Afternoon Tea on Days at Sea

They have something in the Windjammer (buffet) that is billed as afternoon tea. I have never had true "afternoon tea", so don't know if this truly is a tea. There is a segment of the salad bar, small sandwiches, stuff to make sandwiches, some sweets, pizza, and a few other items. It's not served in the dining room, just in the buffet.

They have something in the Windjammer (buffet) that is billed as afternoon tea. I have never had true "afternoon tea", so don't know if this truly is a tea. There is a segment of the salad bar, small sandwiches, stuff to make sandwiches, some sweets, pizza, and a few other items. It's not served in the dining room, just in the buffet.

EEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!:eek: (the sound of tires screeching during sudden braking)...

Stop!!! That is not a proper set up for an afternoon tea. We love afternoon tea. It is a very relaxing experience.

(On my knees begging) "RCL, please consider providing a small space for a proper afternoon tea. Please.":)

We were on thr Mariner last June and they did have an afternoon tea one day but I don't remember reading it in the daily update. We just happened to stumble on it, it was wonderful, they made fresh hot waffles while you waited, with many toppings to choose from, various kinds of scones, cookies and yes they had sandwich finings too. But we enjoyed it so much, my son who's not much of an eater ate about 10 waffles and only stopped because he was in distress. When you go on talk to someone to ask them about it and I'm sure they will be able to tell you when it is. The Mariner is a beautiful ship we've sailed on her twice and when we were on it there was a largegroup that goes on it every year since its debut. This year we're going on the Libert because it's my daughter dream ship and we are sailing on for her 16th Birthday. We can't wait to go I hear it's beautiful and lots to do. Enjoy the Mariner - I'm sure you will.

My DH and I had a lovely Afternoon Tea on the Norwegian Sky--that was 8 years ago, don't know if they still offer it. It was wonderful--very formal presentation, and everything tasted fantastic. I remember there was a long line, and only limited availability.

I wish RCCL would offer it too--not something self serve in the buffet, but a really elegant affair with waiters! I seem to remember we had to pay a small fee for NCL's, and I wouldn't hesitate to pay a fee again for a really nice experience.

I hope to someday get to the Empress Hotel in British Columbia for their high tea---I hear it is fabulous!

RCCL used to have fabulous afternoon teas. The Sun Viking, our second and third cruises, had the former pastry chef from the French Embassy in Washington, D.C. Can you say "pastry genius"???? OMG, we have never again in our lives tasted pastries like that!!! Needless to say, the afternoon teas on that ship were phenomenal.

I agree that Cunard can do them right, too. But, the rest of the Cunard experience was not good for us.

I think we had a good one on the Millie, too, last year.

I would love a true afternoon tea to come back.

I hope to someday get to the Empress Hotel in British Columbia for their high tea---I hear it is fabulous!

We had afternoon tea at the Empress in Victoria while on our honeymoon (more to make my mother happy--a little vicarious living). It was very nice but pricey. Fairmont hotels also have nice afternoon teas.

I've enjoyed afternoon tea on different HAL ships, NCL, & Princess. A couple of times on Celebrity, but by invitation at past passengers' events.

RCCL's old Song of Norway offered long ago, but I haven't seen it offered recently on RCCL. I wish RC would bring it back on all ships. :)

We had afternoon tea at the Empress in Victoria while on our honeymoon (more to make my mother happy--a little vicarious living). It was very nice but pricey. Fairmont hotels also have nice afternoon teas.

We had afternoon tea at the Empress in Victoria after our Alaska cruise as well and it was really amazing! You should book it in advance, it is on high demand. I really loved Victoria and Vancouver Island, so pretty.

I hope RC will start to offer this in one of their lounges on sea days on day.

The offer so much food all over the ship, but "real" afternoon tea with sandwiches and pastries would be a very nice touch.

I always write it down on the comment card at the end of the cruise...maybe it will help if others will do this as well.:)

I don't know if any of you belong to the Red Hat Society, but there are a lot of chapters in all states. If you're 50+ you wear purple clothes and red hats (under 50 you wear lavendar clothes & pink hats) and our main objective is attending afternoon tea parties.

We also go to other events, but the teas are always on the agendas. :)

I know I don't remember everything like I used to but we had Afternoon Tea in one of the small lounges on Explorer 2 yrs. ago. Waiters did not have white gloves and there weren't fancy finger foods like Carnival but I'm pretty sure there was an afternoon tea.

DH and I participated in Afternoon Tea on X with a nice couple (she was Russian / he was Indian). We dressed for it and it was wonderful. I am far from the "frills"-type, but it was such a wonderful experience.

Various teas, coffees, and pastries were offered by servers in white gloves. One of the greatest memories of that cruise, other than being w/DH and Baby_G (in utero). I think that she enjoyed it, too.

I would love to see RCCL include that as part of their itin, but I guess you must "pay" for the finer things in life. Once we're diamond, we'll cruise much more on X and I'll be able to share Afternoon Tea with Baby_G.

Lady_G

My DW and I enjoyed a very nice afternoon tea on Freedom's Christmas sailing. I don't know if they offer it every day or every sailing. It was Wednesday's stop in Ocho Rios. We went up to the Olive or Twist for a nice relaxing afternoon cocktail. Just finished the great Margaritas when they began serving tea. Good tea. Nice glass tiered serving trays of little sandwiches. Others with goodies. They served scones with strawberries and cream. Despite the fact we had a late lunch, and were going to Portofino's that night, we ate WAY too much there. It was a nice touch.

Archived