Voyager Menus

Ha! Found the two missing menus, figured they'd surface eventually. Here is the 7 day menu currently being served on Voyager:

Day 1

Melon and Mango – Drizzled with ginger syrup

Melon and Proscuitto

Smoked Fish Tapenade

Vidalia Onion Tart

Tuscan Tomato Soup

Saigon Chicken Noodle Soup

Chilled Watermelon Gazpacho

Spinach Salad

Caesar Salad

Shrimp Ravioli

Stuffed Chicken Breast

Slow Roasted Prime Rib

Grilled Mediterranean Vegetable Quesadilla

Royal Herb Crusted Fillet of Atlantic Cod

Ivory Chocolate Fondue

Apple pie a la Mode

Savarin

Low Fat Tropical Fruit salad

Sugar Fee Swan Chantilly

Day 2

Orange Carpaccio

Shrimp Cocktail

Escargots Bourguignonne

Lobster Bisque

Oxtail Broth

Chilled Golden Pear Soup

Caesar salad

Truffled Wild Mushroom Linguini Alfredo

Golden Sea Bass

Roasted Duck

Eggplant Mozzarella Tower

Filet of Beef

Grand Marnier Soufflé

Double Strawberry Cheesecake

Cherries Jubilee

Low Fat Double strawberry Cheesecake

Sugar Free Coconut Vanilla Layer Cake

Day 3

Exotic Fruits

Crab and Shrimp Salad

Melon Proscuitto

Beef and Veal Tortallacci

Jalapeño Potato Soup

Chicken consommé

Chilled Cranberry and Mango soup

Seasonal Greens

Caesar Salad

Penne Tarantina

Parmesan Crusted Turkey Tenderloin

Slow Roasted Beef Shoulder Fillet

Asparagus and Brie Tart

Cornmeal Dusted Talapia with Japanese ratatouille and garlic wasabi aioli

Choco-Chino Trilogy

BBB

Magic Mango Parfit

Low Fat Exotic Pineapple and Coconut Cake

Steamed Sugar Free Vanilla and Berry Custard

Day 4

Caprese Salad

Antipasti

Scallop Risotto

Creamy Roasted Garlic Soup

Minestrone

Chilled Strawberry Bisque

Insalata Mista

Traditional Caesar Salad

Rigatoni Pasta

Garlic Tiger Shrimp

Chicken Marsala

Vegetarian Chili

Lamb Shank with Rosemary

Warm Chocolate Cake

Raspberry Panna Cotta

Tiramisu

Low Fat Angel Food Cake

Sugar Free Chocolate Mint Cake

Day 5

Sun Ripened Pineapple

Citrus Cured Salmon

Creamed Wild Mushrooms in Puff pastry

Cream of Asparagus

Double Duck Consomme

Roasted Peach Soup

New England Bay Scallops and Ziti

Fisherman’s Plate

Slow Roasted Aged Prime Rib

Asian Fried Tofu

Thai BBQ Chicken Breast

Dessert Sampler

Low Fat Berry Mousse

Sugar Free Red Berry Tart

Day 6

Papaya, Lychee and Water Chestnut Salad

Smoked Salmon Carpaccio

Breaded Mushrooms

Mulligatawny Soup Spicy Indian soup

Shellfish Saffron Consommé

Chilled Orange and Banana Soup

Tomato Salad

Baked Cheese Cannelloni

Pan-seared Tilapia

Asian Duck

Pan-fried Pork Medallions

Wild Mushroom and Goat Cheese Pizza

Chocolate Marquise

Irish Cheesecake

Strawberry Napoleon Puff pastry

Low-fat Peach Cobbler

Sugar-free Lime Basil Parfait

Day 7

Onion Focaccia

Shrimp Ceviche

Curried Vegetable Samosa

Cream of Cauliflower Soup

Beef Consommé

Chilled Blueberry and Yogurt Soup

Boston Lettuce

Papardelle and Fresh Peas

Thai-Style Shrimp

Buttermilk Fried Chicken

Black Angus Sirloin Steak Oscar

Vegetable Pad Thai

Cappuccino Layer Cake

Passion Fruit Meringue Tart

Coconut Parfait

Low-fat Summer Pudding s

Sugar-free Guava Napoleon Puff pastry

Yep. Having just gotten back from the Voyager, I would say that looks right. (I missed the Day 6 menu, though, as we ate at Portofino that night.)

In general, I thought the seafood dishes were very good. BTW, the much-debated "filet of beef" on night 2 was a "chateaubriand" cut, according to our waiter. So it is a cut of tenderloin, but not the filet mignon end of the tenderloin. I thought the slow-roasted beef shoulder on night 3 was more flavorful than the filet of beef, though. I think my favorite entree of those I tried was the garlic tiger shrimp. My favorite appetizer was the curried vegetable samosa. We all have different tastes, but if you like Indian spices, these had a really nice flavor and a spicy kick to them.

Doesnt seem like they really have anything too special for Formal nights?

Looks like the fisherman's platter was a non-formal night? HMMMMM...

I may skip formal and eat at Johnny's instead if that is the case.

:o

Also, does anyone know if they serve one of the main dishes from the dining room in the Windjammer?

They did this on the Rhapsody, so if they do, we can plan accordingly. Especially if we have the 5:30 dinner.

thanks!

Doesnt seem like they really have anything too special for Formal nights?

Looks like the fisherman's platter was a non-formal night? HMMMMM...

I may skip formal and eat at Johnny's instead if that is the case.

:o

Also, does anyone know if they serve one of the main dishes from the dining room in the Windjammer?

They did this on the Rhapsody, so if they do, we can plan accordingly. Especially if we have the 5:30 dinner.

thanks!

