for our April 19th sail date. Has anyone ever done this before? How far is Ft. Lauderdale from Miami and what would be cheapest option to get to the pier from airport in Ft. Lauderdale? I'm counting on your advice since you haven't steered me wrong so far!

Thanks! :D

This may or may not be the best option. Keep in mind it will run you approx. $100-120 each way for taxi/limo fare. Ft. Lauderdale is only about 25 miles from Miami and it takes about 35 minutes (give or take with traffic), but that's about the going rate. If your air is saving you over $200, then your TA is correct and FLL is your better option. You will probably find hotels more reasonably priced in Ft. Lauderdale as well. Just remember not to book too early a flight home because with traffic it will take you longer to get to FLL than Miami airport.

This may or may not be the best option. Keep in mind it will run you approx. $100-120 each way for taxi/limo fare. Ft. Lauderdale is only about 25 miles from Miami and it takes about 35 minutes (give or take with traffic), but that's about the going rate. If your air is saving you over $200, then your TA is correct and FLL is your better option. You will probably find hotels more reasonably priced in Ft. Lauderdale as well. Just remember not to book too early a flight home because with traffic it will take you longer to get to FLL than Miami airport.

Actually, depending upon where you are going, day of week, and what route, probably closer to an hour.

Renting a car would be your best bet. Personally, I prefer to go A1A/Collins Avenue instead of I-95. The view is much nicer, you won't fear for your life, or get stuck in gridlock that happens when there is a wreck.

Archived