blizzard beach vs. typhoon lagoon

kingtns

Typhoon Lagoon is more tropical with plenty more shade and trees. The wave pool here is MUCH better than the one at Blizzard Beach, if that was something you were looking towards. Also at Typhoon Lagoon you can go snorkling. The rides are pretty similar in comparison. Blizzard beach is made to be more like your in the mountains with snow and you take ski lifts to some of the rides. If I had to choose between the two I would go for Typhoon Lagoon, I just can't get enough of that wave pool!! They are both great though!

I haven't been to either in a long time, but I preferred Blizzard Beach. The slides seemed to have better twists the lines were a little faster (but that could easily have been about the crowds the day I was there). But as Victoria points out, Typhoon lagoon has more variety of attractions. Blizzard Beach is all about the slides.

The wave pool at typhoon lagoon was great, but I was there on a crowded day and the pool was packed. I liked the slides better. One thing that typhoon lagoon has that Blizzard Beach doesn't is a peaceful, relaxing innertube float through a fake rainforest. It was a very nice break.

I agree that both are truly superior water parks, either would be a good time.

Actually, both TL and BB have an innertude "lazy river" type ride. These are my favorite thing to do. Just floating around with the family. We did both this past fall, and my family preferred TL. The big "pool" area of BB actually made my DH a little sea sick. Choppy up and down waves, not like beach type waves at TL.

It's been a few year since we've been to the waterparks - 6 years to be exact, but we loved both of them. At the time our kids were 4, 7, and 10. My husband took the older two on the slides and I stayed with the youngest and did the lazy river around the park, the wave pool, and the kiddie areas. She loved the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon - wore a lifevest of course and I held on tight to her. If I remember correctly, you can only go out so far if you are holding a child. We were able to go out beyond where the waves were "breaking" though and it was great. Overall, both are great!:p :) ;)

we actually liked Blizzard Beach because of the theme. Most of the waterparks where we live in NY tend to make you feel as if you're in a "tropical" setting.

Blizzard Beach has that unique setting of being at a ski resort. This was most welcome since we were in Disney in August and it was very hot and humid, and just looking at the ski lifts and snow covered mountains cooled us off mentally :D

Both are lots of fun, but we also prefer Typhoon Lagoon. If you choose Blizzard Beach bring plenty of sunblock as there are less trees and sheltered areas, and much of the landscape is painted white which can make for quick sunburns. Have fun!

Just a suggestion if you are going in the next few weeks, Blizzard Beach is closed for refurbishing.

They alternate the two parks during the winter months and you risk one or the other being closed and best to check the dates online before making plans.

We loved Blizzard Beach when there and have never been to TL so can't compare

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/parkLanding?id=BBLandingPage

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/parkLanding?id=TLLandingPage

Here are the links to the Disney world website. You can see all the differences there. I am sure either one will be fine. I have been to Typhoon Lagoon only. You also have to check when you are going they do repairs and maintence on these in the fall when they are less used.

WE go to Disney every year and hit the water parks. Like them both- slides are better at BB but TL wave pool is awesome! Get a "plus pass" and try ad do both :) If you go early and off season, you can do every ride at BB by 1PM and then go over to TL :)

I am probably prejudiced since I was on the construction management team that worked on Typhoon Lagoon...but unless you are only interested in the highest fastest slide, then imho TL wins hand downs...no one has mentioned Shark Reef where you can snorkel with nurse sharks or my favorite part of all, go lay in a hammock under the shade of a palm tree!

Clay

I'm a little bias because I worked at Typhoon Lagoon, but I like it there more than blizzard. It's easier to get around the park as it is in a circle and there is great things for kids of all ages!

The wave pool is nice, the wave breaks every 90 seconds as opposed to continuous waves for 5 minutes. The reef is a great experience for kids who know how to swim to be able to snorkle in a closed environment.

Hope you have a great time whichever park you decide!

Both of the water parks are awesome, but if you choose Blizzard Beach, make sure to check out Winter Summerland miniature golf. It is right at the entrance to the water park and has two courses... winter and summer :) It is tons of fun and great after you get done with the water park.

Archived