First time cruising with kids... questions!

Hi,

This will be the first time my fiance and I cruise with his 4 kids. Of course we had to book 2 cabins, each with an adult. When it comes to the actual sleeping and cabin arrangements, my fiance and I wish to be together and the 4 kids together. How do you work out the room key issue? Will they give us extra cards so that the 2 people that will be in the wrong rooms can access their real cabin?

Does Royal Caribbean have any issue with no adults actually staying in the cabin?

Any information would be appreciated. :)

We are booked on the Mariner of the Seas. My wife and I are in one cabin and our 3 children 13,11,& 9 are directly across the hall. I booked this over the phone directly from RCI in fact he told me we could do this as I wasn't sure.

You really don't even need to book each cabin with an adult, if you call on the phone to do it! (They just want to make sure there are adults in charge of the kids, and that an adult isn't just making the reservation for a bunch of young'uns!)

So, no--they don't care who sleeps where!!!!!

Thanks for the responses!

The kids are 15, 13, 11 and 5 and will be in the cabin right next door.

We booked with a "well known" online TA... My fiance did call to book. I wonder if they would allow that. It might be something he could check on. But it's also good to know that getting a new room key at the Guest Relations desk is an easy process.

Thank you!

Make the change now, makes it one less thing to have to change. As long as you are near no adult needs to be booked in the cabin with minors. As a matter of fact, we just found out in the same quadrant is ok, and now we have the kids 5 cabins away from us. At the time of our next cruise in Oct they will be 12 and 13. I did not want to be next to them. We usually do across the hall with us in bal and them in an inside. But this time we decided to cruise a bit cheaper and go for 2 insides. It is a big savings of 485$ which i rather use elsewhere than for the cabin.

Our "well known" online travel agency would not book the cabins without an adult. My fiance called to switch the dates and asked about moving the people around and they said no, an adult must be booked in each cabin. He said he'll call later and try to get a different rep as it seems different reps say different things. And if it can't be changed we'll get the extra keys.

just returned from 5d NOS with a 15, 14, and 11 yr old. All the info already posted is right- I would also suggest going to the guest desk after you board and setting a limit on each child's seapass. The 2 teens are best friends and I was concerned I would end up with a bill of $200 non alcoholci fu fu drinks....

feel free to ask any questiosn...

Jill

• 2 weeks later...
just returned from 5d NOS with a 15, 14, and 11 yr old. All the info already posted is right- I would also suggest going to the guest desk after you board and setting a limit on each child's seapass. The 2 teens are best friends and I was concerned I would end up with a bill of $200 non alcoholci fu fu drinks....

feel free to ask any questiosn...

Jill

That's a good idea. I didn't know we could set a limit so thanks for that tip. :)

Archived