Sweet 16 vs. 6135 on M class

sealover155

The sweet sixteen cabins are all Cat 2C @ 170 sq. ft. Not to be confused with CC category cabins that measure 191 sq. ft.

What the 2C sixteen have going for them are their balconies (twice the depth as ordinary 2Cs), which can be seen in this picture (click on it to expand):

373724618PYnbJg_th.jpg

You say the price difference is $800. Is that for the cabin? I have an aft reserved for 4 weeks in March on the Infinity, and had one not been available, I would have taken 6135,36 or 6143,44 rather than one of the sweet 16 cabins. Room size and balcony size on long cruises are very important.

The price difference is $400pp, so $800 per cabin. We finally decided on 6135 and will watch to see if the CC prices drop. If we run into rough seas, I think this will be better and on a 14 day cruise, we'll appreciate the extra room and storage in the cabin.

I am a little confused concerning the sweet 16 cabins. In checking the deck plans, it appears that (at least 6030) they are the smaller cabins (170 square feet) with the smaller balconies (38 square feet)

Sorry to say but the deck plans and cabin descriptions don't tell the whole story. There are secrets lurking out there such as larger and, sorry to say, smaller balconies other than what is advertised. But all category 2's have 170sq. ft. vs. CC with 190.

My mistake 6135 is not part of the sweet sixteen. The sweet sixteen cabins are on the port side 8 cabins 6021 thru 6035 and 8 cabins on the starboard side 6016 thru 6030 they are standard 170 sg. ft rooms but there balconies are huge at least 4x bigger than the standard balcony. Do not go by the way they show these cabins on the website or the picture in the brochures they are incorrect the balconies are bigger because the ship is wider at that point due to the celebrity theature in that location

Sorry to say but the deck plans and cabin descriptions don't tell the whole story. There are secrets lurking out there such as larger and, sorry to say, smaller balconies other than what is advertised. But all category 2's have 170sq. ft. vs. CC with 190.

We were in 6030 last month. It is a standard balcony cabin (170 sq. ft.), but the balcony was very large, at least double the size of the regular and CC class balconies. We had always sailed in CC and Sky Suites, so we worried that the standard balcony cabin would seem a lot smaller. While it is significantly smaller than a Sky Suite, we didn't notice any appreciable difference between it and a CC cabin (which is 192 sq. ft.).

I do not know where you got your information about 6144 but it is not correct. The balcony of the deck 7 cabins make a "cover" for that cabin's balcony.

The issue for these two cabins - if you think it is an issue - is the butler's pantry on the fore side of the cabin. There is a door from the corridor and a door to a small balcony area that can be accessed by the crews as well as the stewards and butlers. There is also an operable gate to the balcony of 6144.

When we sailed in that cabin the pantry balcony was accessed from time to time for maintenance. We thought we would be bothered by the maintenance crews but we found them most unobtrusive, even when they were painting our railing.

There are many reasons why these cabins are as popular as the aft balconies. When booking a CC cabin I always ask for aft first, then 6144/43, then 6133/34.

I do not know where you got your information about 6144 but it is not correct. The balcony of the deck 7 cabins make a "cover" for that cabin's balcony.

The issue for these two cabins - if you think it is an issue - is the butler's pantry on the fore side of the cabin. There is a door from the corridor and a door to a small balcony area that can be accessed by the crews as well as the stewards and butlers. There is also an operable gate to the balcony of 6144.

When we sailed in that cabin the pantry balcony was accessed from time to time for maintenance. We thought we would be bothered by the maintenance crews but we found them most unobtrusive, even when they were painting our railing.

There are many reasons why these cabins are as popular as the aft balconies. When booking a CC cabin I always ask for aft first, then 6144/43, then 6133/34.

Actually, we were on Millie in November and I could swear that I saw an uncovered balcony just fwd. of the PH and SS's. Then I read on these boards that this was indeed true but only on Millie, not on the other M class ships.

Hope I'm wrong! Really wish there was an authoritative guide to the rooms similar to seatguru.com for airplanes.

Hi Purple! The "sweet 16" cabins are the first 8 balcony cabins on each side of deck 6. They have double depth balconies, not delineated on the deck plans but there nonetheless. They are categorized as 2C - the cabin size, interior the same as other 2C's, 170 Sq. ft. vs. 190 Sq. ft. in the CC's. Some people have responded on this thread that the CC isn't worth the extra if you can get a sweet 16 with the larger balcony. Others like the CC amenities and larger stateroom.

Such a dilemma!

Thanks, sealover! Since we're going to be on the ship for 30 days, with many at sea, we've decided the extra 2 feet and the quasi amenities are worth the extra expense. It looks, from photos of the ship, as if our balcony is enormous. It's more than a year away, but we have a week-long visit to Toronto coming up and the 26 days on the Amazon in November to look forward to so I'm sure the time will pass quickly.

Thanks, sealover! Since we're going to be on the ship for 30 days, with many at sea, we've decided the extra 2 feet and the quasi amenities are worth the extra expense. It looks, from photos of the ship, as if our balcony is enormous. It's more than a year away, but we have a week-long visit to Toronto coming up and the 26 days on the Amazon in November to look forward to so I'm sure the time will pass quickly.

