Advantages Of Buying Rci Stock?

How the heck do you come up with the buy and hold causing harm???? Good grief... you just can't admit that your investment strategy is the only correct investment strategy can you? Good grief...

Even I can answer that one. If you buy and hold, without keeping some tabs on the fundamentals of the company you've bought into, you could lose everything. Simply "holding for the long term" is not a universally good strategy. On average, it does pretty well, but if you have a lemon, sometimes it's better to get rid of it. (Wish I'd done that years ago with the MCI stock I had . . . )

Oh my, back to your rants. I never said any of the things you are purporting. I never said the market is only going down. I said that I believe RCL stock is going to continue trending down for the time being. I never said that RCL stock is being sold without someone buying the shares being sold; that would not be possible. I never said I can predict the future; I said that I think RCL is in very bad financial shape relative to where the stock is currently priced; I have been saying this consistently since the stock was at 42 and have so far been correct all the way down to 26 and change. I have made no suggestions that I can correctly predict the overall market or all stocks; I have only made comments about RCL. In my opinion buying a large stock for the long term, without frequently reassessing if the company is still healthy is generally as foolish as someone who day trades. If you disagree with that, fine. Perhaps you can give all your money to Don to manage and see how he does. Afterall, he interpreted RCL's last quarter as being fantastic, so he must really be a lot smarter than me.

You "think" the last quarter was horrible, opinion, or provide a reputable link. You "think" RCL is in very bad financial shape relative to where the stock is priced, opinon? or privide a link. Ill have a stock picking contest with you any time.

You "think" the last quarter was horrible, opinion, or provide a reputable link. You "think" RCL is in very bad financial shape relative to where the stock is priced, opinon? or privide a link. Ill have a stock picking contest with you any time.

That they had a horrible quarter is a fact. If you don't realize that, you know almost nothing about stocks.

That they are in very bad shape relative to the current price is purely opinion.

Nobody said universally. Nobody said never sell... Without writing the book Gonzo needs me to read it is impossible in an internet forum to cover every possible configuration of events. My point, simple though it is... IS THAT THERE IS NO SINGLE CORRECT INVESTMENT STRATEGY. All can work well, and all can put you in the poor house. Some depend on luck, some depends on reality of historical returns and some depend on knowing the future. I will let you two use the luck and future seeing investment strategies. :rolleyes:

Without straw men you two would eventually have to quit posting. Fortunately, you both continue to throw out words I never stated.

Just like Gonzo who says RCI is trending down and then argues he never said it only goes down. I am saying you don't know what it is going to do tomorrow. You may think you know, and unless you are Gonzo and can see the future you don't know. If you know that in the defineable future it is going to be lower, then you know something that those buying the stock at the end of the day don't know. People are betting both ways everyday. If you know you are smart. Gonzo doesn't want to admit he is smart, for some reason... still don't get that.:rolleyes: :D

jc

You may think you know, and unless you are Gonzo and can see the future you don't know. If you know that in the defineable future it is going to be lower, then you know something that those buying the stock at the end of the day don't know. People are betting both ways everyday. If you know you are smart. Gonzo doesn't want to admit he is smart, for some reason... still don't get that.:rolleyes: :D

jc

I think I am starting to see the future; you will continue to make ranting non-sensical posts and Don will lose all his money investing. And no, I don't think I am that smart; if I were I would not keep responding to your posts.

That they had a horrible quarter is a fact. If you don't realize that, you know almost nothing about stocks.

That they are in very bad shape relative to the current price is purely opinion.

Q1 earnings SURGE, http://www.istockanalyst.com/viewrssitem+id_401584.html Still wanting for your link to its "horrible" quarter.

Nobody said universally. Nobody said never sell... Without writing the book Gonzo needs me to read it is impossible in an internet forum to cover every possible configuration of events. My point, simple though it is... IS THAT THERE IS NO SINGLE CORRECT INVESTMENT STRATEGY. All can work well, and all can put you in the poor house. Some depend on luck, some depends on reality of historical returns and some depend on knowing the future. I will let you two use the luck and future seeing investment strategies. :rolleyes:

Without straw men you two would eventually have to quit posting. Fortunately, you both continue to throw out words I never stated.

Just like Gonzo who says RCI is trending down and then argues he never said it only goes down. I am saying you don't know what it is going to do tomorrow. You may think you know, and unless you are Gonzo and can see the future you don't know. If you know that in the defineable future it is going to be lower, then you know something that those buying the stock at the end of the day don't know. People are betting both ways everyday. If you know you are smart. Gonzo doesn't want to admit he is smart, for some reason... still don't get that.:rolleyes: :D

jc

OK. And I will let you continue to babble incoherently about your various gross misinterpretations of other people's opinions. :rolleyes: :D

What the @!#$ does the straw men comment mean, anyway. I'm sure you mean it in your usual condescending way, but it's not an expression with which I'm familiar.

Q1 earnings SURGE, http://www.istockanalyst.com/viewrssitem+id_401584.html Still wanting for your link to its "horrible" quarter.

