Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

Luvsdaislands

Hello all,

I am in the middle of picking a cruise for my Family Reunion. I am leaning towards the Carnival Destiny that leaves from Miami with port of calls in Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

I am searching for information about HALF MOON CAY, BAHAMS....can anyone help me with some info. What is there to do there? Is is worth taking this itinerary? etc. etc.

Thanks

Luvsdaislands

I did this itinerary a few years ago on the Fantasy---great if you like water sports and beaches.Half Moon Cay is Holland America's private island in the Bahamas.Since HAL is owned by Carnival,Carnival uses the island too. Half Moon Cay is one of the world's great beaches-IMO.Simply stunning.Lots of beach activites and water sports such as jet skis, snorkeling,sting ray excursions,horse back riding, parasailing,floating matts,scuba diving,etc.I conisder Half Moon Cay to be the best of the cruise ship private islands.Hope this helps.

Hello all,

I am in the middle of picking a cruise for my Family Reunion. I am leaning towards the Carnival Destiny that leaves from Miami with port of calls in Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau.

I am searching for information about HALF MOON CAY, BAHAMS....can anyone help me with some info. What is there to do there? Is is worth taking this itinerary? etc. etc.

Thanks

Luvsdaislands

This was my favorite cruise. Half Moon Cay is absolutely beautiful!!! We took the Eco tour and relaxed on the beach. The water was so clear and sand so powdery. I would love to go back. We also had a great time in Grand Turk and Nassau.

Half Moon Cay is AWESOME! The water is so clear and the sand is like baby powder. Take a box of trix cereal from the buffet and feed the fish from your hand! I love this island and would love to be able to take my son there. We rented jet skiis and went on the back side of the island and it was great. Enjoy yourself:D :D :D Could I come with you?;)

Hello all,

Thanks

Luvsdaislands

Have been to Half Moon 3 times on HAL. here are some pics from a nice lady that cruises HAL alot.......

http://community.webshots.com/user/ziggy638

Go half way down the page and click on the 3 cabanas at HMC shots. About 200 + pics.....

It is a great stop and well worth booking the Destiny. It will give you (with HMC and Grand Turk) and your family a very relaxed no hustle and bustle cruise..........

HMC is our favorite place to go as well as Grand Turk. We are taking the Destiny Cruise in Feb 09 just because of ports we will be visiting. It is so beautiful!!!

We went there on the Triumph. It was the first time for that ship. It took a while to get off because of all the foot and item that has to go to the island before the passengers could get off.

You would really enjoy this island!

This was a very beautiful beach. I have never been to a beach before where I did not have to wear shoes in fear that I would cut myself. The water was so clear I was okay in the water until I saw the fish. I got out because I was scared yes I know I am a big baby.

You will absolutely love this beach I know I did In fact I will be sailing the itineary this December on Destiny.

Archived