I think you made an excellent move. For such a long cruise, every inch is precious. Plus you will want a few sweaters for your Baltic cruise. We did this one 2 years ago and it was spectacular. You'll have a fun year planning all of your adventures. Our guide in St. Petersburg was able to get fabulous tickets to the Mariinsky Ballet which was definitely a highlight. If you haven't already, you might want to consider the roll call for this part of your trip. I found it to be invaluable.

Okay, what's a sweet 16? I just upgraded to a CC (8046) from a C2 (6048). Both have the large, angular balconies. This is a B2B and the difference was $1,500, give or take. Is this a waste of money?

Hey, Ann, so nice to "see" you again! Your B2B sounds wonderful, and I think you made the right choice to upgrade, too.

Your signature says you'll be on Summit, but don't you mean Connie?:confused:

Please pass my and Kevin's best wishes to Bill - happy sailing!

I'm still undecided about what cabin to pick 6135 or 6143. HELP:confused:

Does 6135 have a bigger bathroom? marble tile? Does this cabin have a door out to the balcony or a sliding door? Does this cabin have different carpeting, furniture..., then cabin 6143? I know this cabin is an adjoining cabin, any problems with noise?

How about 6143? anything special about this cabin?

Where can I find pictures of these cabins?

Help- I have called and changed my reservations 6 times (back and forth between these two cabins) :eek: :eek:

Sorry, I dont understand what these are :confused: and search isn't working :(

These are the 8 starboard and matching 8 port side balcony deck 6 cabins which because of the way the ship is built have double depth balconies.... side of ship regular type cabins are narrower ....these "sweet 16" 's because of their position enjoy deeper balconies.

I'm still undecided about what cabin to pick 6135 or 6143. HELP:confused:

Does 6135 have a bigger bathroom? marble tile? Does this cabin have a door out to the balcony or a sliding door? Does this cabin have different carpeting, furniture..., then cabin 6143? I know this cabin is an adjoining cabin, any problems with noise?

How about 6143? anything special about this cabin?

Where can I find pictures of these cabins?

Help- I have called and changed my reservations 6 times (back and forth between these two cabins) :eek: :eek:

My understanding is that 6143 is a bit, about a foot, wider than all other CC cabins. The extra width is noticeable and appreciated. Like 6135 and 6136, it and 6144 have much larger balconies. My first CC choice is one of the aft cabins on decks 7 and 8, then 6143 or 6144, then 6135 or 36. I believe the bathrooms are all identical. I've not stayed in any of these on deck 6 but have enjoyed the aft cabins many times. The bathrooms are absolutely OK - enough storage and a decent shower. Friends stayed in 6143 on one of our trips and enjoyed everything about it - no complaints. I think they all have sliding doors to the balconies.

Go for 6143 quick!

6143 first choice. No connecting door, larger sofa, close to foot wider. 2nd choice 6135. connecting door, love seat. Both have the same great veranda, same bathrooms. Have stayed in both of these on Connie, enjoyed both! Can't go wrong with either.

I've have sailed in 6135 on the Summit and it was half covered with a hardtop from the stateroom/verandah above and the remaining half was covered by a canvas canopy. Consequently, it had plenty of privacy. I have heard, but am unable to confirm, that the canopy cover does not exist for this particular stateroom on all M-Class ships. There are definitely no canopy covers, other than the ceiling several floors above them, for the exposed halves of the verandahs on the Sweet 16 staterooms. As such, one is somewhat protected from the elements, just not entirely out of range of the staterooms' upstairs neighbors. Although 6143 appears wider than 6135 on Celebrity's deckplans, both staterooms are nearly, if not precisely, the same width. The deckplans omit the depiction of the butler's pantry adjacent to 6143, which takes up what appears to be the stateroom's additional width. True, 6135 has a connecting door to the next stateroom, but I never had a problem with noise or odors emanating from next door. The consequence of the connecting door for 6135 is two small chairs instead of they typical loveseat.

The other aspect I include in stateroom selection is my Captain's Club status. Elite status provides some perks that you would typically pay for in Concierge Class; such as Elite flowers, priority embarkation/disembarkation/tendering, etc. As Elite members in a non-CC stateroom, you will do without the welcome bottle of sparklling wine, nightly canapés, and deluxe towels and robes. For warmer climate cruises, I actually prefer having the lighter bathrobes! With my Captain's Club status and concomitant perks, I'm more inclined to book a 2A category stateroom and save a few dollars as it's good rationale to indulge myself with a few shipboard massages. The only downside about being so far forward, as you are in the Sweet 16 staterooms, would be encounters with rough seas. I was up there once and was definitely rocking and rolling on a particularly rough day. Anyway, I recommend you factor in all this as well as the info from the other posters and make your decision. Whatever you decide, it will be the right one!

All good points, embellish. As mentioned earlier, we've reserved 6135 for the South America Infinity next winter. On this 14 day cruise, the extra space and location were significant factors. I'd probably have gone for the sweet 16 and used the $800 for martinis and massages, but DH voted for the CC and he gets a vote too.

We are Elite Captain's Club members so benefits such as flowers and priority boarding, tendering, etc. are duplicated but for this longer cruise I think we'll enjoy the 6135.

Mary Anne

Archived