Advantages Of Buying Rci Stock?

:rolleyes:

This thread is like watching the market ticker except without the information.

jc

Just like so many here on these threads. I wonder why so many not only watch something that they believe has no information, but must also contribute with no information.

Ooh, you're right. It's down below $24/share today. I wish I did have a crystal ball to know what would happen. I think RCI will be OK in the long run, but if these high energy prices keep squeezing the economy, it could really hurt their bottom line over the next couple years. People won't stop taking vacations, but they'll likely scale back a bit. I could see it having a significant impact on the pay-out period for their investments in this giant new ships.

Still, a price in the low twenties is pretty tempting.

Yeah, if it goes much lower I might be tempted to bite.

Just like so many here on these threads. I wonder why so many not only watch something that they believe has no information, but must also contribute with no information.

Humor, has its own value. Thanks for your complete lack of nuance in that regard.:D

jc

Yeah, if it goes much lower I might be tempted to bite.

Hey Gonzo70, watch out today.....should be real interesting. I think I'll knock down the 20 guess I had a few posts before.....it's going to the teens unless things change dramatically.

Its not like I am doing well timing it waiting to buy mine, its just I dont have the money now (or 28+ when I started looking) but I am getting happier and happier the further it falls. Plan is still to wait until mid/late september to buy it for me. But if it gets to the mid teens, I will seriously reconsider.

Hey Gonzo70, watch out today.....should be real interesting. I think I'll knock down the 20 guess I had a few posts before.....it's going to the teens unless things change dramatically.

Yeah, I am keeping my eye on it. I had thought oil had peaked for the year last week, but looks like it might be going higher. Part of me is still tempted to snag some up here, but I think it may be prudent to wait until after earnings to make a decision.

I am watching this very closely. As a Diamond+ member I will continue to cruise RCL and Celebrity. However to take a bit more off for owning stock is very tempting. At the price it was at for a long while, it was not worth it. However all that has changed. I will now buy 1K as I can not only get the credit, but then sell 900 of the shares I will buy for a profit and then ride the free shares for the long haul credit.

The bottom is not in sight yet. Oil climbs every day for now and the dollar continues to slide against the euro. All these will squeeze the stock price well into the fall, and perhaps into next year. I don't have a crystal ball to say where the bottom will be. The charts are of little help at this point other than to point down. However I don't see much at this point to keep RCL out of the teens.

Watching closely for now.

Archived