FV cabins

psheik

We are planning a family reunion on the Constellation and have heard great things about the corner FV cabins. The balconies look huge! We would like to know if the any of the corner FV balconies have a connecting door with the FV balcony next door. We were on Infinity cabin 6144 and our balcony connected with the adjacent royal suite and sky suite balconies.

Please explain: what does FV stand for and explain the cabin to me. I have read may posts about this but still seem to be missing something.

What concerns me is that people have said they have been bumped from this cabin if there are not enough people booked into it. I would like to consider this cabin for myself as my arthritis is getting worse and I'm starting to think about using a scooter for the ship. I would rather save my knees for walking the ports than walking the ship.

Thank You for your info.

Joy

Please explain: what does FV stand for and explain the cabin to me. I have read may posts about this but still seem to be missing something.

What concerns me is that people have said they have been bumped from this cabin if there are not enough people booked into it. I would like to consider this cabin for myself as my arthritis is getting worse and I'm starting to think about using a scooter for the ship. I would rather save my knees for walking the ports than walking the ship.

Thank You for your info.

Joy

FV stands for "Family Verandah." They are balcony cabins that are slightly larger than standard balcony cabins and have beds to sleep five people. They are initially reserved for parties of 5, but if they remain unbooked as the sailing date nears, they are released to smaller parties. It may not be a good choice or someone using a scooter as they are arranged to hold five people so have extra beds / storage areas which may limit the open space in the cabin, and they also are located aft, so they are far away from many of the ship's activities / lounges.

A few cabins down is a handicapped accessible cabin. It is aft and it still has a nice size balcony. It is wider than the standard cabin. I did not see inside but my parents had a handicapped cabin on the Zenith and the bathroom was HUGE big enough for a wheelchair in the shower. Try this one instead. They have a special symbol for the handicapped cabins on the brochures. It is in the middle of the aft cabins.

A few cabins down is a handicapped accessible cabin. It is aft and it still has a nice size balcony. It is wider than the standard cabin. I did not see inside but my parents had a handicapped cabin on the Zenith and the bathroom was HUGE big enough for a wheelchair in the shower. Try this one instead. They have a special symbol for the handicapped cabins on the brochures. It is in the middle of the aft cabins.

I have spome pictures of the aft accessible cabin here:

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/gallery/1402938_npTyY#66395110

There are three of these in the aft - center rooms on 7, 8 & 9th decks. As stated above it is a few feet wider so there is room for a scooter or wheelchair to pass between the bed and the wall, there are ramps over the doorway thresholds to bathroom and veranda, and there are other accessible features for closets and bathroom.

Thank You for your info.

Joy

We had an aft FV last year on the Summitt. My in-laws were on the cruise with us and my father-in-law used a scooter for the first time...that's a whole other story. He couldn't get it through the door into our cabin (7199). He had an accessible cabin midship and had no problem geting the scooter in there.

Regards

THe corner FV is the best. But it is a little different getting into. THere are actually 2 doors, one from the hall that leads into a smaller hall, then a second door into the stateroom itself. And there is a doorbell by the first door. THe second door is there because there are access panels in the hall that allow workers access to the utilities, and they can work on them without gainng access to the actual stateroom. If you look at the deck layout, it actually shows the short hall and you can see why it is there.

We have only sailed t/a on the M class, and you don't see a requirement for family accomidations very often, so we felt quite safe booking that stateroom.

Archived