Hotel/Resort day Pass Ideas/Suggestions Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan & Cabo???

Longing to Cruise Lisa

I e-mailed several resorts in Cabo to find out about day passes and got an answer from the ME resort. Their day passes are currently $30 pp and can be used toward food and drink. It looks like a beautiful resort for adults. I would not go there with kids.

Thank you for the information! $30 PP seems like a steal for this place the grounds are gorgeous. If anyone gets any additional information on the ME Cabo it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for the information! $30 PP seems like a steal for this place the grounds are gorgeous. If anyone gets any additional information on the ME Cabo it would be greatly appreciated!

The $30 is not for an all inclusive pass. It is just a deposit to be used toward your bill at the end of the day. The drinks and food at the ME are amongst the most expensive in Cabo. Expect to pay a minimum of $10 per drink and a burger or a plate of fish tacos will be in the $15 range.

I e-mailed several resorts in Cabo to find out about day passes and got an answer from the ME resort. Their day passes are currently $30 pp and can be used toward food and drink. It looks like a beautiful resort for adults. I would not go there with kids.

Hi Ginny... I contacted the resort but never heard back, do you have their e-mail as maybe I used the wrong one...

Hi Ginny... I contacted the resort but never heard back, do you have their e-mail as maybe I used the wrong one...

There are so many beach bars with cabanas set up right on the sand and all you have to pay for are your drinks and food. It's a great way to spend the day lounging. As for the resorts, most of the chairs are already taken up by the resorts vactioners/timeshareowners. And they do not like the cruise ship peole, I know, I once stayed at one of those resorts and boy the things they said were very rude. I would rather just stay at any of the beach bars and have a great time and spend much less money.

Sherry - It took me a while to find it, but here is the e-mail I used for the ME in Cabo. I never heard back from one other. Plus I was interested in the Finesterra, but cannot find their e-mail, although a telephone number is llisted on their website. That one is located away from the Medano Beach area and looks awesome. When we get closer to cruising I may call them - unless you do it first!:D

resmanager@mebymeliacabo.com

Sherry - It took me a while to find it, but here is the e-mail I used for the ME in Cabo. I never heard back from one other. Plus I was interested in the Finesterra, but cannot find their e-mail, although a telephone number is llisted on their website. That one is located away from the Medano Beach area and looks awesome. When we get closer to cruising I may call them - unless you do it first!:D

resmanager@mebymeliacabo.com

We were interested in the Finisterra too, stayed at the ME a few years ago. Cruisers have reported the Fin was free. 3 gorgeous pools, and good beach, but on the rough ocean side, too rough to go in the ocean. No prob for us, we like the pools better anyway. Got this email for the Fin, wrote them but no reply:

reservaciones@finisterra.com

The Playa Grande next door looks great too, wrote them at:

info@playagrande.com.mx but no reply.

-Bob

We will be in Cabo in September and again in April of 2010. I would like to snorkel in September as the water will be warmer then. However, in April the beach in Cabo would probably be too cold too enjoy the ocean - pools or just enjoying the grounds would appeal to me better. Thanks for the e-mail info!

• 5 months later...
Check out the Westin. You can see it from the pier and it's a very nice property. I just replied to a similar post on this board (PV Weston) with related info.

When you spent the day at Westin Resort, did you just walk in or did you purchase (somehow) online a Day Pass? If you purchased beforehand, how did you do this...online....can you post where you did this? How much did it cost?

Was food/drinks included in the Day Pass? Did you have to pay for a beach lounge chair.

Please more info on your day at the Westin would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
We have used El Cid in Mazatlan and the facilities are great there. As long as you either eat or drink you can stay as long as you like. I heard the Melia in Cabo is also welcoming to Cruisers but not sure and I am going to check it out when we go next week.

I think there are 4 El Cid's listed for Mazatlan....which one did you use?

When you spent the day at Westin Resort, did you just walk in or did you purchase (somehow) online a Day Pass? If you purchased beforehand, how did you do this...online....can you post where you did this? How much did it cost?

Was food/drinks included in the Day Pass? Did you have to pay for a beach lounge chair.

Please more info on your day at the Westin would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Although the Westin seems to be close to the terminal, you cannot walk. It is on the other site of the port, you need a bus or cab to get there.

