What's so great about Aft balcony cabins?

Vividraven

And then there's the black smoke and soot 24-7. It trails aft, always aft and downward and can be thick as they burn bunker fuel in up to 6 engines generating 130,000 Hp and consuming 4230lb of fuel per hr. Thats 70 lb per minute . Probably only 1500 lb of soot per hr. Where do I get my info?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Oasis_of_the_Seas

Aft is ok, but Aft Wrap (back corner) is the best. These wrap around from the side to the back. Generally they are very long but not as deep as a regular aft. We had one on carnival dream and the balcony was at least 30 feet long. Side and rear views.

Last year on Carnival Victory we were offered rear wrap around for cheap. We had booked an inside cabin, and the call came about 3 wks before sailing. We really liked it. HUGE balcony with a couple chairs, lounger and small table. We did opt for room service breakfast and ate out there each day. I thought the cabin was a bit roomier than regular balcony cabins. So I can check it off my bucket list. Would I pay the full price ever? NO. We generally like being out on the main decks, people watching and getting few fruity drinks. One point, as others mentioned... depending on route and sun it can get REALLY hot, and sun was so bright reflecting off the ship I couldn't even read my book. I didn't notice any extra noise or movement on our sailing.

Just my humble opinion.

I like the hump mid ship better next to the elevator. It's a preference....some like them, some don't. I found it to be hotter and woke to a little soot. Good and bad. Like anything else, it's subjective. I would always try it once to see if it's for you.