Royal Caribbean for kids???

jctref

I am looking into a cruise Spring of 2009 on either theLiberty or Freedom with my husband and two sons. They will be 3 and 5 at the time. Has anyone taken their young children on a RCCL cruise? How was your experience? Did your kids enjoy themselves? How was the kids programming? Anything anyone can tell me will help. :confused:

I'm pretty sure your 5 year old will have a blast! RCI is great with kids. The 3 year old will be able to participate if he's potty-trained. Otherwise, it'll be up to you to entertain him.

The kids will have fun no matter WHAT kind of vacation you do with them!

Freedom is a great ship for kids. My husband and I went on a trip that I earned from work, just the 2 of us, and I kept thinking "I have to do this again and bring the kids!"

You can check out the kids programs on the RCI website- it's called Adventure Ocean. Also, there might be copies of the daily activities for AO at cruisedailies.com.

There's also babysitting for a fee offered in case you would like to do some things just the 2 of you at night.

Have fun!

While my DS and DD were 10 and 12 during our cruise on the Freedom, I can't ever remember seeing the little lads & lasses without a smile plastered all the way around their heads.

The H2O zone is well laid out, and a great place for families to get together.

The Adventure Ocean was great - great staff, fun things to do. Now that I think of it, that was the only time I saw the kids upset...when it was time to leave!:D

The Adventure Ocean was great - great staff, fun things to do. Now that I think of it, that was the only time I saw the kids upset...when it was time to leave!:D

I'll second that!!! We haven't yet done Freedom, but AO on the other RCI ships has been great. Our now 10 yo started cruising when she was 5, and just loved AO...if it was open, she was there! Even gave up the chance to swim with the family a time or two. She's a real mommy's girl, and was clingy when she got left in the church nursery and such, but not when we cruise.

The parent-child Fisher Price activities mentioned above are available on all RCL ships. They are held once a day (usually in one of the lounges) for about 45-60 mins. They are for children 36 months and younger. Aquababies is for 6-18 months and Aquatots is for 18-36 months.

Archived