Caribbean Princess Webcam - Grand Cayman Relief Effort?

Gaynors

I just looked at the webcam for the Caribbean Princess and it looks like it is near port.. According to the schedule posted on the Princess website it is suppossed to be at sea today??? :confused:

Could this be the relief effort going to Grand Cayman???

Any ideas???

Is that Cayman we are seeing on the cam?

the article said it was bringing the supplies on it's next voyage. I took that to mean not one they were on currently since the story is from today or yesterday.

anyone know?

nice effort by Princess!

Yes... that's Grand Cayman you see in the webcam. Princess is using all of it's tenders to take ashore 150 tons of relief goods. They're supposed to be going round-trip for six hours, non-stop.

WTG, Princess!

Are we taking bets that some passengers will come on the CC boards and complain that since the tenders were going ashore, that they were being deprived of their shore day and they want a check from Princess in compensation? (OK, I guess I'm getting jaded.)

That is just great!

I hope instead of complaining they enjoy a day to relax and maybe start up a cash collection from passengers and send it along with good wishes and a promise to return when they can come ashore!

That is what I would do!

Hope to get there some day and I PROMISE to spend a lot of money! :D

That is just great!

I hope instead of complaining they enjoy a day to relax and maybe start up a cash collection from passengers and send it aside with good wishes and a promise to return when they can come ashore!

That is what I would do!

Hope to get there some day and I PROMISE to spend a lot of money! :D

What a great idea. Lets hope that someone on board has thought the same thing. With apprx 3,000 people at a mere $5 each, that would be a great help to the Caymans Disaster Relief Fund. :)

Way to Go, Princess. ;)

Thanks for a great link Antieann - I can only hope the efforts of the crew who must handload and unload 150 tons of cargo are recognized and rewarded. They are truly going above and beyond the requirements of an already-demanding job. What a great bunch of people.

Huge kudos going out to everyone involved....Princess for coming up with the idea and resources and the crew of the Caribbean Princess for putting in the actual manpower!

Not being funny guys, but stuff like this makes me damn proud to be a loyal Princess passenger

I sure hope not. If someone does, I will not reply to it. Better to just let that thread die. If I were on her, I would offer to help!!! :)
Me too Sue, me too. It would be an honor to be on that ship during that time :)

Great job Princess!!!!

Archived