Untill about 2 years ago they had the Niki Beach Club, but that is closed. (it seems to be a restaurant now.)

I have heard they offer daypasses at $ 40.- p.p, of which you can use $ 30.- for food and drinks.

Send them an e-mail for more information.

Just got off the Mariner a couple of weeks ago. For those who are still interested, the Dreams Resort, south of downtown PV, is a great deal. $45 for a "cruise passenger" pass, good for 6 hours (although I don't know how the moniter the time). All inclusive with beach access, plentiful palapas and efficient service on the beach. The pool, with a swim up bar, was terrific. All food (very good and a wide selection) as well as all drinks, mixed or beer, were available. No advance reservation needed. Just appear at the concierge desk and sign in.

You will need a cab to get there as it is on the other side of town from the cruise pier. Leave the ship, exit the fenced in area to avoid the higher priced white cabs and negotiate a fare with the yellow cabs outside the fence. Should be about $15 per cab. When you arrive at the resort, be prepared to surrender your driver's license which can be picked up when you leave. DON'T FORGET IT! Cabs are available at the resort to return you to the ship.

We will be in Cabo in September and again in April of 2010. I would like to snorkel in September as the water will be warmer then. However, in April the beach in Cabo would probably be too cold too enjoy the ocean - pools or just enjoying the grounds would appeal to me better. Thanks for the e-mail info!

We have been to Cabo in Dec and the weather was warm enough to get in the water.....not as warm as summer but refreshing enough to cool us off.....

There are so many beach bars with cabanas set up right on the sand and all you have to pay for are your drinks and food. It's a great way to spend the day lounging. As for the resorts, most of the chairs are already taken up by the resorts vactioners/timeshareowners. And they do not like the cruise ship peole, I know, I once stayed at one of those resorts and boy the things they said were very rude. I would rather just stay at any of the beach bars and have a great time and spend much less money.

Me too! The beach is so beautiful and the service is excellent why waste time at a resort IMO........

I think there are 4 El Cid's listed for Mazatlan....which one did you use?

It's not the El Cid Tower, that's not on the beach, it's the El Cid Resort on the beach, tell your driver it's beside the Inn at Mazatlan, 2 down from Costa de Oro, on the Golden Zone beach. Nice place, pretty pools, good beach, waiter will get you towels.

-Bob

Just got off the Mariner a couple of weeks ago. For those who are still interested, the Dreams Resort, south of downtown PV, is a great deal. $45 for a "cruise passenger" pass, good for 6 hours (although I don't know how the moniter the time). All inclusive with beach access, plentiful palapas and efficient service on the beach. The pool, with a swim up bar, was terrific. All food (very good and a wide selection) as well as all drinks, mixed or beer, were available. No advance reservation needed. Just appear at the concierge desk and sign in.

You will need a cab to get there as it is on the other side of town from the cruise pier. Leave the ship, exit the fenced in area to avoid the higher priced white cabs and negotiate a fare with the yellow cabs outside the fence. Should be about $15 per cab. When you arrive at the resort, be prepared to surrender your driver's license which can be picked up when you leave. DON'T FORGET IT! Cabs are available at the resort to return you to the ship.

Thanks Mark thats the info I've been looking for..... Feb will be our first cruise to cabo,maz and p/v and we have plans for the other ports and were looking for a relxing day with no worries. Dreams sounds great, thanks again.

HOOKEM HORNS

Steve

Me too! The beach is so beautiful and the service is excellent why waste time at a resort IMO........

I agree in Cabo. Maz and PV, not so much.

In Maz, we toured with Mazatlan Frank, one of the finest tour guides around. We did the city tour and also visited Pacificio Brewery. Lunch was at Tonys at the Beach (yum). In Cabo, we went to the Mango Deck, right on the beach. A little loud but a lot of fun. Ocean was great.

Having been to Cabo several times I was looking for somewhere to spend the day. I contacted the Hilton where I have stayed and asked about coming to their spa and staying to enjoy their pool. He said it was no problem I would just have to buy food and drinks. This was coming from the spa staff but having been there several times once you got into the resort there was no way they could recognize you as not being a guest. Now the food there is pricey but good. Very nice pool and they are the only hotel that has a swimming area at the beach. It is a very bit of a trek from the pier but worth it. Beautiful resort.

