Man, People Who Book Guarantees Must Be HUGE Whiners!!!

Rowan555

The only time we go a bad location on a GTY was on the Pride. Our room was located directly under the Jazz Club and man was it loud from late evening until 1:30am each night. It literally vibrated the cover for the AC duct right off the ceiling. Haven't booked a GTY since then.

I don't understand those whiners either. How can you be upset when you actually GET what you pay for!!! We have booked guarantee twice and did not get an upgrade. Who cares, we got the cabin we paid for. We are booked for a cruise in May, balcony guaranteed. The least I can get is a balcony, which I am soooooooooooo looking forward to.

Agree with op and I'm glad you've got a great outlook for booking gty. I read way too much complaining about gty rooms on these boards and/or unrealistic expectations that you'll get a fantastic room. Some of my favorites are those that book gty and then expect that if they don't like their assigned rooms they can for the same price pick a different room that they like better. If you really don't care where your room is gty is a great way to save some money but if there are rooms you would not be happy in, do NOT go gty. Like someone else said, its just like playing the slot machines, where the rule should be to not put more money in than you're willing to loose cause sometimes you win big, but other times you loose it all and you need to be happy no matter what happens! ;)

Out of necessity, I always book spur-of-the-moment, last minute (3-5 days before the cruise), so I almost always get a GTY inside. However, maybe because I'm PLATINUM or just lucky, I lately always get upgraded (several times to an OV cabin). :confused:

I wouldn't complain anyway for that's just the nature of my plight. But to complain when you're motivation for booking a GTY months before the cruise is TO GET A CHEAPER RATE, how can anyone realistically complain? Common sense dictates, the cabins left when the guarantees are assigned are, obviously, the least desirable cabins. :rolleyes:

There are no miracles . . . :D

we book a gty almost everytime we sail - some upgrades are better than others, but hey the cabin is on the ship, and that's ALL that matters to us.

my PVP used to always sound sad that he had to tell me we didn't get a cat 12 - until he realized I was joking...this time he actually sent me a 'play invoice' for LB12 - I called -

"LB?"

"Lifeboat 12! Kim, you got lifeboat 12!"

"Is it real or inflatable?"

"It's real, has a door and everything."

"Cool, if we abandon ship I can take my shoes!"

I'm just happy to be onboard, with access to whatever I want...and this time - NO KIDS - at least none of mine.:D

We have 61 days before we cruise the Med. I booked an OV guarantee and didn't expect to get a room number until close to the cruise but it was there today. It was a 6B on the main deck. Is it unusual to get a room so soon? I am happy just to be going on a cruise for 12 days.:)

I was also delighted to find I had been assigned a cabin on the Empress deck. Two floors below Lido and two above the Promenade so we could take the stairs to either. I think it's the best deck.

***Off Subject**:) I'm guessing in your opinion the Empess Deck is a great location?

On the last five booked cruise (we have sailed four of them with the 5th one next year) our PVP got us great upgrades on 3 of the 4 we have sailed. The one that she did not get us graded, we already booked a Cat 11 on the Elation for the balcony.

On the Triumph, we were upgraded from an 8A to 8E. If we do not get upgraded on the Freedom, we will still have a balcony, which is what we paid for.

Our first cruise we booked a 4a Gty and ended up on the promenade deck. Now we didn't know a whole heck of a lot about what that meant, but we heard tell it was a pretty decent upgrade?? We were still inside room, but it was all we needed.

We booked another 4a on the crazy cruise, so wherever we end up it's fine with us.

This is our first time with Carnival. We booked ourselves online and were told we would not find out our room until we boarded. Does that mean we are getting the last room available? We have booked online before (on another line) and knew what room we had right at the time. I know we only paid for an inside cabin, which is fine, but I am a little worried now where we will end up.

This is our first time with Carnival. We booked ourselves online and were told we would not find out our room until we boarded. Does that mean we are getting the last room available? We have booked online before (on another line) and knew what room we had right at the time. I know we only paid for an inside cabin, which is fine, but I am a little worried now where we will end up.

More often than not you will find your cabin # listed when you log into the carnival site and check your booking. Have you added your booking # to your profile, then you can see it when you click on my reservations tab.

I booked last minute and had my cabin # within the hour....so its not always true they wouldnt tell you until you get to the port, in fact I would say its not that often.

We have our room number already on the Freedom for May 22. Could you get an upgrade if you have a room number?

It can always happen, but its very unlikely. Unless you have part of a connecting cabin, a handicapped cabin, a aft wrap or something they want enough to move you, it doesnt happen.

Booked a specific balcony cabin on our last cruise (May 2006). 2 days before we left, i checked our online documents and found we were upgraded to a SUITE!

No complaints here :)

bonnie

[quote name='readboat']We have our room number already on the Freedom for May 22. Could you get an upgrade if you have a room number?[/quote]

Not meaning to feed into the unrealistic upgrade wishfulness of some cruisers but to answer your question: Yes, but it is unlikely. On a disney cruise we were upgraded from an OV gty to a balcony cabin at the port. The cabin was across from the laundry room and I think someone had complained. The CSR at check-in was frazzled and when we stepped up in line she quickly asked me if I'd accept a balcony regardless of location. I still wonder where the original occupants ended up. The family behind me wanted to [I]buy[/I] an upgrade and were loud and po'ed that they [I]gave[/I] us an upgrade.

No one was happy but me!

Archived