Fuel payback not OBC/havnet sailed yet..

I just called RCCL to find out why the negative balance was off my payment summary i sail may 4th 08.. was paid in full. they said it would not be an on board credit, that it was put back on my cc card.. he even checked with his supervisor.. so i still have not seen it show up on atm cc card..

any one else have this happen ?

thank you

I also paid off my cruise in Feb 08 and called RCCL yesterday. I was told that I would get an onboard credit. I have checked my account/reservation on the website and it doesn';t show any type of credit..

When I called RCCL..the man I spoke with didn't even take any of my cruise info/name etc. He just answered the question fast...kindof like he had been answering the same questions all day.....poor customer reps...

Is there someplace else on the RCCLK website I could check for a credit onmy cruise? I looked under "my reservation" and saw no credit.

tHANKS,

I am wondering also if there is another place to check. I read on another post that they add OBC after you board and to check your statement daily. Then if it doesn't show up check further. This is not going to make or break my cruise, but it would be nice for RCCL to put out a statement to tell those expecting a OBC how it will work and what to expect.

Just looked at my statement again. The -50.00 is gone. The statement is still on their website though, it's part of the pop up grey/red box. Hopefully, I'll have the 50.00 obc when I get there.

Generally speaking, an OBC does not show up on your pre-cruise billing or summary. It should be showing on your onboard account after you sail.

If you booked through a TA, s/he should be able to check to see if it is showing in the records.

i called my bank where my debt /cc card is from they said a 70.00 credit is there it will post Monday in my account. so we have not sailed yet were paid in full before nov 16 and we got a pay back not on OBC

Hope this helps any one besides me who was wondering:D

I would actually rather have the onboard credit, than to have it posted back to my credit card. It was a double point item when I paid it, if they credit it back, I am afraid I will lose the 280 points as well. :)

i called my bank where my debt /cc card is from they said a 70.00 credit is there it will post Monday in my account. so we have not sailed yet were paid in full before nov 16 and we got a pay back not on OBC

Hope this helps any one besides me who was wondering:D

If you were paid on full before November 16th then you should not have paid the surcharge anyway:confused:

I just paid my balance today through my travel agent. The total still included the fuel surcharge. I booked long before Nov 16th, and sail on June 4th. So unlike some posters, my surcharge was not yet removed. I hope it appears as an OBC, but I'll have to wait and see.

We just came off the Brilliance yesterday and we received an onboard credit for the full amount paid as the fuel supplement along with a letter of explanation. Funny enough we were given two tote bags as a token gift for having to pay the supplement early in the cruise. At least we didn't have to return them:)

quote from uksimonusa

"If you were paid on full before November 16th then you should not have paid the surcharge anyway"

actually we did indeed pay the fuel charge and were paid of before the 16 of nov

"For US & Canadian bookings, the fuel supplement applies to all reservations created on or after November 16, 2007"

Is that "paid off" before November 16th? Or you had deposited and paid in full in February, like the rest of us with April cruises? :confused:

I have a theory now....the fuel surcharge was actually deducted from our balcony discounts and coupon. We did not really pay it "out of pocket", RCCL just reduced the amount of our eligible discounts. I wonder if that has something to do with receiving OBC vs receiving an actual refund on a future cruise? :)

I just called RCCL to find out why the negative balance was off my payment summary i sail may 4th 08.. was paid in full. they said it would not be an on board credit, that it was put back on my cc card.. he even checked with his supervisor.. so i still have not seen it show up on atm cc card..

any one else have this happen ?

thank you

Same thing happened to me. Last week I had the $70 credit on my RCCL payment record and then yesterday it was gone. I called RCCL C&A number and the very nice woman checked my reservation and said it was credited back to my credit card on the 13th of this month. We're not sailing for another 3 weeks so I should see the statement and the credit before we leave.

Also, since we have 100+ shares of RCCL stock and just found out that we can also get a cruise credit for that, since I had such a nice rep. on the phone, I inquired on that and was told it was on my reservation record and to check in our room when we board for a notice saying that but if we don't have any indication, check with the purser. I got an email confirming the room credit and the rep. said to bring a copy just in case. She did say it would not be indicated on my payment or on line info.

I am guessing that you submitted the information for the stockholder's credit and received the confirmation email. There won't be a notice in your stateroom....it will/might show up on your TV account in your stateroom...if that is what she meant. It depends on what ship you are on, not all of them have TV account access. :)

I don't know why some people are getting refunds then, ours still shows the (-$140) which would be OBC.

We booked our cruise last April, for our Oct 11, 2008 Hawaii Cruise. On my call in thru my TA for, the next to final payment, I had them include half the Fuel Surcharge, then to learn it was being dropped. However my TA informed me I would still go ahead and pay the other $70 then I would get $ 140 OBC. That doesn't make sense why I would have to pay the other $70.

You're right...that doesn't make any sense. Since you are well before any required final payment...it should have just been deducted from your amount owed. And the $70 you have already paid should just be credited towards your final. :rolleyes:

You're right...that doesn't make any sense. Since you are well before any required final payment...it should have just been deducted from your amount owed. And the $70 you have already paid should just be credited towards your final. :rolleyes:

pbhunt, I will call RCL tomorrow and ask them, even though I am going thru my TA. Our final payment is Aug 2, 2008 but will make final payment probably end of May or June.

booked. According to the RCI website in one of the staterooms we have the -$50 credit and on the other one a $0.00 balance. There is nothing creditied back to my bank account. Who knows what the hay is going on. We sail enchantment tomorrow so I guess I will find out soon enough.

Where do you look for your Acct. If I am thru my TA will that not be shown, all I find is my booking information. Called RCL, since I did pay half the Fuel Surcharge, I should go ahead and pay the balance upon final payment then I will receive the $140 as OBC. I guess they want to use my $$

Archived