CruiseCal is down- know any other site?

39august

I can get in now using this URL,but when I use just www.cruisecal.com I get this message..

Web Page Unavailable

We're sorry, the web page you are trying to reach is unavailable.

Please contact the website administrator.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kathy, I typed in "www.cruisecal.com" and it automatically went to "www.cruisecal.com/portal"

Not me.........you sure its just not a saved URL(and AOL finishes it for you as you start to type it??)
I think it may be AOL issue. Imagine that?! :p :rolleyes: ;)

In AOL when I just typed "www.cruisecal.com" I got the same error message as you. When I did the same thing in an IE window it automatically went to "www.cruisecal.com/portal"

Couple of weeks ago,everytime I clicked on a website, the screen was all the way over to the right....very irritating to have to "pull" it back over to read it.....

Of course,since AOL is free ,the tech help now costs:mad: ,so i dealt with it for 2 weeks...........finally back to normal..

• 1 month later...

Wow, I'm quite surprised at this. I can tell you, it's plenty hard enough to draw visitors to a web site, even when it's free!

I don't know what has driven Brian to try this new model, but I hope it's not the only alternative that would allow him to continue his page. If it is, then it's certainly only a matter of time until it folds completely. Subscription fees rarely work, especially for information that is only "nice to have" and for which there are ample other sources, even though they may not be as nicely presented.

I'm afraid he's opened a box of worms... he may get a few subscribers, but I think he'll soon be forced to abandon the new fees after 99% of his normal traffic dries up and goes away. But if he reinstates the old free site, his subscribers will want either a refund or some additional service. Messy, and not a good ending in any case.

I could easily be wrong... I guess time will tell.

Theron

went to the site you gave it seems to be uptodate not as nice as cruisecal but its not bad .. i go to cruisecal everyday to see the web cams of the ships and the web cams of the port and to watch the ships sail out of port .. you can watch the ships sail out on the beach cam for fort lauderdale its kind cool i used to live in fort lauderdale so i miss watching the ships .. i wont pay to join cruisecal it seems a bit high just to see what ships are in port thanks the link i love this site come here all the time to read the post i have never been on a cruise but one day im sure i will go enjoy reading everyones post have a great day

steve

went to the site you gave it seems to be uptodate not as nice as cruisecal but its not bad .. i go to cruisecal everyday to see the web cams of the ships and the web cams of the port and to watch the ships sail out of port .. you can watch the ships sail out on the beach cam for fort lauderdale its kind cool i used to live in fort lauderdale so i miss watching the ships .. i wont pay to join cruisecal it seems a bit high just to see what ships are in port thanks the link i love this site come here all the time to read the post i have never been on a cruise but one day im sure i will go enjoy reading everyones post have a great day

steve

This is a great site for cruise related cams.

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/

Hi,

Unfortunately the site is blocked at my work and I do not have access to internet anywhere else. If someone has time could you please look up Adventure of the seas ports and let me know how many and what ships are in port with the Adventure of the Seas.

Aruba April 8

Ceurco April 9

St. Martin April 11 (My B-Day, fingers crossed for no other ships)

St thomas April 12

Thank you so much in Advance

April

Dream41180

Not sure about Aruba or Ceurco.

AOS is the only ship listed for St Martin for the 11th (Happy B-day), Looks like 5 for St Thomas, QE2, Carnival Valor, ROS and Costa's Mediterranea.

Hope that helps

Here is a free website for ships in port. Dont know if its as accurate as cruisecal, but I wont pay for that. If someone who uses cruisecal could let us know if this site is accurate, I'd appreciate it.

http://www.cruisereport.com/PortsOfCallList.aspx#Slist

Just click on the port and hit ships in port.

I was disappointed to find that cruisecal had become a pay sight, but figured these boards would probably help me find another way to get the info I needed. The cruisereport website had just what I was looking for. Thanks so much! :)

Archived