Cancelling shore excursions

django

You can cancel the vast majority of excursions when aboard the ship. There are a few that are non-cancellable, but that is noted in the booking information.

The deadline for cancellations is sometimes more than 24 hours before you arrive at the port in question. Information regarding deadline for cancellations will be available when you board. To cancel, just turn in your tour tickets to the shore excursions desk.

Have a wonderful cruise.

The Princess Patter will list the closing time for each port's shore excursions. This is the cut off for cancelling. Usually, it is 7pm two evening before you reach the port. That is, if you reach a port on Wednesday, you must cancel by 7pm Monday. Excursions that include airplane flights and/or hotels often require more notice to cancel.

Thank you for your prompt responses. It is a scuba diving tour that I am going to cancel. Hopefully this won't be a problem.

Once onboard you will see the tour charges on your shipboard account and the tickets in your cabin. After cancelling at the tour desk make sure the refund shows up on your account. :)

On our last cruise, my wife became ill the late afternoon before we were to dock in Cartenega the next morning. I went down to the Excursion desk and explained the situation. We were fully refunded for the tour we were going to take.

49er

As has been said, you can cancel a shore excursion at any time up to 24 - 48 hours before the tour. You can just drop off the tickets in the box in front of the Shore Excursion Desk: you don't have to wait for them to be open or wait in line.

The port excursion closing day and time are listed in the Princess Patter so keep watching that in case you hold on to the tickets. Be careful: some have said that it's 24 hours before the excursion, others have said 7PM the night before. That's not always the case as closing times can be anywhere between 24 - 48 hours before the tour. It depends on the port.

when wanting to cancel a ship's tour you do not have to stand at the Tour Desk waiting for help. There is usually a box on the desk with a slot in the top that has a notice on it that you drop you tour tickets you want to cancel in the box. YOu do this before the the cutoff date and time. We have never had a problem with not having the tour credited to our account for the cancellation. Drop you tour tickets in the box and 2 days later check your shipboard account to make sure they have been credited back to your account.

Make sure to check that they credit your account. We had the time of one of our excursions change and we did not want to go at the new time, so we followed the instructions and put the tickets in the drop box. We checked our account a couple of days latter because, it was technically out of the cancellation time and I wanted to make sure they credited us. They had not. A quick trip down to the tour office with the letter they had sent us and they fixed it right away. They also printed us a new folio just to show us that they did credit us. :)

Always double-check your onboard account. I was sick for several days on my Royal Princess cruise last November and was treated by the Medical Center. I had two excursions to cancel but since I was confined to my cabin, I couldn't hand in my ticket. The medical staff said they'd take care of it. When I finally got out several days later, I double-checked and they hadn't. I was able to just turn in my tickets and they were credited even though we were days beyond the tour dates.

Archived