Hotel in Beunos Aires

Reinalee

Helpme, for what dates are you trying to book the hotel?

I've been looking at dates for the end of December up to our sail date and see that on January 1, the rates jump for the holiday weekend-- about 25% for the hotel I am looking at.

I was looking around the end of Jan. on the Marriott website. I have read about people booking for under $200.00 so I was very surprised!!

Some hotels do not have their rates posted yet. I've been researching for a few days and their seems to be many choices but the Marriott sounds very nice. I wonder what the Four Seasons rate is!!!!!

We were in BA for 2 nights prior to our cruise on the Infiniti in Feb. We stayed at the Marriott on Florida St. Because we used Marriott points, I can't comment on the price, but the hotel worked out just fine. The location was perfect as we could walk to many things we wanted to see. I had booked a car service to pick us up at the airport, but could have just used a remise cab which have booths at the airport. Just make sure that it is a radio cab for safety reasons. The port was only a 5 minute cab ride from the hotel. The hotel arranged the cab for us, but we had the only cab driver in BA who didn't seem to know how to get to the port. It was a funny way to start our cruise. We also had the hotel arrange a half day sightseeing tour of the city to get us acclamated. Internet is not free at the Marriott. Our room was clean, but not too large. The bath was quite spacious. I hope this info helps those of you looking for a hotel.

Well, I did make it to Google maps only to find, well to put it bluntly, nothing. Only satellite pictures. No overlay maps and none of the search features and links that work so beautifully in North America and Europe. I was so disappointed. Sorry that I gave you all a bum steer.

I had great luck with this link. You can do street map, satellite or hybrid.

I had great luck with this link. You can do street map, satellite or hybrid.

You need to have read both posts that I made about Google maps to completely understand what I was saying. In the first post, I touted some added value services (such as search nearby and links to hotel/restaurant reviews) that I had found very helpful when using Google maps for planning a European vacation and said that I was planning to use them to plan my time in Buenos Aires. Then, I found out that the same value added was not available for Buenos Aires. In a second post, I wrote to apologize for posting erroneous information.

The level of detail available for Buenos Aires is just not the same as what is available in other cities. Visit Amsterdam using Google maps and you will see what I mean.

I had found very helpful when using Google maps for planning a European vacation

peregrina,

I LOVE that feature as I have been able to see our hotels in London, Rome and Venice on the birds eye view!! Now if only I can find them when I am on the street!!!!

:D

Dot

• 1 month later...

Since it was not mention here, I'll also recommend the Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero. I live in Buenos Aires and I've got some visitors staying there in the past which even prefer this hotel over the Sheraton (Retiro) since is closer to Galerias Pacifico and Puerto Madero. I just double check with Tripadvisor and the reviews look positive.

• 6 months later...
SS Bosco,

I'd be interested to hear why you liked Santiago better than BA and whether you thought 3 nights' visit was just right or whether you'd have liked longer?

MMDownUnder--

Sorry, I just found this old post.

I liked Santiago better than BA because there isn't dog poop all over the sidewalks and the sidewalks don't have missing pavers and/or pieces of concrete.

It's quieter overall (even downtown) and the drivers don't race to the next stoplight.

The prices were also reasonable, food good, taxis plentiful and my BW Los Espanoles hotel was just across the river from the nice section.

I think 3 nights in each city was the perfect time for me but I would recommend staying extra in each at each end of the trip. I wouldn't stay in Valparaiso even the night before the cruise. Santiago was great.

Hi

We are taking the Radiance of the seas in April 09 and we booked 2 nights at the Complejo Tango Boutique Hotel ....Av. Belgrano 2608...does anyone know anything about this Hotel or the area it is located in. It has tango shows and lessons.

Also, what will the weather be like in BA in the middle of April??

Thanks for any information

Linda

Archived