Having stayed at the Melia yrs. ago That is the only place i go when cruising. I have never paid a day pass fee. Enjoyed the pool and bar, paid as we went. They have big lounge canopy type beds by the pool, help yourself to them. the beach is great for swimming - safe, I am going for the first time w/ a 14 yr. old in Nov. but normally we go alone and don't see many kids at all. Love this place!!

Having been to Cabo several times I was looking for somewhere to spend the day. I contacted the Hilton where I have stayed and asked about coming to their spa and staying to enjoy their pool. He said it was no problem I would just have to buy food and drinks. This was coming from the spa staff but having been there several times once you got into the resort there was no way they could recognize you as not being a guest. Now the food there is pricey but good. Very nice pool and they are the only hotel that has a swimming area at the beach. It is a very bit of a trek from the pier but worth it. Beautiful resort.

It is a very pretty resort but it is not in the town of Cabo. It is actually on the corridor between the towns of Cabo and San Jose. It will be about $30-$40 each way for a cab which can make it quite an expensive day unless there are more than 2 of you. There is a very nice cove in front of this resort for swimming.

Having stayed at the Melia yrs. ago That is the only place i go when cruising. I have never paid a day pass fee. Enjoyed the pool and bar, paid as we went. They have big lounge canopy type beds by the pool, help yourself to them. the beach is great for swimming - safe, I am going for the first time w/ a 14 yr. old in Nov. but normally we go alone and don't see many kids at all. Love this place!!

They changed the name of this resort to the ME a few years ago. It really seems to depend on how busy they are if they charge a fee or not. And the amount of that fee seems to vary between $25-$40/pp.

• 1 year later...

We recently were in Mazatlan in November on a RC cruise. It was my hubby, myself & two kids (ages 4 & 9) - Didn't really have a plan for that port, so we just went off ship & were bombarded by the EL Cid timeshare people. Having a weak moment, and nothing else planned, we went for it. Really hated spending the hour of a port day on the timeshare spill, but after that, we got our bracelets, and LOVED the resort. They paid for the taxi ride to & from the resort (about a 15 minute ride each way). The pool was fantastic, with a slide for the kids & a little cliff they could jump off of into the pool below. It wasn't crowded at all, although we did see the cruise ship singers there & chatted with them. They said they just buy a day pass for $30 - 40 pp & come every time in port. The resort had all you could drink & eat (pretty good)& provided towels, etc, but we did see another large family we recognize from the cruise's kids club, and they just came there and paid al la carte for their food & drink. In addition to the pools, the resort had beach access. The mexican beaches bother us a little with all the vendors, but the resort does have a small little roped off section in attempt to keep the vendors out of your hair. We were mainly on the beach with the kids playing in the water, but some guys with horses came up to us on the beach, and we all rode horses on the beach for a few minutes. There were also people renting parasailing too. All in all, that was my daughter's favorite day of the whole cruise & we would certainly go back there if we were ever in Mazatlan again!

Any suggestions like this for Cabo?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

All Inclusive Day Passes in Cabo

Pueblo Bonito Pacifica 119 pp/day

Pueblo Bonito Rose 89 pp/day

Villa Del Palmar 50 pp/day

Villa Del Arco 60 pp/ half day

Dreams Los Cabos 95 pp/day 59 pp/ half day

The first four are all on Medano Beach, Dreams is located outside of town towards San Jose.

In Puerto Vallarta

Dreams, which is a 20 dollar cab ride, 60 pp/ half day

Crown Paradise 35 pp/ half day

Golden Crown Paradise 45 pp/ half day Also is adults only

The Crown Paradise and Golden Crown Paradise are both walkable from the cruise ship pier and if you pay the 45 at GCP, you can use both facilities since they are sister properties next door to each other.

All of the above mentioned places are all inclusive and include all facilities and food and drinks. There are other places like Krystal in PV or Finisterra in Cabo that let you use their facilities and relax as long as you buy drinks and food.

In Mazatlan

Riu and the El Cid's from what I have seen on these boards, but I have not contacted them yet since that port may still be banned by Carnival in September of 2011 when we will be visiting.

Archived