Vancouver Entertainment Coupon Book?

Can someone give me the details of the coupon for the Aquarium. It doesn't show up on the search on the website. I have 2 A and 2 Children..would like to know if it's a 2 for 1 coupon.

I am looking in the 2008 Vancouver book and there is a coupon for the Vancouver Aquarium. It's D12. (One complementary admission with the purchase of an admission of equal or greater value.(not valid in July & August)

I am looking in the 2008 Vancouver book and there is a coupon for the Vancouver Aquarium. It's D12. (One complementary admission with the purchase of an admission of equal or greater value.(not valid in July & August)

scampi;

Wiithout going to a whole lot of trouble do you see any other coupons in your Entertainment Book for attractions that have "black out dates"? I am sure this information would be helpful to people considering the purchase of the book.

Thank you.

scampi;

Wiithout going to a whole lot of trouble do you see any other coupons in your Entertainment Book for attractions that have "black out dates"? I am sure this information would be helpful to people considering the purchase of the book.

Thank you.

Putterdude, no trouble. We're going to be using our Ent. book May 12th-14th so it's good research.

Attractions: Valid Anytime: CN IMAX (except double features); Vancouver Maritime Museum, Museum of Anthropology at the Univ. of British Columbia (excellent museum); Space Centre (not for evening laser shows), Vancouver Museum in Vanier Park; Chinese Cultural Centre Museum on 555 Columbia St.(4 admissions at 50% off); Canadian Museum of Flight in Langley;Capilano Suspension Bridge; Greater Vancouver Zoo in Aldergrove;Stanley Park Horse-Drawn Tours (Operating season from March 1 to Oct. 31); Paddlewheeler Riverboat Tours; Harbour Cruises & Events (during operating season April -October); UBC Botanical Gardens; VanDusen Botanical Gardens; Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden;

Blackout dates: Vancouver Acquarium (excludes July & August); Science World at Telus World of Science (excludes March, December); BC Museum of Mining Natl. Historic Site (during "operating season only" starting in May);BC Forest Discovery Centre (operating season only); Vancouver's Downtown Historic Railway (only Sat & Sun. & holiday afternoons during operating season mid-May to mid Oct.); The Vancouver Trolley Company (excludes July & August);

There are a lot of 2 for 1 admissions to stage, philharmonic, etc. events...

Hope the above helps!

"Vancouver's Downtown Historic Railway (only Sat & Sun. & holiday afternoons during operating season mid-May to mid Oct.)'

UPDATE - I am partially right - it will be limited service - here's a link to the web site:

http://www.trams.ca/dhr/schedule.html

I am not sure that this will be running this year as the road and rail bed is impacted with the building of the athlete's village for the Olympic Winter Games - I bike through the area frequently and the area is all dug up - will try and find out if anything is happening this year - while they could try and shorten the route the storage barn is right in the middle of the construction - these old rail cars bring back memories as they were used on the streets of Vancouver when I was a kid growing up.

Cheers

Dennis

I am looking in the 2008 Vancouver book and there is a coupon for the Vancouver Aquarium. It's D12. (One complementary admission with the purchase of an admission of equal or greater value.(not valid in July & August)[/quote

Thanks Scampi..I'm about to go check the price of the aquarium and maybe I'll be ordering my books.

lkohawaii, You want to order the Vancouver 2008 book. It has Stanley Park & the Aquarium & the other places I listed in the April 18th post.

(The Vancouver Island Ent. book is different & has Victoria, Nanaimo & places mainly on Vancouver Island.)

Thank you Urban Trekker for that information on the Historic Railway.

Margord, There are 2 coupons in the Ent. book for meals in the Pan Pacific Hotel itself: Coupon C149 is for their Cafe Pacifica (2 for 1 entrees up to $19 value)excludes Sunday buffet but includes Italian Opera Buffet Night. Also, there's coupon C133 for the hotel's Cascades Lounge (2 for 1 complementary menu item - $16 value.)

