Glory sept 2009 cruise cancelled

ron57nie

I just got word that several cruises in the Sept 2009 time frame have been cancelled. I had booked a couple rooms at an extremely good price and I wondering what will happen to my booking...do I lose it, will carnival honor it in the same time period, does any one have any experience with this.

well I guess the good thing is that that means the conquest should be safe for that month. If our crazy cruise was shut down we'd go nuts.

I'd imagine if they say several weeks and someone can rebook 10-08-09, then it probably starts around mid august, so the 05-09 should be safe. I imagine it's good planning to do this during hurricane season for these caribbean ships.

We got a call just today that our September 26, 2009 cruise must be rebooked. We can rebook for the cruise imemdiately after the dry dock (October 3, 2009), but were told the rate will be $10 pp higher...???

I don't know if booking the first cruise after drydock is a good idea. I read somewhere that this is the cruise to avoid if possible in case anything done in drydock comes up short or fails to operate properly.

We got a call just today that our September 26, 2009 cruise must be rebooked. We can rebook for the cruise imemdiately after the dry dock (October 3, 2009), but were told the rate will be $10 pp higher...???

I think Id be calling and asking for them to match the price I booked at too. Seems only fair.

The info i got was it was for 2 weeks starting Sept 19, but all i got was a voicemail saying it was cancelled and to call. I left a message and did not get a call back. I booked with a online travel agent and she left the impression that they would try and work with the customer but when I called Carnival direct they were not very helpful and in fact rather discouraging regarding letting us go for the same price. Of course I didn't push it since they make you deal directly with the travel agent you initially booked with. I reserve judgment til Monday but i am nervous about my chances.

I just did a search on Travelocity and there is no Glory Cruises after the 12th of September. So must be in drydock as mentioned from the 19th until the 3rd.

They should forsure let you book for the same price!! I mean what is $10 to Carnival? Thats just insane if they do not. Good luck!

I just did a search on Travelocity and there is no Glory Cruises after the 12th of September. So must be in drydock as mentioned from the 19th until the 3rd.

They should forsure let you book for the same price!! I mean what is $10 to Carnival? Thats just insane if they do not. Good luck!

That doesn't make any sense at all. :confused: I just checked my friend's website (who is a Travel Agent) and the have a few cruises in September/October 2009 for the Glory. They are:

Eastern Caribbean: September 12th and 26th

October 10th and 24th

Western Caribbean: September 5th and 19th

October 3rd, 17th and 31st

And yes, they should re book you at the same price!! It's not your fault that it was cancelled and you didn't cancel it yourself. I wish you the best of luck!! :D

I did another search on Expedia and same thing, only the 5th and the 12th come up!

Do you mean the 5th of September and the 12th of October? :confused:

Hmmm, I just took a closer look at what the PVP is offering, and I'm glad I did! We originally booked the eastern caribbean for 09/26/09 ($719/pp). He is offering to rebook for the western caribbean, which is NOT what we want. The next available date for what we want is 10/16/09, at $839/pp. So I will definitely be calling Carnival to get the booking straight and hopefully try for a better rate. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for a free cruise or half off or anything like that. But I did book this about a month ago, in large part because of the very affordable rate.

I don't know if booking the first cruise after drydock is a good idea. I read somewhere that this is the cruise to avoid if possible in case anything done in drydock comes up short or fails to operate properly.

I have also done a cruise right before a drydoc, NOT a good idea either.

There is not any information the Carnival website regarding any of this is there? How would someone find this out?

You can usually figure it out if there's a gap in the schedule which is how we figured out we were going on Fantasy in '05 just a short time after drydock. Unless a ship is changing homeports, there is usually no gap time in their schedules.

Archived