How can I find out the quality of my room?

we are booked on the Mariner, room 2292. i have been reading the threads about rooms on decks 6, deck 7, balcony and suite rooms, but unfortunately, have not been able to find any threads on the lower deck rooms. will we be in the "bowels" of the ship? will the noise be unbearable? the room is located in the center of the ship, so this must be a plus, correct?

Your cabin will be just fine. My DS & DIL love deck 2 midships. They have no problems getting off the ship in port & when they re-board, there's no wait for an elevator to get back to their cabin. In addition to the convenient location, movement is minimal.

Enjoy your cruise and remember, for the most part, the food & service are the same regardless of what cabin you're in.

Most people love midship. There is just this old culture that higher in the ship is better but if you get seasick at all, your cabin location is better. The only thing is that there are rarely any balconies or suites close to the water (unless it's a very small ship) so the people who love to spend time in their cabins will try to book something with a veranda or even nicer. People who want to go on a cruise and not spend as much money or just aren't as interested in their cabin catagory will book inside or window cabins. This means the people who book the cabins like yours are less likely to talk about their cabin and more likely to talk about other aspects of the experience.

Your cabin will be as nice as any other cabin in the same catagory and probably as nice as most of the cabins on the ship (excluding suites). The ones with verandas aren't "nicer", they just have the balcony.

You'll be fine. Enjoy!!!

Most people love midship. There is just this old culture that higher in the ship is better but if you get seasick at all, your cabin location is better. The only thing is that there are rarely any balconies or suites close to the water (unless it's a very small ship) so the people who love to spend time in their cabins will try to book something with a veranda or even nicer. People who want to go on a cruise and not spend as much money or just aren't as interested in their cabin catagory will book inside or window cabins. This means the people who book the cabins like yours are less likely to talk about their cabin and more likely to talk about other aspects of the experience.

Your cabin will be as nice as any other cabin in the same catagory and probably as nice as most of the cabins on the ship (excluding suites). The ones with verandas aren't "nicer", they just have the balcony.

You'll be fine. Enjoy!!!

I agree 100%

Don't worry OP, your room will be as nice as the others. They don't treat the rooms differently depending on what floor they are on when it comes to cleaning/repairing. We just judge each other here ;)

Your cabin will be just fine. My DS & DIL love deck 2 midships. They have no problems getting off the ship in port & when they re-board, there's no wait for an elevator to get back to their cabin. In addition to the convenient location, movement is minimal.

Enjoy your cruise and remember, for the most part, the food & service are the same regardless of what cabin you're in.

I agree. Your cabin is fine.

Your cabin looks to be dead center--so nighttime motion should be minimal. The only downside to being so far down, is the elevator waits you will have! Going 8 decks to the pool will be a bit difficult by stairs! But, all cabins of the same catagory are identical, so as long as deck doesn't matter, the room will be ok!

We were on the Mariner last April with 2 Deck 2 outside cabins. They were fine and even with it being Spring Break and full of kids, the elevator waits were not long at all! We used the steps most of the time since the dining rooms and promenade were just a few decks up. We only used the elevators to go to the pool and Winjammer!

we are booked on the Mariner, room 2292. i have been reading the threads about rooms on decks 6, deck 7, balcony and suite rooms, but unfortunately, have not been able to find any threads on the lower deck rooms. will we be in the "bowels" of the ship? will the noise be unbearable? the room is located in the center of the ship, so this must be a plus, correct?

Just got off AOS in March with a deck 3/port-midship cabin and booked a similar cabin on AOS in June but on deck 2. I loved the low deck oceanview. The window is huge and right over the bed. The curtains can stay open at night for star- and ocean-gazing before sleep and when you wake up in the middle of the night.

The other reasons are good too...great location when you are trying to embark after port visits. Everyone else has to wait for the El. Having no balcony gets you out and about. To be outside you only need to walk up to Deck 4. AOS and MOS have a wide outside deck area on 4, lots of chairs, and heaps of peace and quiet.

Can you tell I'm a BIG fan?;)

My fiance and I are on the INdependance of the seas and we are on the 8th floor --- how do we know if we have a balcony??? I have tried to go on RCL website to see a layout of a balcony room but I can't find one -- any tips????:cool:

My fiance and I are on the INdependance of the seas and we are on the 8th floor --- how do we know if we have a balcony??? I have tried to go on RCL website to see a layout of a balcony room but I can't find one -- any tips????:cool:

Here are Independence's deck 8 floor plans:

shp_id_deck08_rc1_dpl.gif

You should look into getting 'run of the ship//gaurantee' this way you buy low and hopefully get a much higher deck and possibly a balcony. :)

You have nothing to lose when you purchase the bottom for little $ and they upgrade you. Whats the worse, your back where you started?

Its a win win situation.

I bought bottom of the boat on the Triump (when it was 3 weeks old) and was so happy when I got to the pier and was assigned the top deck! Granted it was an inside, but it was way up! Hubby loved the inside (we were use to port holes and picture windows) but I took one look at the balcony cabin across from us and have gotten balcony ever since.

LOVE LOVE LOVE MY BALCONY & WE ALWAYS GET MIDDLE OF THE SHIP.:D

Once had the bottom (didn't know any better) and woke my husband up during the night cause I didn't know what was going on. (Rough waters) He told me it was pot holes (lmao) and to go back to sleep. Next day many people were sick. Also I heard a lot of noice from below my deck. Boiler room?:eek:

Its like my mom always says, you get what you pay for. ;)

We were on the Mariner last April with 2 Deck 2 outside cabins. They were fine and even with it being Spring Break and full of kids, the elevator waits were not long at all! We used the steps most of the time since the dining rooms and promenade were just a few decks up. We only used the elevators to go to the pool and Winjammer!

Same for us last month. It was a one floor walk to our cabins when we came back from ports. No waiting for elevators then.

Kelly,

Have you started packing yet? Your cruise is coming up soon.:)

Are you at home at the moment?

Hi! I don't know how I missed this post last week. I have started packing "in my head" if that makes sense. Friday night I plan to start throwing it all in the suitcase. I can't believe that exactly one week from now I'll be enjoying the Enchantment!

You should look into getting 'run of the ship//gaurantee' this way you buy low and hopefully get a much higher deck and possibly a balcony. :)

You have nothing to lose when you purchase the bottom for little $ and they upgrade you. Whats the worse, your back where you started?

Its a win win situation.

I bought bottom of the boat on the Triump (when it was 3 weeks old) and was so happy when I got to the pier and was assigned the top deck! Granted it was an inside, but it was way up! Hubby loved the inside (we were use to port holes and picture windows) but I took one look at the balcony cabin across from us and have gotten balcony ever since.

LOVE LOVE LOVE MY BALCONY & WE ALWAYS GET MIDDLE OF THE SHIP.:D

Once had the bottom (didn't know any better) and woke my husband up during the night cause I didn't know what was going on. (Rough waters) He told me it was pot holes (lmao) and to go back to sleep. Next day many people were sick. Also I heard a lot of noice from below my deck. Boiler room?:eek:

Its like my mom always says, you get what you pay for. ;)

What is run of the ship? i have seen a "guarantee" cabin but not a "run of ship"

Archived