My "link" is the stock price. Since the earnings report the stock has tanked and half the analsyts covering the stock stopped rating it a strong buy. In their discussion of their earnings they admitted that they were facing difficult conditions and lowered their full year earnings estimate. No earnings report in which the company lowers their full year estimates is a "great" quarter. The link you posted is fluff. If you have any knowledge of stocks and quarterly reports, you would know you cannot take little paragraph sound bites designed to make things sound all rosy to be the crux of the earnings report. It is the equivalent of showing a sign outside a hole in the wall restaurant that says "Best Burgers in the World" as an indication that it is a five star gourmet restuarant.

OK. And I will let you continue to babble incoherently about your various gross misinterpretations of other people's opinions. :rolleyes: :D

What the @!#$ does the straw men comment mean, anyway. I'm sure you mean it in your usual condescending way, but it's not an expression with which I'm familiar.

It is a common expression used by Moors; I am not sure if he is one but am starting to think so - it would explain a lot about his posts.

My "link" is the stock price. Since the earnings report the stock has tanked and half the analsyts covering the stock stopped rating it a strong buy. In their discussion of their earnings they admitted that they were facing difficult conditions and lowered their full year earnings estimate. No earnings report in which the company lowers their full year estimates is a "great" quarter. The link you posted is fluff. If you have any knowledge of stocks and quarterly reports, you would know you cannot take little paragraph sound bites designed to make things sound all rosy to be the crux of the earnings report. It is the equivalent of showing a sign outside a hole in the wall restaurant that says "Best Burgers in the World" as an indication that it is a five star gourmet restuarant.

That "fluff" is more than you can provide. If it was only stock price and economic conditions according to you I should have never bought 300 shares at 8 - post 9/11 and sold at 38. Burgers and a five-star rest. an analogy, you can do better than that.

I wish I had done it years ago. For cruises of 7 nights or more you get 100 obc and for shorter it is 50$. It does add up. But how has the stock been? I would not want to be getting the obc but losing my money invested in the stock? I am sure it has seen its ups and downs, but seems to be doing well these days.

On Board Credits are

1 to 5 nights $ 50.00

6 to 8 nights $ 100.00

9 to 13 nights $ 200.00

14 plus nights $ 250.00

That "fluff" is more than you can provide. If it was only stock price and economic conditions according to you I should have never bought 300 shares at 8 - post 9/11 and sold at 38. Burgers and a five-star rest. an analogy, you can do better than that.

Why'd you sell at 38?

You sold it at 38? Why sell it after that spectacular quarter that sent the stock plummeting and its red as roses outlook you keep speaking of? I am surprised you didn't buy more after they released that amazing quarter. Perhaps another 300 shares are in order.

That "fluff" is more than you can provide.

I have provided you with far more than "fluff."

*Multiple analysts have downgraded the stock since the quarter; none have upgraded.

*RCL annouced in their conference call to discuss the quarter that they were not going to meet full year estimates.

*The stock has been under tremendous downwards pressure since the quarter, underperforming the market and even it's own sector.

There are three significant factual pieces of information to support the fact that they had a bad quarter. All you have produced is an article from six weeks before the quarter in which the analyst stated the stock appeared to have bottomed (and is clearly wrong becuase it is down over 30% since then) and a piece of fluff.

I guess that I must be very thankful that my Grand Father bought and held AT&T in 1929. If one does not now own or is planning on buying RCI who cares. They are still building ships and sailing at full passenger load levels at a lot lower cost than when we first cruised with them in 1987. Everything rides that good old bell curve at some point. But if RCI would just go on and put all their ships in dry dock till their stock rebounded :eek: OH, it would never rebound. It's 5:00 somewhere, time to go.

Yeah, I guess you are right after all. I mean with the stock hitting new 52 week lows every week, it must have been a fantastic quarter. I was wrong. The company and it's stock are just in amazing shape. So in your expert opinion will this next quarter also be a landmark one as well?

Yeah, I guess you are right after all. I mean with the stock hitting new 52 week lows every week, it must have been a fantastic quarter. I was wrong. The company and it's stock are just in amazing shape. So in your expert opinion will this next quarter also be a landmark one as well?

As far as historical closing prices... it's now trading lower than it has since 2003.

Better late than never:

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080616/sector_snap_cruises.html?.v=1

Why analysts seem to wait until after the big decline to make these comments still baffles me. She should have come out with this release a couple of months ago! Maybe she finally read this thread. :cool:

I am sure DonM will still think this quarter is fantastic after he buys the spin that RCL will put on it in their fluffy press release.

I think after the unveiling on Wed the stock will have a bounce.

Try Googling "dead cat bounce" - can't imagine much positive about a travel related stock with gas and oil at all-time highs, a local economy in a recession, and a global economy unraveling...

Filling ships will not remain an easy thing... The stock has lots of downward potential, with a moderate uptick here or there...

Plenty of movement enough to play it as a safe day stock :)

Archived