For us, on the Jamaica/Cayman/Cozumel itinerary, the formal nights were days 2 and 5 (Monday and Thursday), so the first formal night, they had the filet of beef and second formal night was the fisherman's platter. I'm not sure if the second formal night is on the same day for the other itinerary or not.

BTW, the filet of beef was good, but it was not a steak. It was slices of beef tenderloin. If you're a big eater, you might want to order extra. I tend to like the somewhat smaller portions, as I can try a couple different appetizers, an entree and dessert, without wasting food or feeling like I'm overstuffed. One of our table mates ordered "double meat" on a couple occasions, and they cheerfully complied (and without bringing out an entire second entree plate, just double the portion of meat with the entree).

DH is interested in baked alaska. Did not see that on the menu. So can I safely tell him that it is not served? We want to make reservations for Portofino and he doesn't want to miss the baked alaska.

Yes, you can. We ate at Portofino on Day 6, and looking at the menu above, I don't think we missed anything spectacular. :) Our meal at Portofino was outstanding, too. I love sweets, so the desserts alone were worth it. My wife rated the tiramisu as among the best desserts she's ever had. I had the flourless chocolate cake, which was awesome, as well. Everything was great, though. I also highly recommend the pear and Gorgonzola salad.

Edit: Keep in mind, though, that depending upon the ship and itinerary, the order in which these menus are served may vary.

DH is interested in baked alaska. Did not see that on the menu. So can I safely tell him that it is not served? We want to make reservations for Portofino and he doesn't want to miss the baked alaska.

Baked Alaska is another thing of the past. Our waiter confirmed this during our VOS cruise two weeks ago.

For us, on the Jamaica/Cayman/Cozumel itinerary, the formal nights were days 2 and 5 (Monday and Thursday), so the first formal night, they had the filet of beef and second formal night was the fisherman's platter. I'm not sure if the second formal night is on the same day for the other itinerary or not.

Days 2 and 5 were the formal nights for us on the Roatan itinerary.

Thanks sptrout and makingold

The flourless chocolate cake is THE reason I want to eat at Portofino. The dining room has gone from a regular slice to a teeny tiny bit on the choco trio or something like that.

That littly bitty bit is just enough to aggravate my taste buds:D

They also served us a slice of the flourless choc. cake at the Platinum/Diamond luncheon. It was not dressed up as fancily as in Portofino, but was still excellent. :D The luncheon included three petite appetizers that everyone got: a duck pate' w/ crostini (same stuff they serve as an hors d'ouvre at various functions, but plated elegantly as an appetizer), potato soup w/ a pastry crust in a little demitasse cup, shrimp tempura w/ grilled pineapple. Entree was a choice of filet mignon w/ mushroom sauce or mahi-mahi. Then everyone got the choc. cake for dessert. House wine was included, as well.

Yes, you can. We ate at Portofino on Day 6, and looking at the menu above, I don't think we missed anything spectacular. :)

I had the banana soup, the tomato salad and the canneloni and they were all really good. I'd eat that menu anyway cause it's one I hadn't seen before.

I'd be hard pressed to pick a day to skip cause they took out the one menu I didn't like (the one with the vodka pasta and mahi mahi tempura).

We dined in Portofino's and seriously did not like it. Thought the food ranged from merely okay to downright awful. Was a waste of $60. While the atmosphere and service were exquisite, we much preferred the food in the dining room.

Funny how tastes and experiences can be so different . . . What did you have at Portofino? The basket of bread with various dips was great, especially the roasted garlic. I had the melanzane appetizer and thought it was excellent. My wife and I both had the pear and Gorgonzola salad and were left trying to decide how to best recreate it at home. She had the tiger shrimp entree, and I had the seafood skewer. Both were very well-prepared and tasty. Then the desserts, I thought, were just amazing.

I really enjoyed the dinners in the dining room, too, though.

Funny how tastes and experiences can be so different . . . What did you have at Portofino?

The carpaccio was nasty. Not even close to what carpaccio should be. The mushroom pasta was tasty but way rich. The seafood skewer was previously frozen seafood, over-seasoned and over-cooked. The best thing was the bread, like you said. The desserts were tasty. Jonathan's salad was okay, his pasta was good. It seemed the only thing outstanding was the service.

Thank you again Z for ALL your attention to detail and posting everything. It has been very informative!!

:D :D :D

Funny how tastes and experiences can be so different . . . What did you have at Portofino? The basket of bread with various dips was great, especially the roasted garlic. I had the melanzane appetizer and thought it was excellent. My wife and I both had the pear and Gorgonzola salad and were left trying to decide how to best recreate it at home. She had the tiger shrimp entree, and I had the seafood skewer. Both were very well-prepared and tasty. Then the desserts, I thought, were just amazing.

I really enjoyed the dinners in the dining room, too, though.

Day 4 in the DR has Garlic Tiger Shrimp as one of the entrees, so why would I pay extra?

Mel

Day 4 in the DR has Garlic Tiger Shrimp as one of the entrees, so why would I pay extra?

Mel

Well, it wasn't exactly the same dish as in the dining room, but if that was the only thing that appealed to you at Portofino, you probably shouldn't pay more. It's a very different dining experience, though, and the wife and I just wanted to give it a try. They have a filet mignon that I've heard very good things about, but I didn't try that. Of course, there's filet of beef in the dining room, so why pay more . . . :rolleyes:

Thanks for the new menus, z! Also for the not-so-favorable review of Portofino. We were thinking about trying it on our upcoming cruise but we enjoy the dining room experience so much and the new menus look great. I've always wanted to try Windjammer for dinner too but we have never been able to pull ourselves away from the dining room. :cool:

Count our family in as being very disappointed in Portofino's. We looked so forward to eating their. The service was the best, the food, especially the filet, didn't interest the 5 of us. I actually left hungry since nothing tasted good, complete waste of $100.

Archived