What is your favorite reminder smell?

newbie2cruise

MY sis, like many of you is being blown away in SArasota, and IM the one who's car broke down last week. I thought I would like to read some good memories about what smells back home remind you of your cruise.

I have a victoria secret lotion that I bought just prior to our Glory cruise, which I have next to my computer. Every time I use it, I feel like I am back on the ship.

SO what is your favorite smell Reminder (besides alcohol :)

Last cruise on the Voyager I always managed to get in the elevator with the same couple who took baths in her perfume...so whenever I smell that perfume it reminds me of my last cruise. I dont know what it is...(and its not a pleasant scent either..so ya know I dont get to smell it that often)

Last cruise on the Voyager I always managed to get in the elevator with the same couple who took baths in her perfume...so whenever I smell that perfume it reminds me of my last cruise. I dont know what it is...(and its not a pleasant scent either..so ya know I dont get to smell it that often)

I hate the Bathers!! I have asthma and they kill me,, nothing like being about to "taste" the perfume in the air!

I thought I was dingy because I have a special smell that brings me back to cruising,

About a month pre cruise, my daughter and I go to Victoria Secret. We purchase the Dream Angels "HEAVENLY" body wash!! That begins the memories from last cruise. Really get excited in the planning.

Its used the entire time we are cruising.

Once the cruise is over, it helps with being bummed out. Just hop in the shower and I'm back on the high sea's.

Thank God the "CANES" may be over.

Madelaine

I mainly iron at home, but use that spray wrinkle releaser stuff onboard because I wear a lot of T-Shirts and it is faster and easier than using my smuggled travel iron. So, whenever I use it at home through the year, I remember my cruise. Not an intentional thing....just happens to remind me of cruising!

Suave Cocoanut scented body wash like I found in the shower dispenser on the Triumph last year. :D I bought some of it in anticipation of my next cruise. I don't think the Sensation has the body wash dispensers in the shower, but it will always be MY cruise scent. :D

There is a distinct smell of sewage when you pass under a bridge on the way to our mall...and that always takes me back to the good ol' memories we made on the Holiday. There's nothing like the smell of bad poo to bring back that cruise craving.....

Or, for those with a weak stomach, i'll agree with the above posters and go the tanning lotion route...that's always a safe bet.

P.S. For those who don't know me, I am truly a die hard Holiday fan...love that ship!!!

After swimming with the dolphins.... the most memorable experience of my life, next to getting married and giving birth 3 times....... there was a distinct smell of the fish bait that was fed to the dolphins!!!!! At the time it was so smelly, I couldn't wait to wash my suit and get a fresh carnvial towel....But as soon as I got home and fed the fish, I realized that the fish tank odor reminded me of swimming with the dolphins in Chakanaab Lagoon!

I would have to say sewage as well. When we were on the Sensation that is all we smelled in our hallway. Brings back bad memories!

We cought a few bad whiffs ourselves. I thought "hey they were right, it does stink" It was just for a minute for us passing by certain doors on the deck 2 on glory. Oh well, I went was the action was!

Archived