& you're still walking distance to the Fairmont Hotel (900 Georgia St.) to use the Griffins Restaurant coupon. (C147 - $20 value 2 for 1 dinner entrees).

Urbantrekker, how is the food at the KOBE Japanese Steak & Seafood House on Alberni St.? ( With the Ent. card no. 12 there's up to a $34 value) for 2 for 1 dinners. (valid anytime: except Fri. & Sat. seating before 6 p.m. or after 8:30 p.m.)

Margord, There are 2 coupons in the Ent. book for meals in the Pan Pacific Hotel itself: Coupon C149 is for their Cafe Pacifica (2 for 1 entrees up to $19 value)excludes Sunday buffet but includes Italian Opera Buffet Night. Also, there's coupon C133 for the hotel's Cascades Lounge (2 for 1 complementary menu item - $16 value.)

& you're still walking distance to the Fairmont Hotel (900 Georgia St.) to use the Griffins Restaurant coupon. (C147 - $20 value 2 for 1 dinner entrees).

Urbantrekker, how is the food at the KOBE Japanese Steak & Seafood House on Alberni St.? ( With the Ent. card no. 12 there's up to a $34 value) for 2 for 1 dinners. (valid anytime: except Fri. & Sat. seating before 6 p.m. or after 8:30 p.m.)

Thanks, sounds good. Also, there is a coupon for the hop on hop off trolley that would work in June, right?

We are staying at the Pan Pacific. Any suggestion on nice restaurants that are in the Entertainment Book close to the hotel?

Marilee

If I knew the restaurants that were in the Entertainment Book I could probably help but I haven't bought one in years.

We are staying at the Pan Pacific. Any suggestion on nice restaurants that are in the Entertainment Book close to the hotel?

Marilee

There's Heron's at the Fairmont Waterfront across the street (card #47) and Aqua Riva next door (C7).

Rex Rotisserie and Grill (C18) on Dunsmuir (between Burrard and Thurlow - close to the Burrard Skytrain station) is about a 10 minute walk away. And so is Griffins at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver (C147).

There's also the Fish House Restaurant in Stanley Park ($25). The Cannery ($24) also gets good reviews for seafood.

Just to expound on the above post:

• The Fish House in Stanley Park and is about a 30-40 minute walk west of the Pan Pacific. It's in a pretty setting.
  • The Cannery is known for its seafood and views, but I would not recommend you walk to it from the Pan Pacific. Best to take a cab.

You may also try Water Street Cafe (card no.85, B21) in Gastown near the Steam Clock. It's about a 10-15 minute walk east of the Pan Pacific.

Just to expound on the above post:

• The Fish House in Stanley Park and is about a 30-40 minute walk west of the Pan Pacific. It's in a pretty setting.
  • The Cannery is known for its seafood and views, but I would not recommend you walk to it from the Pan Pacific. Best to take a cab.

You may also try Water Street Cafe (card no.85, B21) in Gastown near the Steam Clock. It's about a 10-15 minute walk east of the Pan Pacific.

Thanks for the added information and the web pages.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful idea. I just got my book yesterday. Does anyone have a suggestion on a boat ride/tour using the coupons. There is one that says Horbour Cruises and Events and another that says Vancouver Cruises.com. Any recommendations?

The Kobe is great - getting old - because it is old lol. But the food is really good. And the food prep is fantastic! Lots of fun!

The Osaka is even better but not within walking distance of downtown.

• 2 weeks later...

We are already saving a lot with our book. Using it for C. Suspension Bridge, the Fish House for lunch, Blethering Place in Victoria...

Any suggestions for Restaurants in the area of the Holiday Inn Towers on Howe St @ Helmcken?

Is Aqua Riva within walking distance?

Yes you can walk to Aqua Riva from the Holiday Inn - about seven blocks - Aqua Riva is located next door to Canada Place if that will help you with out any.

As for restaurants near your hotel - you are one block from the entertainment district so most to the eateries are more pub like in atmosphere - if that appeals to you let me know and I will suggest a couple that I frequent as I can see the Holiday Inn from balcony.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived