All Things Freedom of the Seas!

I noticed tchrmom that you mentioned you stayed at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach before. We have reservations there because of the location to the beach? We're renting a car so do not need long term parking. Is this hotel acceptable? Thanks!

I noticed tchrmom that you mentioned you stayed at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach before. We have reservations there because of the location to the beach? We're renting a car so do not need long term parking. Is this hotel acceptable? Thanks!

Yes.........we found it to be nice, clean....nothing fancy.....but acceptable. HOWEVER.......we have not stayed there for a couple of years.......but only because we were trying the Sheraton, Country Inn and suite, and the Radission. Based on my prior experience, I would have no problem going back.

Edited by tchrmom

We have some friends who are going on this FOS in May and wanted to know what the cabins are like in the Promande?

Are they big? can you see anything differently there?

What is the reason for the Promanade?

Ok, we are also doing this ship in the end of May not the same time as our friends... but If I buy a soda tickets for unlimited will that include to get Gingerale, and also Juices?

thanks Red:D

We had a promenade cabin and thoroughly enjoyed it. You can see pics of it and the view from our window in our review on our website www.thepreismans.com .

We had a promenade cabin and thoroughly enjoyed it. You can see pics of it and the view from our window in our review on our website www.thepreismans.com .

Wow excellent pictures and reviews on your web site. As we are going on Freedom of the seas in July, I particulary looked at that review. Very nice indeed. Based on what I knew I think freedom is going to be an easy ship to get around, It's so much like Mariner of the Seas in layout and as I loved that ship, I am sure I will love Freedom.

Thanks for the work you did on that web site.

David

Stayed at the Hampton last fall. Enjoyed the stay quite a bit. Found the bed to be most comfortable. Would not hesitate to book with them again.

:)

We have some friends who are going on this FOS in May and wanted to know what the cabins are like in the Promande?

Are they big? can you see anything differently there?

What is the reason for the Promanade?

Ok, we are also doing this ship in the end of May not the same time as our friends... but If I buy a soda tickets for unlimited will that include to get Gingerale, and also Juices?

thanks Red:D

I just got back from a PR cabin. I'll post some pictures when I have the time.

Wow excellent pictures and reviews on your web site. As we are going on Freedom of the seas in July, I particulary looked at that review. Very nice indeed. Based on what I knew I think freedom is going to be an easy ship to get around, It's so much like Mariner of the Seas in layout and as I loved that ship, I am sure I will love Freedom.

Thanks for the work you did on that web site.

David

Yes, the Freedom class is laid out just like the Voyager class.

Hey all! I had to chime in since Freedom is my absolute favorite ship (well so far)

Here is a link to the Freedom Gallery

http://www.freedomoftheseasmedia.com/gallery.php

Here is the link to the Freedom interactive website

www.freedomoftheseas.com

I have all kinds of pics from Freedom. We stayed in GS 1298 if anyone needs pics of that.

Thanks for the pics.

Can you tell me, were there any noise issues in GS 1298? Have read that it can be a problem in some of the rooms below the pool area, etc.

Thanks,

TnT

Promenade cabins are small. They are like an inside cabin. The object was to make another class of cabins with a "view". Caution....the cabins across the promenade can see right in your cabin. We ended up keeping the curtains closed the whole trip. So, an inside cabin. You can see the opening and closing parades from your window and the window seat really is lovely to relax in. Don't worry about the noise. They must be very well insulated.

The soda cards don't really pay unless you drink a lot of soda. Note: the soda card sodas are fountain drinks, not cans. The last time we cruised I think a can of soda was $1.25 (I could be wrong). Since my son only drinks one a day, it didn't pay to buy a soda card.

Hope this helps!

Just off the FOS which returned 4/19. Boat is amazing. I was asked to get 2 pieces of information...

1) DECT Phones - FOS stopped the DECT phones about 3-4 months ago. I got this information from guest relations. Many were using walkie talkies which worked well.

2) JOGGING TRACK - The jogging track on deck 12 is 4.5 laps to 1 mile.

I have all the compasses and will scan and post (trying to do it this evening). If anyone has specific questions, I will try to answer.

Just off the FOS which returned 4/19. Boat is amazing. I was asked to get 2 pieces of information...

1) DECT Phones - FOS stopped the DECT phones about 3-4 months ago. I got this information from guest relations. Many were using walkie talkies which worked well.

2) JOGGING TRACK - The jogging track on deck 12 is 4.5 laps to 1 mile.

I have all the compasses and will scan and post (trying to do it this evening). If anyone has specific questions, I will try to answer.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the walkie talkies are the way to go.

Bobkat,

Glad you had a great time. Did you try the MTD? Also how was the food and shows? I would appreciate any useful info you can pass on. Can't remember if you went eastern or western carribbean? Thanks.

Judy

I was on the western. The food was good but not as good as when we were on the Serenade. Chops was fantastic. Portofino a close second. We ate breakfast in the Windjammer every morning and they had a good selection for breakfast. Sorrento's and Promenade cafe were great for snacks/pizza. The service in the dining room was better than the food. I would rate the service 5 stars (out of 5) and the food 3 1/2 to 4 stars in the dining room. The Venetian feast (italian) was the best food in the dining room. The ice show was fantastic. The welcome aboard show and farewell show were very good. Richard Spacey is a great cruise director.

The comedy was also good. We didn't go to two of the production shows.

Bingo has gotten very expensive to play.

I was on the western. The food was good but not as good as when we were on the Serenade. Chops was fantastic. Portofino a close second. We ate breakfast in the Windjammer every morning and they had a good selection for breakfast. Sorrento's and Promenade cafe were great for snacks/pizza. The service in the dining room was better than the food. I would rate the service 5 stars (out of 5) and the food 3 1/2 to 4 stars in the dining room. The Venetian feast (italian) was the best food in the dining room. The ice show was fantastic. The welcome aboard show and farewell show were very good. Richard Spacey is a great cruise director.

The comedy was also good. We didn't go to two of the production shows.

Bingo has gotten very expensive to play.

BobKat-

Are you going to post a full review too? And menus? Thanks so much for the info so far! I keep checking back for the compass postings

What night was the Venetian Feast? Do you remember if there was Risotto on the menu any nights?

thanks!

Thanks for the great info. What excursions did you do and where they worth it?? Love to see the menus and hear your trip report as well as seeing what activities are being offered on board. The one question I had is about the cost of beef in the regular dinning room. ARe you able to get it or does it cost for any beef in the regular dinning room?? I know Chops the meat is more, do you have menus for either special resturants?

How expensive is bingo??

Where there things you wished you had packed and forgot?? ARe there clothes washers on board and where and how much.

Did you happen to order room service??

I just want to hear it all we go on the Nick Cruise in Aug, but it will run similar to this cruise.

Did they close the kids program during dinner.

Hope you can answer them all can't wait to see your pictures .

Thanks

Yes - I plan to do a full review as soon as I get it completed. I started and its quite long.

The venetian feast was on Day 3 (the day we were in Labadee). There is a risotto appetizer one night and a risotto dinner another. I ordered the appetizer risotto and it was delicious. The night they had the risotto dinner I believe we ate at Portofino's.

I did not take pictures of the menus as they were the standard 7 day menu's you can find on other threads on the boads.

I will try to get the scanned compasses online either tonight or tomorrow.

I hear of folks talking about renting something like a phone?? I am going on FOS in Aug and wondered what this is all about where I get it and how much is it. If I bought a regular walkie talkie would it work??

Also the computer lab does it cost??

Shampoo and stuff no longer in bottles to take?? What do you get in your room for fun things, ie shampoo and soap any pictures??

Thanks

We are going on the Nick Cruise I wondered where folks might have posted menus for the 7 day. Does it matter if it is easter or western?? Same menu?

Is there a place to do laundry on board?? Cost??

What do you all know about the upcharge for steak in the regular dinning room??

Anything you really enjoyed doing or seeing on the FOS??

We go to ST Thomas, Porto Rico, their island and Nassu Bahamas.

Please someone tell me about excursions good and bad. My hubby, son who is 10 and myself.

Thanks

We did an RCI excursion in Jamaica (Green Grotto Caves/Dunn's river falls). We enjoyed the excursion and felt it was worth the cost. I highly recommend Dunn's River Falls - it's beautiful.

There is some sort of beef in the dining room every night. I saw prime rib, filet mignon, ny strip etc. You can order a filet from Chops while in the dining room any night for a fee of $14.95.

I didn't get the menu's as they can be found on many other threads on this board. The Preisman's have a great site which has a bunch of information on the western caribbean. thepreismans.com

They have electronic bingo machines now that have 3 times more cards than the paper packages. The paper packages were $48 and the machines were $55. On the last night for the jackpot, the paper was $52 and the machine $67.

I did not forget to pack anything. I also packed right this time, had enough clothes, didn't overpack and used all but one shirt. There is no washers/dryers that you can use. They do have wash and fold service for a fee by item. One day they offer a bag for $20 total that can be filled with socks, underwear, shorts, t-shirts, bathing suits.

We ordered room service for breakfast the last sea day morning. The food was actually hotter than what we got in the windjammer.

We traveled with children over 12. Their programs really were not too structured. They had a lot of free time unlike the goups under 12. The kids compasses did show that the kids were with their parents most nights but they did do a kids dinner at least one night that I knew of.

Forgot to mention that we did a private excursion with shortrips run by Wild Tours. It was an ATV Ride/Beach snorkel. The ATV ride was great. True 4-wheeling. The beach was small and the undertow was too strong to snorkel. It was a good tour and would recommend.

Thanks for all the great info you posted. So you can order a prime rib in the regular dinning and not pay for it?? What were you paying 14.95 for beef in the main dinning room??

Room service is free except after midnight?? What is on their menu for that.

they have steak every night in the dinning room at no charge. the steak that is 14.95 is for a better cut of beef.

room service is no charge before the late hours. you should still tip the person who brings it to your room in the morning.

Edited by balcony4u

Do you know what is on the room services menu. Is there a place to see that.

So the free beef is still good?? Like prime rib??

Are there any recent post about people liking certain excursions?? I would like to start booking for the Western Caribean???