Looking for a good eyecream

satchiesmom

I swear by good ol' Oil of Olay or "Oil of Old Lady" as my hub calls it! LOL! I get both the regular cream in the jar and the oil-free lotion in a pump. I keep them both in the fridge! I dot the cream under/around my eyes and the rest goes over that plus everywhere else-entire face, neck, decolletage area. It's cheap and it works great so far. I'm 38, been using O of O since I was about 18 in different forms and different ways. I still get carded so I guess it's working!

OK Ladies, I know you can help me. I'm looking for a really good eye cream for under $50. Anybody have any suggestions - what's your favorite?

Susan

I honestly don't know how anyone can possibly give you a recommendation without any knowledge of your skin condition, problems, issues.

What kind of skin do you have? Dry? Oily?

Approx age?

What are your issues? Sunken in around eyes or under-eye puffiness?

Are you looking to get ride of fine lines? Wrinkles?

Looking to get rid of under eye darkness?

Do you have allergies?

Are you looking for a little lift of the upper eye lid?

Are you willing to buy 2 products - one for night and one for day w/ SPF?

Eye Cream is not a one-size-fits-all and what works well on one person may do nothing, or even make matters worse for another.

Sort of like asking, I want to go on a cruise. Which one is the best? :)

I have to agree with Jane110. Everyone here is well meaning, but how can they possibly know what is best for your particular skin?

There is nothing that beats the advice of a professional, whether it is an esthetician, a dermatologist or even a highly trained salesperson behind the counter.

Professional advice may seem to be over the top to some (I've been criticized for recommending it in the past :rolleyes: ) but in the long run can save you time, money and frustration.

So, by all means, read what others recommend, just keep in mind that they are only able to tell you what has worked best for their skin.

I use Exuviance, hydrating lift eye complex, which sells at Ulta for $25.00. I also use

Olay products, as my own skin is fair (I'm a redhead even at 65 years old!) and very

sensitive. I have very few crow's feet or wrinkles. This cream is great....very light

and a little also goes a long way. It absorbs quickly and you only use a very tiny amount.

This works on all skin types. I have tried very expensive creams and this actually works

for me. I also have allergies....which this cream does not affect or make any worse.

Joanne:)

Clinique has an eye cream called All About Eyes is will address puffiness, dryness, and dark circles, they have 2 differant formulas 1 is for very dry skin the other for regular or oiley skin, it is not recomended to put spf around the eye area and nerver leave it on your face when you sleep.

Hope this helps you and I think a cruise does wonders for the eye area and every other part of the body,

She just asked what our favorite was. I'm sure she's smart enough to know that what is good for one is not best for all. Give the woman some credit.

Thank you Jungle Jane! I never thought I would get criticized for asking a simple beauty question, geez!!:eek: I just wanted some simple suggestions. Thanks to all of you who gave those:D !

Susan

Well, it's usually true that the better the question, the better the responses, but if you just want to know what I use--I use Clinique All About Eyes. When I travel, I bring a Kiehls ultramoisturizing eye stick with an spf of 30.

I'm 34, have great mostly normal skin with no allergies, some lines starting, and cross fingers very little sun damage.

Thank you Jungle Jane! I never thought I would get criticized for asking a simple beauty question, geez!!:eek: I just wanted some simple suggestions. Thanks to all of you who gave those:D !

Susan

Yeah, it's crazy, seems like the same 1 or 2 always jump all over you for not phrasing your question to their liking, and go on in their I'm-so-much-better-than-you-way. What-ev! Life is too short to be so nit picky!

Have you tried the cosmetics/skin care counter at your local JCPenny or Macy's or whatever you have where you are? They can give you advice and samples, and even tho' that stuff can be pricey I know a little goes a long way. If/when the O of O stops working for me that's where I'll go!!

Good luck in your quest for a new eye cream!

Being a beauty product junkie, I spend a lot of time at Sephora, Nordstrom and Macy's beauty and frangrance counters. I've also used products recommended by my dermatologist. Some of them work, some of them don't, and some of them irritate my skin, including some of the ones prescribed or recommended by the dermatologist. I also like good old fashioned O of O products, Philosophy, and Estee Lauder. I just wanted to try something new and thought this would be a good place to ask for recommendations. I used Clinique products for years, maybe I will try the All About Eyes.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I appreciate the help.

Susan

spartygrad,

I second Jungle Jane, you ARE so metro!!!! Are you a MSU grad? That's where I went to school, and met my husband. Of course dinosaurs roamed the earth and we actually had a winning football team at that time!:D Also grew up in your area - Auburn Hills.

Susan

Susan

No one was criticising you at all, merely making suggestions. I find it so odd to think that some people will read negative tone into posts (not saying that's what you did). If you try every brand here that is mentioned, you may spend hundreds and not find what works for you. Even if it's loved by a dozen different people.

MY suggestion and others have nothing to do with a persons intelligence, only just being realistic and helpful. You can have 30 people respond and have 30 different opinions and mine is just that you may receive more valuable advice from a professional other than people who cannot see you and do not know you nor your skin type. Sorry that it was taken in any other light.

Best of luck to you in your search.

Yeah, it's crazy, seems like the same 1 or 2 always jump all over you for not phrasing your question to their liking, and go on in their I'm-so-much-better-than-you-way. What-ev! Life is too short to be so nit picky!

Have you tried the cosmetics/skin care counter at your local JCPenny or Macy's or whatever you have where you are? They can give you advice and samples, and even tho' that stuff can be pricey I know a little goes a long way. If/when the O of O stops working for me that's where I'll go!!

Good luck in your quest for a new eye cream!

You have gotten me so completely wrong, if you are referring to me. Not a nice thing to do at all.

OK Ladies, I know you can help me. I'm looking for a really good eye cream for under $50. Anybody have any suggestions - what's your favorite?

Susan

Susan, I have been using Victoria Jackson cosmetics (yes, the infomercial one) for almost 19 yrs. I love, love, love their moisturizer. You can slather it on thick and it soaks in, it isn't greasy at all. I am 47 and honestly I have very few lines on my eyes. And I only moisturize once a day. They have eye cream too. You can google the name and find the website. If you order over a certain amount, you can save money. I swear by this product. It's about $16.95, I think.

Jenny

You have gotten me so completely wrong, if you are referring to me. Not a nice thing to do at all.

Nope, totally not you :)

The thing that I think is totally not nice to do is to come down so hard on someone who is just asking a question-I've been on the receiving end of this person's harshness and they tend to make ppl feel like a jerk for asking a question or for the answer they give. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this person seems think their answers are IT and have no tolerance for anyone else's point of view! It obviously happened to this poster and I've seen the guilty party come across quite harshly to other posters simply asking questions as well as giving their opinion. That, IMO is not a nice thing to do at all.

Again, not at all referring to you. I'm quite sure the guilty party know well who they are b'c I'm quite sure they enjoy trying to make others feel like a jerk. I have just added this mean person to my ignore list, something I've never done before. Makes me sick to think ppl come here for friendly Q & A and get nasty mean answers.

Not a nice thing to do at all.

I am done with this topic, on to more pleasant things :)

spartygrad,

I second Jungle Jane, you ARE so metro!!!! Are you a MSU grad? That's where I went to school, and met my husband. Of course dinosaurs roamed the earth and we actually had a winning football team at that time!:D Also grew up in your area - Auburn Hills.

Susan

Yes, class of '95. I am not "Metro". Just in tune with my feminine side or something. Plus im vain.

Archived