All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Our E1 balcony was a perfect size. We had two chairs, a little table and I always put the glass table out there for a nice little table, and still plenty of room. I think there is a pic in my pic review on this board.

Can anyone verify who has recently traveled if they still provide pool towels in a grand suite.

On the other "suite" thread, it states that on some ships this service has been suspended.

Thanks

Sue and crew

I was in a Grand Suite on the Mariner of the Seas in December and we were provided fresh pool towels on a daily basis... we just threw our dirty ones on the bathroom floor each morning as we departed our cabin.

Can anyone verify who has recently traveled if they still provide pool towels in a grand suite.

On the other "suite" thread, it states that on some ships this service has been suspended.

Thanks

Sue and crew

We had a grand suite on the April 15th sailing and yes, we had 4 pool towels in our room and when we used then, SA would replace them. We had cabin 1564.

Ours was changed back in March. We were told it was because the ship was sold out. It was no biggie to us.
Our cruise for Sept is not near sold out and they changed it. I called RCI and CC to complain and their answer was they would accomadate us at 6:00.MTD is closed.:(

Hi everyone - Has anyone done the mystery dinner theatre on the Freedom? We have not done this yet and sounds like something fun.

I'm interested to know, too. It's in Portofino?

We (Fam of 4) are murder mystery buffs and love to go to them. Sadly FOS was a huge disappointment for us. It was hard to hear them they didn't have sound equipment just talked loudly. It starts in a bar then progesses to Portofinos. The menu is set you get maybe 2 choices if I remember correctly. The acting was HORRIBLE it was nothing like any murder mystery i've been to b/4 and we've been to MANY.

The other down side was it took place during the Welcome Aboard Show so we missed that and from what people were saying it was AWESOME.... After $200 spent on this our entire group felt it was a total waste.

Hope this helps some... Of course there are others out there that think it's GREAT but you will find more negative than positive reviews if you search :)

We (Fam of 4) are murder mystery buffs and love to go to them. Sadly FOS was a huge disappointment for us. It was hard to hear them they didn't have sound equipment just talked loudly. It starts in a bar then progesses to Portofinos. The menu is set you get maybe 2 choices if I remember correctly. The acting was HORRIBLE it was nothing like any murder mystery i've been to b/4 and we've been to MANY.

The other down side was it took place during the Welcome Aboard Show so we missed that and from what people were saying it was AWESOME.... After $200 spent on this our entire group felt it was a total waste.

Hope this helps some... Of course there are others out there that think it's GREAT but you will find more negative than positive reviews if you search :)

We have done the Murder Mystery most recently on the VOS. I wasn't that thrilled with it. I will be on FOS in a month. My question is do you recommend that I cancel now and have dinner elsewhere and go to the Welcome aboard show?

p

Edited by endymion6942

We have done the Murder Mystery most recently on the VOS. I wasn't that thrilled with it. I will be on FOS in a month. My question is do you recommend that I cancel now and have dinner elsewhere and go to the Welcome aboard show?

p

Most definately cancel the murder mystery and see the Welcome show.... Portofina's is nice but this next cruise we are going to try Chops.

Most definately cancel the murder mystery and see the Welcome show.... Portofina's is nice but this next cruise we are going to try Chops.

I will tell my boss (DW) and show her the posts.

You really don't think she allows me to make the decisions, do you?:rolleyes::D

I will tell my boss (DW) and show her the posts.

You really don't think she allows me to make the decisions, do you?:rolleyes::D

You sound like my hubby LOL I try to let him make decisions but he always tells me to decide hmmmppphhh

If it's anything like the one on Mariner a few years ago, it will be hideous. I felt like a hostage for 3 hours. Granted, I went under duress. I work in entertainment and the last thing I want to see on a vacation is anything to do with actors! :D But the quality of the "performances" was akin to a 4th grade talent show. Excruciating.

just my 2 cents.

I am looking for the compasses for the Western. Everytime I search I find old ones. Are they pretty much the same as a year ago?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? We are sailing in Sept. but I would like to start a little preplanning. Thanks

I am looking for the compasses for the Western. Everytime I search I find old ones. Are they pretty much the same as a year ago?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? We are sailing in Sept. but I would like to start a little preplanning. Thanks

I found these while searching for my Easterns :) They are from a March 2012 crusie.

http://gallery.bluevine.net/thumbnails.php?album=5

Haven't cruised RCCL in a few years. Was wondering how to go about bringing our pop/water on board? Do I put it in a hard cooler and send it with luggage? Or do I carry it on with me in a suitecase? Thanks for all your help!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if specialty dining packages are offered on the Freedom? (either precruise or once oboard)

What night are the wine pairing dinners in eiteher Portofinos or Chops?

What shows can you prebook for and how far in advance?

Thanks for any help!!

Does anyone know if specialty dining packages are offered on the Freedom? (either precruise or once oboard)

What night are the wine pairing dinners in eiteher Portofinos or Chops?

What shows can you prebook for and how far in advance?

Thanks for any help!!

The wine series dinner at Portofinos in January was on the second night. Worth every penny.