finally made it to the Boatyard

trish1c

• 1 month later...

The "rope swing" and "rock climbing things" are at no additional cost ... part of your admission fee. Also, note that Boatyard will return you to the ship at n/c.

There are snorkel tours offered ... just not sure how much the cost is now.

If you enjoy being at an active FUN beach/beach bar, you'll LOVE Boatyard! :cool:

What about snorkeling? Are there small boats that can take you out for snorkeling? We won't have time for the whole day snorkel trip; we'd just like to go out for a few hours. Thanks! We'll be there next Wednesday!

Since this was posted back in Feb, it obviously, wont help you...but it might help someone going in the future. :)

When I was at Lobster Alive! last year we booked a snorkel tour for $25pp, it lasted about 2 hours and we saw 2 shipwrecks. Always feel free to negotiate a better price that what they first offer. There was a guy walking up and down the beach looking to fill a boat. It was just he 4 of us, so it was really nice.

You can find pics in the Destiny link below.

I would like to thank all of the posters on this thread. I was in Barbados a week ago, May 27, and went to the boatyard. We traveled there by taxi for $3.00USD per person. We entered thru Lobster Alive and enjoyed our time on the beach. We were set up with chairs and an umbrella.

For those wondering, the vendors walk the beach and will offer you snorkel tours, jet ski, etc. We went jet skiing while there for $40 USD.

Thank you for the info! Its about personal preference I think. I am going to the boatyard in 3 weeks because I like all the water sports there and espcially want to go on the water trampolines.

In comparison to most excursions, $15 pp is cheap!

~Lisa

• 3 weeks later...

So glad you said that-I was curious because I was told i could buy a day pass at the hotel.So at the public beach is there a place to rent chairs and buy drinks?

Thanks so much!

Keep walking past the first taxi guys you'll come to.

Get out,past the Port's Gatehouse

(you'll see Policeman and Customs guy at the gatehouse)

The regular taxi guys outside the gatehouse are far more tractable

and will take you to Accra/Rockley, on the South Coast.

Tell them you wanna go to the public part of Accra Beach NOT the hotel

unless you like the hotel sorta thing,in which case....

• 3 weeks later...
The "rope swing" and "rock climbing things" are at no additional cost ... part of your admission fee. Also, note that Boatyard will return you to the ship at n/c.

If you enjoy being at an active FUN beach/beach bar, you'll LOVE Boatyard! :cool:

We enjoyed our day at the Boatyard. Yes, the music was loud at the bar, but it carried down to the beach where is was at a great level for enjoying the day. An umbrella cost $2.00. The drinks were a bit steep ($24 US for a bucket of 6 beers - which was the same price if you bought the beers separately), $6 for most mixed drinks...but they did have the games which made it easy to win free drinks. The rope swing was a huge hit with our family, as were the water trampoline (there was only 1 when we were there last week) and the iceburg. We had flying fish sandwiches and some of their delicious rum punch as well. The free transportation back to the pier was no hassle and fast.

Archived